Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Thread Part One

Old 03-01-2016, 03:59 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Let's roll

On day three , kicking off a 90 fitness challenge today .
Old 03-01-2016, 05:18 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Well the Day is now done. Im still sober. So great to see so many wonderful people in Class of March. Im excited for our journey together. Sweet dreams lovelies...see you in the morning xxx
Old 03-01-2016, 05:53 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I would like to join. I have been a part of other classes but failed and am doing things different now. I go to daily AA meetings and have a sponsor. I have had so very many negative consequences from my drinking. I am on day 11. Looking forward to meeting everyone!! Let's make March our month. My family, kids, and myself need a new way of life and no more set backs. This disease is progressive and each set back comes with worse and worse consequences for me lately.

Lilly
Old 03-01-2016, 07:04 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Checking in here, was posting in February too with a set back Sunday.

Hello, all. Hoping and praying that this is my month.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:05 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Didn't drink yesterday, and though I ate a bunch of junk through the night to stay in caloric surplus (I'm skinny and emaciated from drinking meals), I didn't black out on the couch and spill a beer on my laptop. I used to do this regularly, and got very expensive.

A good friend of 20 years is also taking a break, so she should be a good person to hang out with. She's more of a 1-2 drinks a week type person, and never drinks when she knows I'm on the wagon, so that will be a positive.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:15 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

It's my parent's birthday (coincidentally), and they are both alcoholics. Going to get a small tattoo on my forearm maybe. Not like I'm going to forget... maybe the tattoo is too much.

Once I'm done on here, I'll be working. I've been starting work after noon when I'm drinking, and barely afloat. 8:30am is much better. My outlook toward the day is so much brighter. I need to remind myself of this each and every morning. Tonight and tomorrow night will be a fight, and I'm going to win.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:46 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Welcome everyone. One day at a time, remember that. AA has made a world of difference for me. Like this website, people there really get it. It is so frustrating how my family and friends really don't. It's not their fault but just is what it is. Stay strong today!!!

Lilly
Old 03-01-2016, 07:47 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sobersolstice View Post
It's my parent's birthday (coincidentally), and they are both alcoholics. Going to get a small tattoo on my forearm maybe. Not like I'm going to forget... maybe the tattoo is too much.

Once I'm done on here, I'll be working. I've been starting work after noon when I'm drinking, and barely afloat. 8:30am is much better. My outlook toward the day is so much brighter. I need to remind myself of this each and every morning. Tonight and tomorrow night will be a fight, and I'm going to win.
My Dad is a total alcoholic too!!! My goal is to make the changes he never did.

Lilly
Old 03-01-2016, 07:49 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

March 1st.....nice. Time for some spring cleaning and spring cleansing.

Count me in.

All is well! Have a nice day gang!
Old 03-01-2016, 08:31 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

Spring cleaning sounds like a good idea, Neverthought, but it's snowing here today, so may tomorrow.

LostLilly, yes, we do get it! You can make this the day that changes your life.

Applekat & Mish, have a great day!

TodayIWin, What does your 90 day fitness challenge consist of?
Old 03-01-2016, 08:32 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I am starting over. Today is day 1. (March 1st, 2016) I was previously in the November 2015 class & was sober for over 2 months and feeling so much better until I drank again. :-(

Since then I have been going out to bars & drinking heavily every few nights. I drank yesterday from 1:30 in the afternoon until 10:00 at night on an empty stomach.

I lied to my husband & kids about where I was all day (they aren't stupid...they knew I was drinking). I smoked a pack of cigarettes (I only smoke when I drink) and now my lungs hurt.

I snuck out of the bar so I didn't have to pay my tab. I drove home drunk & barely remember it. I'm so lucky I didn't get pulled over or kill someone!!! I'm so ashamed!

When I got home I went up to lay down in my bed & vomited all over the place. Our bedroom smelled so bad until I cleaned it this morning.

I feel so hungover, exhausted, full of shame, guilt, anxiety, depression, hopelessness, fear & self-hatred. I've also gained so much & can't even look in the mirror anymore. I've also put us in debt!

I desperately want to get off this merry go round to hell! I am sick & tired of being sick and tired! I am killing myself & hurting everyone around me. I am recommitting today & I can use all the positive support I can get.

I want to stay sober. I am willing to go to any length. I'm ready for action which includes checking in here daily, going back to AA for face to face support, working the 12 steps with a sponsor, daily exercise & not drinking 24 hours at a time.

As I am typing this I am in an extremely dark place. One sober day at a time I pray my life gets better.

Thx for reading. :-)
Old 03-01-2016, 09:01 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Good Morning, I was in February class but slipped up.

Its the start of day 1 again.

I cant post a lot today as Ive got a major toilet sewer pipe problem at home to still sort out. Ive got tradies and the council coming over.

I wish everybody a sober day.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:15 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cococo View Post
Good Morning, I was in February class but slipped up. Its the start of day 1 again. I cant post a lot today as Ive got a major toilet sewer pipe problem at home to still sort out. Ive got tradies and the council coming over. I wish everybody a sober day.
Hi Cococo. I'm starting over today too. I was in the November class. One day at a time we can do this! :-)
Old 03-01-2016, 09:17 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Hi everyone, I am starting over. Today is day 1. (March 1st, 2016) I was previously in the November 2015 class & was sober for over 2 months and feeling so much better until I drank again. :-( Since then I have been going out to bars & drinking heavily every few nights. I drank yesterday from 1:30 in the afternoon until 10:00 at night on an empty stomach. I lied to my husband & kids about where I was all day (they aren't stupid...they knew I was drinking). I smoked a pack of cigarettes (I only smoke when I drink) and now my lungs hurt. I snuck out of the bar so I didn't have to pay my tab. I drove home drunk & barely remember it. I'm so lucky I didn't get pulled over or kill someone!!! I'm so ashamed! When I got home I went up to lay down in my bed & vomited all over the place. Our bedroom smelled so bad until I cleaned it this morning. I feel so hungover, exhausted, full of shame, guilt, anxiety, depression, hopelessness, fear & self-hatred. I've also gained so much & can't even look in the mirror anymore. I've also put us in debt! I desperately want to get off this merry go round to hell! I am sick & tired of being sick and tired! I am killing myself & hurting everyone around me. I am recommitting today & I can use all the positive support I can get. I want to stay sober. I am willing to go to any length. I'm ready for action which includes checking in here daily, going back to AA for face to face support, working the 12 steps with a sponsor, daily exercise & not drinking 24 hours at a time. As I am typing this I am in an extremely dark place. One sober day at a time I pray my life gets better. Thx for reading. :-)
Good for you. Some people, myself included, needed to experience hell before waking up. Needed a real slap in the face.

I quit so I'll NEVER experience what I went through again. Screw that. Nooo thank you!

Sometimes it's ODAAT, and others it's One Minute At A Time. That's all it takes. You've been there and done that. You know it works. Just push through.

Embrace the suck. Let those feelings be what drives your quit. You wouldn't be feeling ANY of those feelings if you were sober. Today sucks. Tomorrow will suck. BUT....tomorrow will suck MORE if you drink today.

You'll need a different plan this time so you can continue with sobriety after months and years.

I would suggest working on lying and avoidance. Those are horrible traits put in place by your addiction.

Once I addressed those issues, my world changed. It's an on going process through therapy.

Congrats again on taking control of your life.

Quit on!
Old 03-01-2016, 09:26 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Administrator

Kiki, use those emotions to power yourself forward in your recovery. You can pull yourself out of the dark place and find your way.

Cococo, I hope you get things sorted out soon.
Old 03-01-2016, 10:00 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Day 1 right here!!!
Old 03-01-2016, 11:02 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hiya Kiki

So sorry to hear what happened. But glad to see you here......you really led the way and supported everybody so well in November.

I'll be watching out for you in March, okay? However bad it is at the moment....it will get better for ya.

All the best.
Old 03-01-2016, 11:21 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Spring cleaning sounds like a good idea, Neverthought, but it's snowing here today, so may tomorrow.

LostLilly, yes, we do get it! You can make this the day that changes your life.

Applekat & Mish, have a great day!

TodayIWin, What does your 90 day fitness challenge consist of?
Oh no, more snow? I think we are finally out of the wood with snow. And all traces are now gone from our record breaking 31.9" in the Lehigh Valley, PA.
Old 03-01-2016, 11:30 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

We are supposed to get some snow or wintry mix tonight/overnight. I think it will be the last of it. 50's next week.

I don't mind winter, but I think this year we (kids and I) are all ready for some regular outside play and fresh air.
Old 03-01-2016, 11:35 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
nmd

closing that door today

signing up to be sober starting today.

Last edited by nmd; 10-02-2023 at 10:41 AM.