Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 7

Old 03-06-2016, 05:48 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jobei View Post
This is true but for my own sake I am going to limit exposure as much as possible.
I lie to all the other "real men" at the road dept I work for.
" yea I tossed back couple a' beers over the weekend. A lot of them drink. A LOT.
I'll talk more about my job choices on a different day. If we continue to all get to know each other I can provide some REALLY unique insight on a few things. Oooo I got secrets, to be sure. Not relationship stuff. My wife and I are putting each other through the ringer at present, but it'll pass, and one day well be gracious to one another again. Long road.
Old 03-06-2016, 05:57 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
Lmao OOTT. I literally LOL
That is funny !!!
Welcome Leezer and Clownbaby !
Old 03-06-2016, 06:07 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  

About to call it a night. Ate a big dinner. Got kids baths, did all the weeks laundry ( (sucks mega- butt doing it sober), now cleaned up and about to flop out for the night.
Got my 4wlr out from under the house to start working on tomorrow. I'm no mechanic so it's gonna take a while. Got to replace a joint that's broken and sucking air into the fuel system. Doesn't really run, it just kind of coughs sickly like schlep-car from the "wonder bug" kids show - late 70s early 80s ( cough cough).

Anyway, will waken to DAY 14. Each day is a milestone for me, it feels like. This is so hard, and I hope, rewarding as I'll get to live my life instead of suffering through it from a painful choice.
If we didn't drink today, then that day was a gift. I'm thankful, and I love you guys. Y'all help keep an old USMC veteran, daddy, 2 job worker, ( struggling husband),
Straight, and I appreciate y'all.
You all
You'uns
Youse guys.
Hell , I don't know !! Lol
Old 03-06-2016, 06:16 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Originally Posted by Clownbaby View Post
.so I'm practically 1 week in. The hard part (for me) is over.
Good to hear from you Clownbaby. Glad to hear that first week is over. Nice work on that!
Old 03-06-2016, 06:18 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Good night JL. That was a beautiful post. I'm turning in also. Wishing sweet dreams to all the doodles on this side of the world and a beautiful afternoon to the ones on the other side of the world.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:19 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  
Nature Lover & Plantoholic

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
I never got a DUI, but god knows I should have yrs back. Stopped driving UI when my first child came along.
I ran like hell a few times and escaped. What an idiot I was.
For the non Yanks, "slammer" is jail, and I don't know about where y'all* are from, but in the US, it's a really f-ing scary place, even as a female. I don't dare imagine what it could be, as a male. I could write an entire novel on my night there, but I don't think I will, unless I can think of a REALLY good pen name.

As a type 1 diabetic who was taken away from her insulin, it made things even worse. But I survived, and the toughest broad [= "lady"] in the cell even hugged me at the end. The Higher Power works in mysterious ways? [Or maybe I'm scarier than I think. LOL]

*Auggie, my dad was a Texan.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:22 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

We appreciate you as well JL2004 have a good hard earned rest my friend!
Old 03-06-2016, 06:24 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Love you too, JL.

In a macho sort of way of course!
Old 03-06-2016, 06:25 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  

GG that sounds awful... Jail seems like just about the worst place in the world ice always had a fear of it, guess I've been lucky to never have been put in one, so many of my friends have.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:28 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  
Nature Lover & Plantoholic

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Got my 4wlr out from under the house to start working on tomorrow.
JL, I drive an FJ, 1st year model back out, now gone again. I will die before they make me drive anything but a [4WD] stick shift!! [my EuroDH drives an electric -- it's all good!] **hugs** Thank you for being a Veteran!!!
Old 03-06-2016, 07:00 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GardenGal View Post
I'm on an acre, but I'm not sure if our acre is the same as yours? Crazy US measurements… Mine is only about half landscaped, the rest wild. Little by little I will get there, but I don't want to be too overwhelmed. What used to be my 'great escape' [gardening] has turned into something of a chore. I need to re-wire my thinking into looking at it more positively, as I have in the past. Another problem is the neighbors here… they make being outside a much less favorable experience than at my old place. They make a sh*t ton of noise, daily. This used to be a rural area, but it no longer is -- they're not very up to speed. Putting up a massive fence recently has helped, YES! Anyhoo, rather than get all angry and drink [while gardening - not super safe], I just decide to go do something else when they act up. It still sucks, though! Do you grow many Aussie native plants? Another Australian botanist that I know here in CA asks me "WHY do you grow those weeds?" LOL. Your native birds thrive on them, so why grow anything else over there? I wanted to study botany at Uni, but my dad didn't think I'd ever find a decent job.
Gardengal! I never got a chance to respond to you X
Sorry to hear about your nasty neighbors. That would really upset me. I love that my home is my sanctuary. We have a lot of natives here but I tend to go for the more cottage garden style exotics. My husband loves natives. We have lots of mountain ash trees and grevillea.
There was also heaps of hydrangeas, rhododendrons and ferns already established when we bought it.
I'm really just learning but enjoying it a lot. I tend to always be drawn towards magnolias. I think they are stunning!
Old 03-06-2016, 07:06 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
I was in a relationship once and the man violated my privacy. He read my private journals and then confronted me with something I had written a full year prior to meeting him! I used to write daily, but quit writing completely when that happened. Before I left him, he went through my computer trying to dig up some kind of dirt. It was really difficult to learn to trust again. My current BF has access to my passwords. I have folders marked personal and he would never open them. He has access to my email and social sites but would never violate my privacy. I think picking up journaling again would be a good idea for me. This is a big cooking day. Homemade dog food, chili relleno and chick pea masala dinners. I make a bunch and put them in the freezer. The only thing left are chocolate orange cookies. It's a new recipe, I'll let ya'll know how they turn out. Peace, doodles.
Ooohh i'd love to know your chickpea masala recipe please auggie?
Old 03-06-2016, 07:14 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Coco-how are you doing?
Old 03-06-2016, 07:39 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Hello all. Just checking in. Day 32. Have a good evening
Old 03-06-2016, 07:42 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Auggie View Post

I was in a relationship once and the man violated my privacy. He read my private journals and then confronted me with something I had written a full year prior to meeting him! I used to write daily, but quit writing completely when that happened. Before I left him, he went through my computer trying to dig up some kind of dirt. It was really difficult to learn to trust again. My current BF has access to my passwords. I have folders marked personal and he would never open them. He has access to my email and social sites but would never violate my privacy. I think picking up journaling again would be a good idea for me.

This is a big cooking day. Homemade dog food, chili relleno and chick pea masala dinners. I make a bunch and put them in the freezer. The only thing left are chocolate orange cookies. It's a new recipe, I'll let ya'll know how they turn out.

Peace, doodles.
Really struggling with this right now. The snooping has been more than I could imagine. Long relationship, no cheating on my part or anything even close to it. Would love to be in oblivion.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:07 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Hey everybody, me again. I just wanted to share that I am getting my recycling out in a timely and adult manner, and for once I'm not staggering down the driveway drunk at 2:00 a.m. dragging the recycling bins.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:13 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Badger07 View Post
Hello all. Just checking in. Day 32. Have a good evening
Congrats badger!! Inspires me thank you for that!
Old 03-06-2016, 08:18 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sadie1 View Post
Really struggling with this right now. The snooping has been more than I could imagine. Long relationship, no cheating on my part or anything even close to it. Would love to be in oblivion.
I used to be very jealous in my relationships, it took me time to realize that if you go looking you will find. Even if it's nothing your brain will warp it into something. It was all rooted in my own insecurity. I'm sorry you have to deal with that.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:54 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Hey everybody, me again. I just wanted to share that I am getting my recycling out in a timely and adult manner, and for once I'm not staggering down the driveway drunk at 2:00 a.m. dragging the recycling bins.
I am proud of you OOTT. That made me laugh. Been there done that.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:47 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Evening doodles! Finishing up 3 weeks tonight 😊shew lots of reading catching up! I realized I missed a few people like a day or two ago. My apologies, going back and forth between phone and computer I miss stuff.

Thank you guys for all the chuckles tonight. Got two fantastic meetings in this weekend today. Have a great sleep and thank you all for my sobriety! This class means the world to me 💞