Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 7

Old 03-06-2016, 11:55 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Look what I came up with for Cococo: Coł

Coł will be sorry she missed out on the Feb's Sunday discussion!
Ha I'm impressed! Love it. How'd you do that?

It looks as though everybody was gas bagging away yesterday alright. I love a good old gas bag. I was too busy feeling sorry for myself like a widdle toddler who wasn't allowed a lolly.

I only have time to really skip read tonight as its getting late and I had a full on busy day and afternoon/early evening with my darling boy. But OOTT cleverness stood out, so I felt compelled to reply.

I'm finishing day 6.

Hope everybody has a lovely day/evening.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:12 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 6 coco. You are nearly at a week! Well done
I'm gearing up for a busy 4 days of work so won't be on here as much, but keep going everyone!
Old 03-07-2016, 12:26 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Hey CO3 is back :-)) OOTT how did you get the three to be so small
Old 03-07-2016, 12:32 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
Lmao OOTT. I literally LOL
Ha ha it does the same to me.Well done cute for 16 days

Great avatar Clownbaby. Welcome back.

Everyone was mega chatty last night. I am glad we are all getting to really know each other. Turning into proper online friends. :-)

Day has just started and I am off to an AA meeting. I need it

Speak later
Old 03-07-2016, 12:33 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Cococo do you fancy still doing access tracker??
Where's OT?
Old 03-07-2016, 12:38 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Right. I mean business now. Just weighed myself for the first time in three months. I have put on 7 pounds. Not a happy bunny. I am going to get rid of this three months from now. This is my next plan

Gonna eat watermelon if I have a craving during the week. But will eat what I want on weekends

JL are we doing the treadmill today?
Old 03-07-2016, 12:48 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
That's me, as well, Lee. That is what makes this quit the final quit, for me. I have finally acknowledged that I will not/can not drink in moderation for very long. It starts with a glass of wine with dinner and nothing for a few days or weeks but eventually it turns into small amounts of daily consumption and eventually I'm out of control, again. In some ways I think it's easier this time. The question of to drink or not to drink is simply, no longer on the table. Drinking is no longer an option. I took Dee's advice and made a plan, it's still a work in progress. No matter my triggers, no matter what life throws at me, drinking is not an option. Welcome to the class of Februdoodles!
Right there with you Auggie. This sounds just like the place I'm in--I'd quit for a while, then reintroduce it slowly and responsibly at first for a period of time before rapidly spiraling out of control once again. I agree that with drinking completely off the table, the idea of not drinking is easier in one way. In another way, I find it harder to accept now that the decision to not drink is unconditional. This is where meetings come in, and SR
Old 03-07-2016, 12:56 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SansaS View Post
Gardengal! I never got a chance to respond to you X
Sorry to hear about your nasty neighbors. That would really upset me. I love that my home is my sanctuary. We have a lot of natives here but I tend to go for the more cottage garden style exotics. My husband loves natives. We have lots of mountain ash trees and grevillea.
There was also heaps of hydrangeas, rhododendrons and ferns already established when we bought it.
I'm really just learning but enjoying it a lot. I tend to always be drawn towards magnolias. I think they are stunning!
Nice to see some other gardeners in this class. I don't have a lot of space but I keep what would best be called an indoor garden. I love how working with plants helps me take the focus off of my problems.
Old 03-07-2016, 01:16 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leezer View Post
I really do think this time is it for me. When I am honest, over the years on SR, I never REALLY believed that I would not be able to drink in moderation one day. Now, 4 years after I started the real fight (I almost had one year at a point), I have learned that this has got to be my life.

I've been beating myself up a little today about regrets regrets and why I hit myself against a wall so many times. I could write a book on how to quit drinking, but I never wanted to apply it to myself. This time I know. It finally sank in.
Nice to meet you Lee. Totally relate to this. So glad that lightbulb turned on
Old 03-07-2016, 02:07 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Class not access
Old 03-07-2016, 02:09 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ItsViolet View Post
Right there with you Auggie. This sounds just like the place I'm in--I'd quit for a while, then reintroduce it slowly and responsibly at first for a period of time before rapidly spiraling out of control once again. I agree that with drinking completely off the table, the idea of not drinking is easier in one way. In another way, I find it harder to accept now that the decision to not drink is unconditional. This is where meetings come in, and SR
Sounds like me. I am still romanticized the idea that I coukd possibly have a few drinks then go back to abstinence. But I am a fool
Old 03-07-2016, 02:24 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Argh typos
Old 03-07-2016, 03:32 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Wrote down a list to try to get to today. Wife and 7 yr old up. About to go for the day. I have 2 1/2 yr old on Mondays when I'm off ( told y'all I could never get to a meeting lol).
Beautiful day I think. I'm gonna stay in sack til little guy wakes up. If I get to stay in bed a bit it's a real treat.
Groceries on the list. It's day 14 and snacks are still taking place of cravings so I'm gonna pile up. I don't give a hoot, because I'm always reading that the first 30 days is the worst. I wouldn't know honestly because I only got stopped drinking once, 2 yrs ago.
I clearly remember the slow reintroduction of alcohol and how nonchalant I feel about it. I'll keep that clear.
I'm planning on a lot today. Hope I get stuff done .
OMG ! 14 days !!
Knb treadmill is on the books today.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:36 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

JL 14 days is astounding. Every day is a miracle!!! Every day
Old 03-07-2016, 03:55 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Getting ready to start my looooong work week but wanted to check in. Phew, so much to read, I don't think I'll ever catch up!!!

I had a beautiful day with my granddaughters yesterday! What do you think 3 females decided to do? SHOP! They both picked out "party" dresses for Easter and their birthdays. I can't believe they're shopping in the jr.'s section. They're only 9 and 11 but are almost as tall as me, 5'7"! But then we had to make a trip to Toys R Us, LOL! Yeah, they're still little girls :-)

Well off to my Day 8 and a stressful day. I have to finish up a presentation for Thursday to upper management and it HAS to be good, so, wish me luck.

I'll check in later today and see if I can catch up....
Old 03-07-2016, 03:59 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Good luck optimist . I love Toys r us!
Old 03-07-2016, 04:12 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just a quick pass through in a stolen moment,. Hope everyones doing ok

D
Old 03-07-2016, 05:07 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

The news reported that ten area restaurants just closed; without my booze money they went broke . . . just kidding! It is nice having more green in my pocket and more brain cells in my head. I for one pledge another week with no drinks.
Old 03-07-2016, 05:34 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Good morning! I love the februdoodles thing!

Day 29. Had a busy weekend and apparently a TON of catching up to do.

Knb- glad you're back and doing well.

Co3- sorry if you felt overlooked. I only have brief moments after work and on weekends to check in. Most of the time I'm on, is when you're asleep!! Hope you are okay and feeling better.

Jl- you're doing great, keep it up... Happy two weeks!!!

Jobei- don't give in. I learned with panic, that fearing it made it occur more Often and more intense. Try not to fear the urge and when you do, surf it out, it will pass quicker than our minds make it seem (eternity).

Welcome to all the new names!

Sorry for your loss Dee.

Good morning auggie, garden, safeansound, OT, OOTT.

Sure I missed people, very behind, but not intentional!
Old 03-07-2016, 05:52 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ItsViolet View Post
Nice to see some other gardeners in this class. I don't have a lot of space but I keep what would best be called an indoor garden. I love how working with plants helps me take the focus off of my problems.
In about a week or so you gardeners will get to hear my tales of woe as I, once again, plant the sacrificial seeds of spring. I skipped it last year but the year before that I out-did all the previous years plantings. I put in a 9ft x 42ft (2.7m x 12.8m) vegetable garden in my backyard. Chalk it up to poor soil and deer, I produced one sorry cantaloupe and a bit of cilantro.

This year will be different. I spent last year enriching the soil and plan to get a soil tester to see what additional nutrients are needed and trying out dried deer blood stakes. (If the deer blood stakes don't work I may just have to make it deer steaks!)