Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 7

Old 03-04-2016, 03:11 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Thoughts and prayers 360. But remember, you are only in charge of you and your feelings and reactions.

Heading into Friday evening here! Sparkling water and burgers....and guess what else finally came?! My Girl Scout cookies!!! Ice cream or cookies tonight..?! Why should I have to choose lol! Vanilla and thin mints perhaps? Samoas?
Old 03-04-2016, 03:13 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jobei View Post
My brother has been battling his heroin addiction and ending up losing all his money and in jail a couple times... he lives a few hours away from me so there's not much that I can do, even if I was there I can't make him stop. I also pray he gets some help. I've suggested this site to him hopefully he will give it a try at some point.

Right now I need to battle my own addiction to alcohol. I'm on day 10 now and physically I'm feeling much better which has also been a trigger for me in the past. I'm not going to drink today though. I am home, safe in my room and I'm not going anywhere until I have to work tomorrow. I feel like I don't have many chances left to get this right, my next drink could be my last... sure felt that way after my last binge 10 days ago. I am going to ponder that tonight and be grateful for having some small bit of clarity about it today. I don't want to go back to that even if other things in my life are difficult and not exactly what I want them to be... I KNOW that I don't want to be like that again. I hope that you can get some rest and take it easy today.... it's so hard worrying about family members but don't forget to take care of yourself...
I think her addiction is the same as your brother, but I don't 100% know.

I feel the same as you. I can't let something else jeopardize me. I don't want to go back down that road.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:15 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone, I really appreciate it.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:33 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry 360. You have the whole group behind you though

I have every confidence you will be ok this weekend Time2Rise

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Thanks everyone for allowing me to stay in this class. My new day 1 has been fairly uneventful. Hungover as heck! I hope I won't have trouble sleeping tonight.
Welcome back beerbgone.

I just want to say I hope you might give some thought to posting in the March thread as well?

I know you're comfortable here - but sometimes comfort is not the best thing?

You might get a lot out of a new thread?

D
Old 03-04-2016, 04:10 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Nature Lover & Plantoholic

Originally Posted by SansaS View Post
Gardengal- are you a fellow gardener (I'm assuming that's where the name comes from?)
Yep, to the point of obsession. We moved to a smaller house with MUCH more land [and better school district]. I think much of the reason was my husband's guilt for what he put me through. Problem is, I'm kind of way over my head [going to hire some weeding help], and I CANNOT CANNOT stand my neighbors. At some point I will write more about that, but it's horrific. Cops have been called over disputes. They are all alcoholics, with lots of guns. Well, I've managed to sink to their level, haven't I? If you can't beat 'em, join 'em? [sarcasm alert]

I grow a lot of Aussie and S. African plants. The hummingbirds love them, and they don't need much water. Banksias are my latest thing, and I've been growing Grevilleas for quite a while. There is a new manager at a local public garden, from Australia, and he is now propagating and selling Oz native plants like mad. For me, he's like a drug pusher! LOL

edit: I also feed the birds! I also get raccoons, skunks, foxes, opossums, coyotes, deer [dam deer!! But they don't like to eat most Aussie plants ] …

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Samoas?
Those are my favorite! -former Girl Scout, who actually went door to door rather than set up shop in front of a shop.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:11 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm sorry 360. You have the whole group behind you though

Welcome back beerbgone.

I just want to say I hope you might give some thought to posting in the March thread as well?

I know you're comfortable here - but sometimes comfort is not the best thing?

You might get a lot out of a new thread?

D
I will Dee. Thank you!
Old 03-04-2016, 04:16 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

--" I have weighed myself and I've really only lost about 1 pound lol. I'm trying not to be too disappointed but I thought I might have
Lost a little bit more. I have been eating like an absolute pig though, I guess to reward myself for not drinking. I think I look better in the face but no one around me has noticed. Anyone else ?"

I look WORSE. I wouldn't post about it if it weren't bothering me so much. I've gained 13 pounds in 5 1/2 weeks (since getting sober--now I'm only on Day 10 due to a relapse). My face is fatter!! No one has noticed because I don't see anyone except recovery people, who didn't know me 13 pounds ago.

I eat gummies (no fat), but I seriously eat healthy otherwise. I drank so much alcohol every night, enough to usually black out. Then I would eat crap food in the early morning hours. I did eat less at meals or no meals, but all those other calories!?! It has to be less than what I'm getting now.

This has caused me to drink in past sober attempts--but it was only 5 pounds then, and it came off around 6 weeks. Plus my face looked great and got thinner right away. I've gained so much more this time and don't know what the hell is going on. I'm on a new anti-depressant. Maybe that's it. But I can't go off it. And at the end of this month, I'll be seeing a whole lot of people I haven't seen in 10+ years. Rrrrrrrgggggghh. None of my jeans fit.

Sorry to complain. It is so frustrating; it makes me want to give up. But not for today. Maybe I'll go to bed early tonight.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:24 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by safeandsound View Post
--" I have weighed myself and I've really only lost about 1 pound lol. I'm trying not to be too disappointed but I thought I might have
Lost a little bit more. I have been eating like an absolute pig though, I guess to reward myself for not drinking. I think I look better in the face but no one around me has noticed. Anyone else ?"

I look WORSE. I wouldn't post about it if it weren't bothering me so much. I've gained 13 pounds in 5 1/2 weeks (since getting sober--now I'm only on Day 10 due to a relapse). My face is fatter!! No one has noticed because I don't see anyone except recovery people, who didn't know me 13 pounds ago.

I eat gummies (no fat), but I seriously eat healthy otherwise. I drank so much alcohol every night, enough to usually black out. Then I would eat crap food in the early morning hours. I did eat less at meals or no meals, but all those other calories!?! It has to be less than what I'm getting now.

This has caused me to drink in past sober attempts--but it was only 5 pounds then, and it came off around 6 weeks. Plus my face looked great and got thinner right away. I've gained so much more this time and don't know what the hell is going on. I'm on a new anti-depressant. Maybe that's it. But I can't go off it. And at the end of this month, I'll be seeing a whole lot of people I haven't seen in 10+ years. Rrrrrrrgggggghh. None of my jeans fit.

Sorry to complain. It is so frustrating; it makes me want to give up. But not for today. Maybe I'll go to bed early tonight.
As soon as I drank, my face would puff up. After I quit the weight came off in spurts. Have you tried bumping up your water intake? I drink loads of water and it feels like never enough. Have you tried weight training at all? For me it seems like since I started doing the 21 day fix exercises, (I don't really follow the meal plan but it is a great plan to lose weight in a healthy way) the weight has come off a lot easier with the weight training I've done and I'm much more toned than I have ever been. I also try to limit my carbs and keep them as healthy as possible.

Try not to be too hard on yourself. Sobriety itself is a pretty big muscle to work to keep in shape.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:30 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 360startstoday View Post
I'm OK. Just frustrated. I'll post about it later. Just trying to not allow someone else's problems become my own.
Families are usually nothing but bad news. They're annoying at best.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:42 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

No response? Hello? Is my server down?
Old 03-04-2016, 04:46 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Administrator

are you ok OOTT?

D
Old 03-04-2016, 04:48 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by safeandsound View Post
--

I'm on a new anti-depressant. Maybe that's it. But I can't go off it. And at the end of this month, I'll be seeing a whole lot of people I haven't seen in 10+ years. Rrrrrrrgggggghh. None of my jeans fit.

Don't give up!!! It could very well be the anti-depressant. I happened to move up to the fulldose of mine shortly before the holidays. I was horrified when I visited my doctor in January and found out I gained 11 pounds! She looked at me, smiled and said, "Everyone gains weight over the holidays." I wanted to hug her!!!!

I'm sure you'll lose it!
Old 03-04-2016, 04:49 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Nature Lover & Plantoholic

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Families are usually nothing but bad news. They're annoying at best.
Mine certainly is, but I guess [err… I'm pretty sure] not all families are. Isn't that why we're here, on SR?

edit: yep, I ate like a pig over the holidays in Florida [no family there! LOL], and gained weight. It's the LEAST of my worries right now. I want to get over cravings!!
Old 03-04-2016, 05:05 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
are you ok OOTT?

D
Yup, just having fun. I'm in a great mood. The only problem is that I'm too busy at work for the amount of time I have.

I guess one problem is that I'm at home this weekend. By myself. Which has been a bit of a problem area in the recent past.
Old 03-04-2016, 05:06 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Administrator

Plenty of people here over the weekend if you need us OOT

D
Old 03-04-2016, 05:24 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

I hear you, SafeandSound. I often called dinner a 12 pack of beer. I'm eating healthy now but I am putting on weight. I think part of my problem is not a lot of exercise. I do yoga in the mornings and walk the dog but that's about it. I'm going to take Delizadee's advice and get back into weight training.

OOTT - Weekends are difficult for me too. I try to keep busy with non-work related stuff. It's hard to not work all weekend when there is so much to do, but I think keeping a balanced life is important. I been checking in here often over the weekends.
Old 03-04-2016, 05:25 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Food > Booze. Just sayin. Eat, be merry, don't drink. That's where I'm at.
Old 03-04-2016, 05:29 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Of course with that sinus infection I wasn't very hungry but it's coming back baby planning to take my daughter to the Chinese buffet sunday!!!
Old 03-04-2016, 05:33 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Alright I'm in. I want this to be for long run, not just the times when I feel like it. And for my life to get better and stay that way. I actually stopped drinking on Feb 21st, with one slip on Tuesday but I dusted myself off and didn't let it turn into a bender like I have in the past. Thanks Marcher for your inspiring post about joining a class....hello everybody
Old 03-04-2016, 05:43 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SansaS View Post
What day are you on now coco? Hope you are going ok?
You don't want to know,,believe me! At least I'm sober now. I'm OK thanks.

You seem really strong in your recovery, that's fantastic, good for you. Long may it last.