Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 7

Old 03-07-2016, 07:53 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Starting day 33. New week for everyone.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:08 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  
Nature Lover & Plantoholic

Yep, I have yet another doc appt today… She was a little rough on me ~ a month ago [for not following all orders], but now that she knows about this 'new' problem, hopefully she will go easy on me.

One day at a time…

I just realized I didn't put the health app on my phone that she insists I use. Oops. Let's see if I can get that done now. I'm so tech lame!
Old 03-07-2016, 09:11 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Burrowing through the to do list on my offday . Got my wife's paperwork in order for her to sign up for counselling. I hope it helps, because she's really hurting. When mamas not happy......
Good to see everyone today.
2 yr olds on a nap, I'm in between laundry and eating chips and catching up on hulu shows I follow. Next up- pick up 7 yr old from school.
AHA !!!
I found a previously closed down bar/ beer joint type place. Some ppl bought and renovated it. It is now a sasquatch museum !!! Wahoo-- Bigfoot hunters !
Thinking of taking my kids after school. They'll eat that stuff up ! I got a extra 20$ now that I'm not sloshing booze any longer.
Ridiculous fun awaits !!
Old 03-07-2016, 09:13 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mel12 View Post
The news reported that ten area restaurants just closed; without my booze money they went broke . . . just kidding! It is nice having more green in my pocket and more brain cells in my head. I for one pledge another week with no drinks.
Mel I am just as broke as before. I havebeen spending my money on food and treats for myself. But at least they are not killing me
Old 03-07-2016, 09:15 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Ugh. I pigged out again today. So much for the healthy day I had planned sigh.
Munxhing on fudge. Vanilla flavored. Yummy ��
Old 03-07-2016, 09:15 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GardenGal View Post
Yep, I have yet another doc appt today… She was a little rough on me ~ a month ago [for not following all orders], but now that she knows about this 'new' problem, hopefully she will go easy on me.

One day at a time…

I just realized I didn't put the health app on my phone that she insists I use. Oops. Let's see if I can get that done now. I'm so tech lame!

GG I have an iPhone 4. I stands for idiot in my case.
I'm starting to notice I'm not as flexible with new things. I read somewhere that one shouldn't make big changes until a good amount of sober time has passed. I think that fits me. Not sure I'd make sound choices on things right now, I.e, big decisions.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:29 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Yeah JL, I also have a 4. DH says I should get the latest, but I dunno… if it ain't broke, why fix it?

My poor eyesight would benefit from a bigger phone, but I need it to fit into my pocket.

You're doing great, btw. I've been wanting to give you a big high-5!

edit: uh… new avatar, knb? Is that your cat? Cute! Maybe I have to change mine to a pic of my whiny cat Fritz.

edit2: OMG, I forgot my password for my stupid phone! LOL
Old 03-07-2016, 09:37 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Installation successful, hoo-rah!! I feel like such a rockstar.

For anyone counting calories, carbs, etc, the app is free, and it's:

myfitnesspal

I apparently need it for figuring out carbs [for my insulin] at 'ethnic' restaurants.

edit: JL, the sasquatch museum sounds awesome!! Please do take your kids, and let us know how it was!

My son rescued every single worm stranded on the sidewalk today [rain] in front of middle school. Kids looked at him like he's mad [err… crazy], but we don't care. THINK DIFFERENT
Old 03-07-2016, 09:40 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

I loved my 4 but the 5S is so superior, and I'm not a cell phone type of guy.

Day 7 here and happy but looking out for that pink cloud. Not gonna fall off of it this time.....
Old 03-07-2016, 09:46 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

I think mine is a 4S. But aren't they on the 6 now??

Apple rulez ze vorld, bwaa ha haaaa!

edit: I mostly use mine as a camera, so that would be the only reason [for me] to upgrade.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:24 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GardenGal View Post
I think mine is a 4S. But aren't they on the 6 now??

Apple rulez ze vorld, bwaa ha haaaa!

edit: I mostly use mine as a camera, so that would be the only reason [for me] to upgrade.
I use to have a 4s and then changed it to a Sony experia. This phone is huge but got to say Apple still rulez y'all

Not my cat GG. Her name is Nala and has millions of followers on Instagram
Old 03-07-2016, 10:25 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leezer View Post

Day 7 here and happy but looking out for that pink cloud. Not gonna fall off of it this time.....
Good on you Lee
Old 03-07-2016, 10:25 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cococo View Post
Ha I'm impressed! Love it. How'd you do that?

It looks as though everybody was gas bagging away yesterday alright. I love a good old gas bag. I was too busy feeling sorry for myself like a widdle toddler who wasn't allowed a lolly.

I only have time to really skip read tonight as its getting late and I had a full on busy day and afternoon/early evening with my darling boy. But OOTT cleverness stood out, so I felt compelled to reply.

I'm finishing day 6.

Hope everybody has a lovely day/evening.
Congrats on day 6!! Keep up the good work Cococo!!
Old 03-07-2016, 10:27 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

How you doing yourself jobei?
Old 03-07-2016, 10:34 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leezer View Post

Good job Lee!
Old 03-07-2016, 10:39 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
How you doing yourself jobei?
Hey Knb02, I'm feeling much better today thank you. I slept in today and I'm still laying in bed at 1:30pm watching TV but that's ok. It's my day off and I plan to go shopping and run some errands then come back home and relax. I've resolved to not try to do too much these days and take it easy on myself. One day at a time. Yesterday was difficult but the wave passed, as it always does if you l let it... just trying to keep this in mind. How are you doing?
Old 03-07-2016, 10:39 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

3 weeks down and feeling strong and confident. Started running today. Felt like i was going to die. All that time drinking and smoking took its toll. Will keep pushing until i am healthy again. Baby steps.

Well done everyone and have an awesome week.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:00 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Freedom1982 View Post
3 weeks down and feeling strong and confident. Started running today. Felt like i was going to die. All that time drinking and smoking took its toll. Will keep pushing until i am healthy again. Baby steps.

Well done everyone and have an awesome week.
Grats my friend well done!
Old 03-07-2016, 11:03 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

I had an especially trying morning. By the time I was ready to break for lunch, I was practically in tears from frustration. A month ago I would have walked past the beer in the fridge straight to the liquor store for something stronger and finished my workday while downing shots and beer. Not this day.

I followed my plan and went straight to my father's house to forage for comfort food. I was not disappointed. My lunch feast, homemade corned beef and cabbage with a large slice of chocolate cake and green tea.

I'm feeling much better and ready to take on whatever the afternoon brings.

Peace, doodles.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:08 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jobei View Post
Hey Knb02, I'm feeling much better today thank you. I slept in today and I'm still laying in bed at 1:30pm watching TV but that's ok. It's my day off and I plan to go shopping and run some errands then come back home and relax. I've resolved to not try to do too much these days and take it easy on myself. One day at a time. Yesterday was difficult but the wave passed, as it always does if you l let it... just trying to keep this in mind. How are you doing?
Glad to hear this Jobei. Congrats on getting through that rough patch. Rooting for you