Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 6

Old 03-02-2016, 04:17 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delizadee View Post
I want a drink so bad. I tried doing some step work today, pulled out my gratitude list, exercised, went and bought a few groceries. I seem to just be wasting every day. I miss my kids so terribly. I want to be back at my farm. I feel like I'm drowning in sadness. I'm broke with no job. I just feel like giving up. Blaaaah.
Stay strong Delizadee. Jobei is right. Going back to alcohol will only exacerbate the the problem in the long run. You know that to be true. It is very difficult to "embrace the suck" but it is the only way. I am struggling too. I keep thinking I can sneak off and drink and no one will be the wiser. But it is not a long lived solution. I feel that I sell a little piece of my soul every time I drink because I know its a problem and I know how it affects those around me. So I embrace the suck. I come here every day to commit to my fellow brothers and sisters that I will not drink today.

Get sober. Get your job back. Get your kids back. Lots of support here.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:18 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Delizadee - I know how you feel. I've had more than a few moments like that since I quit drinking. But when I stop to think about it, I had more than a few moments like that when I was drinking. And not once, not one single time, did alcohol ever make my situation better. The temporary respite from the negative feelings does exactly the opposite. It keeps us in a situation we don't want to be in or makes the situation worse. Don't give up. Stay with us.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:21 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Excellent news Jobei!!!!!
Old 03-02-2016, 04:23 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jobei View Post
Good news!! It's a cyst and nothing worse. Thank the maker!! I appreciate all your support... I was really scared. I must admit as soon as I found out I thought about a drink to celebrate, partially because I got such an adrenaline rush I was way up. I thought about what that drink would do to me and also about you guys... no thanks, not today. I'm going to be sober for me. For that scared person inside of me, I'm not going to hurt him anymore. Thank you for all your kind words they mean so much to me. I hope everyone is hanging tough today, 8 days for me and I don't think I could have done it without you guys...
Woo HOOO ! Good news, man !!
Old 03-02-2016, 04:25 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, I appreciate what you said. I know my problems seem under control, but lack of sleep is catching up with me, and when I'm tired, I make bad decisions (like deciding to drink.)

I'm coming up on a milestone tomorrow: 30 days. I am really happy about how things are going for everyone here. I've posted this before, and I really mean it---there is no way I could have done this without everyone here at SR, and especially the Feb Class. Thank you.

I will probably need to have a more thought out plan to maintain sobriety, especially this summer. Right now I'm really busy at work (the secretary melt down continues, and she hasn't come back to work yet.)

SR probably saved my career because there is no way I could have dealt with the additional work if I hadn't been sober during this work crisis. I would have either been hung over or gone too much of the time if I hadn't joined SR and gotten sober.

Timing is everything. Everything happens for a reason. Things work out if you do your part.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:25 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Good going Jobei
Old 03-02-2016, 04:26 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Great news, jobei. I never commented directly, but I was thinking about your appointment and I was worried about you.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:28 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Delizadee View Post
I want a drink so bad. I tried doing some step work today, pulled out my gratitude list, exercised, went and bought a few groceries. I seem to just be wasting every day. I miss my kids so terribly. I want to be back at my farm. I feel like I'm drowning in sadness. I'm broke with no job. I just feel like giving up. Blaaaah.

I'm sorry you're so down Ddee but I agree with the others here - you have to have faith the recovery is the way forward for you.

Going back to drinking is simply going back to the things that bought you here in the first place.

It takes a little while to repair our lives but the only real chance we have of doing that is staying sober

D
Old 03-02-2016, 04:29 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Hey Del,
Please don't drink ! Like badger said it'll only skazasserbate the problem!
That's not what he said but dammit it'll probably do that too !
Things WILL. Be different soon, I promise . Also I'm just not in the same exact spot you're in, so my times gonna come and I'm gonna be TOTALLY Wah-burger, and French cries, so you are really doing great just by staying sober . It sucks and it's hard and we love ya here in our group. Hug yourself ! NOW.....
Old 03-02-2016, 04:30 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by GardenGal View Post
Oh dear God, there's something wrong with the Campral supply in the USA. I now have to call all around to see if any pharmacy has some on the shelves, but in the worst case, I'd have to switch to Naltrexone?? Which from what I've read, I don't want to do [seems you have to actually drink to have an effect?]. If any of you know of some good threads about this, please post while I spend the rest of the day on the phone [?].

Clearly alcoholism is a HUGE problem in this country, if the supply doesn't meet the demand. Oy.
I have no experience with Naltrexone, but I've seen threads about it. It can be used as part of an abstinent approach.

Again you'd need to speak to your Dr is now if that's a viable option for you, and I assume you have

D
Old 03-02-2016, 04:34 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Day 9 down. I had started with the day I quit drinking instead of the first day without alcohol, and that's not fair all the ppl that fight like all get out to get through a day. Tomorrow will be double digit.
Been 2 yrs. There's a God out there folks, a higher power, however you identify it personally. There's NO way I can do this on my own. Absolutely no way.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:37 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Nature Lover & Plantoholic

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Which is why its best not to engage it at all. Let it throw a tantrum and tire itself out )

I'm glad you're thinking clearly OT. You've come a long way from a few weeks ago when you were really ill. Don't listen to that AV

good to see you Max

congrats mel - and congrats to everyone who's celebrating a milestone today [luv ya lots, that's why I always thank you]
D
Dee, you quoted me earlier, yet you tried to help OldTomato. I know you must have thousands of people to deal with, but I just wanted to call you out.

GG… OT… gosh, it also makes my head spin. Hope they pay you well!! [love your posts, that's why I always thank you]
Old 03-02-2016, 04:55 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  
Nature Lover & Plantoholic

Originally Posted by GardenGal View Post
Dee, you quoted me earlier, yet you tried to help OldTomato. I know you must have thousands of people to deal with, but I just wanted to call you out.

GG… OT… gosh, it also makes my head spin. Hope they pay you well!! [love your posts, that's why I always thank you]
edit: I should admit at this point to being married to a [northern, Germanic] European with no US citizenship, while [whilst, heh] my family came to the US continent a few years after its initial 'discovery', by said people. [= a LONG time ago]

Life ain't easy, in this sort of union.Trust me on that.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:40 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I had to be pretty brutal about that.

I had to accept the past was gone, done and dusted and there was nothing I could do about that, not matter how much I wanted to change things.

There's an enormous amount we can do with a new day tho. I tried to focus on that. I tried to make my actions serve as a kind of living amends for what had gone before.

Focusing on each new day helped me to move on from where I used to be to where I wanted to be

D
Thank you, D.

This is EXACTLY what I needed to hear today.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:44 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Originally Posted by kittycat3 View Post
not one person said a thing about or questioned me on why I wasn't drinking booze. . . .I am confident after the HH success that tonight will be easy. It feels SO good to stick to the commitment I've made to sobriety.
Hi kittycat - Your news sounds huge to me. Good work!!
Old 03-02-2016, 05:45 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Jobei,

Sorry Im just catching up on many posts. Im so glad its just a cyst! Praise the Lord, for sure! I had a bout with cancer when I was a young mother. The torment that put me through was unbelievable. My docs back then were not as good as the ones today. I had to have the biopsy, and waited 2 weeks to hear anything. I was on pins and needles the whole time. It actually was stage one cancer, and was removed. I had follow up check ups for 18 years. That experience rocked my world, as I thought I would never see my son grow up. He was only 3 at that time. Im so happy for you. Thats the best news I have heard all day! I think many people sympathize with health scares, and Im not a hypochondriac by any means, but I can identify with your concerns. I dreaded the worst, and it was bad, but not as bad as it could have been. God is good.

I hope you continue on with this good news, and your recovery.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:46 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Originally Posted by jobei View Post
Good news!! It's a cyst and nothing worse. Thank the maker!!
Yes!!! Thanks for letting us know the good results, jobei.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:47 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Hey Del,
Please don't drink ! Like badger said it'll only skazasserbate the problem!
That's not what he said but dammit it'll probably do that too !
Things WILL. Be different soon, I promise . Also I'm just not in the same exact spot you're in, so my times gonna come and I'm gonna be TOTALLY Wah-burger, and French cries, so you are really doing great just by staying sober . It sucks and it's hard and we love ya here in our group. Hug yourself ! NOW.....
This cracked me up. Thanks for the love guys
Old 03-02-2016, 06:03 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Checking in with the fabulous February class. Looks like we are all staying tough dealing with life's ups and downs and the dreaded AV. Lets keep taking baby steps(today I am not going to drink)and we will have some serious sober time behind us.
Old 03-02-2016, 06:07 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Yay, jobei!! So happy to hear that.