Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 5

Old 02-26-2016, 11:52 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Brother of the Wolf

Still wide awake. When I close my eyes, I can't fall asleep, but when I open them, I am dead tired. I just needed to name that so that I can begin getting my head out of that space. Now, off to get a glass of water and try this sleeping thing again.
Old 02-27-2016, 12:07 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Administrator

best of luck SH

D
Old 02-27-2016, 12:08 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Hang in there SH... it will get better if you let it. I'm into day 5 now and my withdrawls are lessened. I got some very bad news from my doctor today and I'm more scared than ever. The desire to drink myself into oblivion has never been stronger than it was today. I am full of fear... but I did not drink. I am sober this moment and I am OK this moment. My daughter is here safe and sound sleeping like a baby. This must be that moment of clarity they speak of. I don't want to hurt myself anymore. I want to let it all go. I do not want to waste any of the precious time that I have with my daughter and with myself.
Old 02-27-2016, 12:37 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Morning all! Quickly checking in before I leave the house. I have breakfast with a friend this morning. Not sure if I'll make it to the lunchtime meeting, if I can I will but I'm not too bothered if I don't. I have a lot of things to do around the house today so that'll keep me sober.

Just found out that one of my regular customers was found dead. He had problems with alcohol and often came in drunk. Just goes to show that this addiction can really be deadly.

njdellis - Do you live with your boyfriend? Stay strong and don't drink over it. Like Coco said, he might be in a bad mood over something completely different.

Time2Rise - Congrats on making it through Day 19! We understand that you can't be here very often, you're busy maintaining your sobriety and that's all we want! Please update us whenever you feel like it and have time.

Sweaty - Hope you got to sleep, your sleeping will get better over time. Drunk sleep doesn't make you feel rested at all! I was just passing out each night and wondering why I still felt tired in the morning!

OOTT - I'm so relieved you made it back okay, I was worried! You were really strong, be proud!

jobei - Everything okay? We're here for you. I don't know what you're going through but drinking won't make your situation better. It doesn't make anything better. Keep focusing on those negatives of drinking.
Old 02-27-2016, 12:38 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Hi peeps

Well it's day 12 for me today! And I am so happy and content.

I've had no cravings or withdrawal symptoms. Just been drinking lots of water n black currant oh and ive got my appetite back!

Next Saturday its my daughters hen bridal shower and I will be taking my pop with me.

Great to see so many newcomers joining SR. This has been my lifeline. I hope it is yours too!

God bless and have a happy sober weekend xxx
Old 02-27-2016, 12:41 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delizadee View Post
Good luck! Stay strong... more importantly have fun!
It was interesting, to say the least. This was probably the first time I've been sober around people who were drinking, and it was shocking to see their changes in behavior, speech patterns, voice volume. My fiance was fine, but some of the other people were pretty intoxicated. Again, I've never been so grateful to be sober. I feel good, very centered, and proud that I was able to test myself in the real world and not give in.
Old 02-27-2016, 12:43 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((Jobei)))

Congratulations spadge.

Sorry about your old customer OT.

D
Old 02-27-2016, 12:54 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Nice work spadge on 12 days that's really great I know how hard it is to even manage 1 day keep it up!

Oldtomato I have some difficult health issues that my drinking most likely contributed to... certainly made me in denial about them. My living situation is bad, I live with my brother and his gf and they keep the house full of premium booze and are zero support because it threatens their drinking, his gf also dislikes everyone (trying hard to get out of here) and I'm basically at the end of my employment... by choice really, my job keeps the desire to drink high and I just can't do it anymore... I took time off this week to fight off the booze and also ran into an upper respiratory infection so I'm in no rush to go back to work except that I don't get paid for not being there and I'm almost out of money. I can get another job if I'm sober and a place to live away from this awful city. Boston, yes I said it, it's awful. The key to any of these things happening is staying sober and I'm doing it. One of my other brothers came over today and got drunk and high and played vs me in a video game for a couple hours I beat him 5 games in a row relatively easily... when I drank with him I'd lose most of the time. It's a perfect analogy of what booze does to us. I hope you have a fine day. I'm hanging close to here and with my daughter all day and I will do it sober.
Old 02-27-2016, 12:56 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really hope you can find way out of there soon Jobei

D
Old 02-27-2016, 12:56 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OldTomato View Post
Morning all! Quickly checking in before I leave the house. I have breakfast with a friend this morning. Not sure if I'll make it to the lunchtime meeting, if I can I will but I'm not too bothered if I don't. I have a lot of things to do around the house today so that'll keep me sober.

Just found out that one of my regular customers was found dead. He had problems with alcohol and often came in drunk. Just goes to show that this addiction can really be deadly.

njdellis - Do you live with your boyfriend? Stay strong and don't drink over it. Like Coco said, he might be in a bad mood over something completely different.

Time2Rise - Congrats on making it through Day 19! We understand that you can't be here very often, you're busy maintaining your sobriety and that's all we want! Please update us whenever you feel like it and have time.

Sweaty - Hope you got to sleep, your sleeping will get better over time. Drunk sleep doesn't make you feel rested at all! I was just passing out each night and wondering why I still felt tired in the morning!

OOTT - I'm so relieved you made it back okay, I was worried! You were really strong, be proud!

jobei - Everything okay? We're here for you. I don't know what you're going through but drinking won't make your situation better. It doesn't make anything better. Keep focusing on those negatives of drinking.
Sorry, OT, about your customer. I didn't realize how devastating alcohol could be until it nearly did me in. It was so gradual I didn't recognize how deep I was in, until it was almost too late.

Thank you also for worrying about me. You can't know how much I appreciate this. I know I probably shouldn't have gone out so early in my recovery, and I can understand why.... it would have been really, really easy to say yes.
Old 02-27-2016, 01:00 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

jobei, is there some kind of rooming house/small apartment living situation you can find? I know that sounds depressing, but it may be necessary to start over in a less than ideal situation to get away from your drinking brother.
Old 02-27-2016, 01:02 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

OT I know what you're saying and good work taking care of yourself and being observant of what heavy intoxication really looks like. You are doing very well keep it up I will too
Old 02-27-2016, 01:04 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Proud of you, OOTT!
Old 02-27-2016, 01:06 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

It's looking good I can likely be out by April, assuming I don't get drunk. in the meantime I'll keep to myself when they are around and use this forum for support. Thanks buddy.

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I really hope you can find way out of there soon Jobei

D
Old 02-27-2016, 01:09 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
jobei, is there some kind of rooming house/small apartment living situation you can find? I know that sounds depressing, but it may be necessary to start over in a less than ideal situation to get away from your drinking brother.
I have found a place that looks good that I should be able to get into by April 1 if I don't screw up. You're absolutely right though staying here simply will not work I know that.
Old 02-27-2016, 02:50 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Woooh. I don't post in two days and this thread is flying. Too many posts to catch up..and lots of new members?

My fifth sober weekend and bloody loving it. Went to an AA meeting last night and really enjoyed listening to other people's shares. I got my one month chip :-))

Day 33 and living the dream. Life is still up and down but I feel like I have a spiritual experience EVERY SINGLE DAY. So grateful to be sober. Its so worth it!

I love these little things that I have been doing the past 33 days:
Brushing my teeth and washing my face every day.

Clarity of thinking. I sleep with a productive thought and wake up with the same one. No interruption of self loathing etc.

Laughing and talking more with my son. Yep he sure notices that his mum is back.

Jumping in my car. Whenever! No more fear of not being able to handle an emergency

Joy! I have experienced moments of pure joy. More than I have in years. My depression is lifting

No guilt! Not one moment of guilt. If I break a cup its ok. When I broke one while drunk, I hated myself. If I spill a drink its ok. When I was drunk and spilt a drink, I hated myself. Thast all gone

Living my life exactly as I should. Priceless.
Old 02-27-2016, 02:54 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Proud of you, OOTT!
Applekat. I have been searching the cinemas for this movie called Room. I really want to see it but the times are really awkward. maybe because its an independent film? Its sounds really interesting.
There is a showing today at 3pm but I am at work....but. If its quiet I am thinking of sneaking off work early!

I would have loved to have seen the Oscars too but I think one needs to subscribe to a private channel to view it live
Old 02-27-2016, 03:28 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Yeah I think it was limited release. And one of the lowest grossing Oscar nominated best picture films. We rented it off iTunes last night. Very good. Of course the book was better as always is the case.

Little sleep last night. Low energy. Lots to do today.

Stay strong, Februarians.
Old 02-27-2016, 03:35 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Good morning class! Or whatever time it is where you are. Saturday morning here, day 5.
I slept last night
I'm clear headed, not hungover, or worse, still drunk
I made it through an awful day and night yesterday with the help of SR and my plan!
Part of me wants to charge into the day and build a to do list a mile long. But I can't, I'll get overwhelmed, under accomplished, and will just want to drink. So no more than 3 things on my list today. Simple things.
Shopping for some healthy food
Laundry
Cook at least one meal (that doesn't include a microwave) and clean up afterwards

Hope everyone is doing great and if not great, at least sober.
Old 02-27-2016, 04:40 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Jobei
I'm rooting for you !!
It is tough. Keep posting. I hear you.