Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 6

Old 03-03-2016, 12:22 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Morning all! I'm volunteering this morning and then leaving early to go to the detox center. They might be able to do something to help me with these cravings, even if it's just a bit of advice or a point in a different direction. I'll let you guys know how I get on. When I signed up for it the guy told me that a lot of people think they don't need it after a short period of sobriety and they go on to relapse!

safeandsound - It's great that you're making the most of your sobriety. I signed up for a morning college course while I was still drinking, I attended twice and then dropped out! Drinking really controls us, I'm glad you're getting that control back.

Lolipa - Congrats on Day 5!

Delizadee - I am spending all my money on food right now, I need to reign myself in slightly but at least I'm spending less money than I would have on booze. You're in early recovery, you can be sensible later! Have more confidence in yourself and focus on the positives - you're still sober, that's brilliant! Don't undermine that!!
Old 03-03-2016, 01:51 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Early on Day 30.
Old 03-03-2016, 02:00 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 30 OOTT.

D
Old 03-03-2016, 02:10 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Well done on day 30 hun! xx
Old 03-03-2016, 02:33 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your thirty days OOTT! That must be a wonderful feeling.
I'm trying not to get totally overwhelmed, but I am. I have so much going on at work and at home. We are moving this weekend, I'm going to be in a class away from home for three days next week, and my job is crazy, there is no way I can do everything I need to do every day. I'm not getting any time to go to meetings or work on my recovery. I don't know what I can do other than pray about it and do as much as I can each day. That still leaves so much undone, though. I woke up at 4 am worried about it, then finally just got up. I need prayers!
I hate to see some of our members have gone missing. I'm going to send them a note. I've still been checking in and reading every day, I just don't always post because it's always the same old story, I'm grateful that I'm not drinking but just have way too much to do and am not enjoying life right now at all.
Old 03-03-2016, 03:07 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

((((Karen)))) xxx
Old 03-03-2016, 03:36 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Congrats and good luck thoughts for you OT !!

also congrats on 30 OOTT !

Today I made 10 days. Unbelievable.
Old 03-03-2016, 03:48 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OldTomato View Post
Morning all! I'm volunteering this morning and then leaving early to go to the detox center. They might be able to do something to help me with these cravings, even if it's just a bit of advice or a point in a different direction. I'll let you guys know how I get on. When I signed up for it the guy told me that a lot of people think they don't need it after a short period of sobriety and they go on to relapse!
So glad you're following through OT!
Old 03-03-2016, 03:56 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

So, Day 5 is here and while any hint of withdrawl is gone, my throat is on fire. I'm going to be gargling salt water today so I can go visit 2 of my grandchildren this weekend. I may have to make a trip to urgent care for a script if this stuff doesn't improve today.

I'm looking forward to having over a week sober when I return! There is definitely something that clicked this time...could be I've been too sick to leave the house and shop! Either way, I'm in a good place today :-)
Old 03-03-2016, 03:58 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post

Great job, JL
Old 03-03-2016, 03:59 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Early on Day 30.
Old 03-03-2016, 04:03 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Congrats and good luck thoughts for you OT !!

also congrats on 30 OOTT !

Great job, JL and Optimist. It's getting better for all of us!
Old 03-03-2016, 04:04 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KarenOskie View Post
Congratulations on your thirty days OOTT! That must be a wonderful feeling.
I'm trying not to get totally overwhelmed, but I am. I have so much going on at work and at home. We are moving this weekend, I'm going to be in a class away from home for three days next week, and my job is crazy, there is no way I can do everything I need to do every day. I'm not getting any time to go to meetings or work on my recovery. I don't know what I can do other than pray about it and do as much as I can each day. That still leaves so much undone, though. I woke up at 4 am worried about it, then finally just got up. I need prayers!
I hate to see some of our members have gone missing. I'm going to send them a note. I've still been checking in and reading every day, I just don't always post because it's always the same old story, I'm grateful that I'm not drinking but just have way too much to do and am not enjoying life right now at all.
Prayers on the way, Karen <3

You can do this! Just do your best to prioritize and accept that some things will not get done. Pray and stay in touch with SR at the minimum :-)
Old 03-03-2016, 04:39 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Optimist I'm seeing the results of the weakened immune system too.
I hope you get to feeling better soon.
I'm feeling really strong sweets cravings past 2 days. Lot of crackers and chocolate cookies . I'm gonna get fatter, but I'm not getting drunk.
Thankful to be sober with y'all !!!
Old 03-03-2016, 04:40 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Thank you, Dee, Karen, and spadge
Old 03-03-2016, 04:41 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Optimist4ever57 View Post
Prayers on the way, Karen <3

You can do this! Just do your best to prioritize and accept that some things will not get done. Pray and stay in touch with SR at the minimum :-)
Praying for you Karen.
Strength and peace, please Lord.
Old 03-03-2016, 04:58 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear you're feeling down, Karen.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:19 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Great work Knb02. OOTT--fantastic. Every time one of us makes a milestone, all of us make a milestone. This class has serious momentum. SR is the greatest!
Old 03-03-2016, 05:21 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jobei View Post
Good news!! It's a cyst and nothing worse. Thank the maker!! I appreciate all your support... I was really scared. I must admit as soon as I found out I thought about a drink to celebrate, partially because I got such an adrenaline rush I was way up. I thought about what that drink would do to me and also about you guys... no thanks, not today. I'm going to be sober for me. For that scared person inside of me, I'm not going to hurt him anymore. Thank you for all your kind words they mean so much to me. I hope everyone is hanging tough today, 8 days for me and I don't think I could have done it without you guys...
Yay!!!! I'm so glad for you.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:26 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Day 9 down. I had started with the day I quit drinking instead of the first day without alcohol, and that's not fair all the ppl that fight like all get out to get through a day. Tomorrow will be double digit.
Been 2 yrs. There's a God out there folks, a higher power, however you identify it personally. There's NO way I can do this on my own. Absolutely no way.
I feel EXACTLY the same way. God has got me to 25 days and I think it really is forever. Keep it up! Great job.