Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 5

Old 02-26-2016, 06:28 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

It is the end of Day 22. And I'm really struggling tonight. For some reason it seems like every time I start trying to get sober & I start feeling happy & confident my boyfriend starts being all moody. Its almost like he's trying to stir up drama. Is he trying to push me to see if I will drink again? I don't know. I try not to let it get to me but its hard to stay positive. I really hope I make it through this weekend sober.
Old 02-26-2016, 06:29 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

nice work, Sweaty.
Old 02-26-2016, 06:35 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Sweaty Hands withdrawal blows! Bleh! It gets better, you can do it! I'm VERY lucky my drinks last week didn't throw me in withdrawals again.-

Hope you do get some sleep!

JL! You are doing better than I've seen in a long time! I'm not kidding that if you post Monday that you were sober all weekend I'm gonna cheer!!

I just love not obsessing about alcohol. Really really love it. I wish I could direct that obsession into housecleaning.

Max., hope you feel better soon. I'm sick also, more so than I've been in years. Head, throat, chest. I almost drowned myself using my Neti Pot but it really helps with congestion. And lots of wasabi; ). Gave up on the kale juice, <gag>, drinking rooibus tea. Very soothing

Previously I would down a bottle of wine even when sick. Convinced myself it was killing germs, Hah!

Great class here, stay strong all. If AV yaps, post here, tell us about it so we can help!
Old 02-26-2016, 06:52 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Kale juice. ...
Judas Christmas, Sadie ! I started coughing when I read that. Ghaack!
You are tough !
I've blasted my sinuses with a Neti-squirt type unit. Oh relief !!
This go round was just a cough and sore throat that hung around for 2-3 weeks then a non typical flu virus sprung up locally. Loaded up the Drs offices in the past few weeks I'm told.
Hope y'all get to feeling better!
I'm out. Going to bed.
Hope no juicing nightmares though!
Hugs
Old 02-26-2016, 07:36 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Good job guys! I hope you feel better soon Maximus.
Safeandsound, I started on the 21 day fix before I quit drinking. I don't really stick with the diet plan (just do my own thing, I waaay love food) and since I stuck with the exercising, quit drinking and started to eat better and more regularly I've dropped a few pounds, getting in great shape, and I feel so much better.

OOTT, you got that right. And yet still, even though I enjoy the high points of sobriety soo much I still find myself wanting a drink.
Ha, self. You've been told on.
Old 02-26-2016, 07:39 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

JL - great to youre feeling better and that youre doing so well at sobriety.

Maximus - sorry youre so ill, it sucks aye? BETADINE Throat and Oral Care is what I use for our sore throats. Im not joking, its a godsend. A friend put me on to it a few years ago, so I gave it a go. Ive never looked back. Just such a pity I didn't find out about it YEARS ago. Take care.

Njdellis - stay sober this weekend. You have been sober for 3 weeks, don't ruin it. Don't let you BF upset you. Im sure hes not being an ass to test if youll start drinking again. You might be over thunking that one. Hes probably just in a man mood, completely ignore it.

Oroszlan - if youre reading, please pop in and let us know how the big work function went. Im sure it was you who was going. I hope your still doing well.

Hello and welcome to our new classmates. Its great youre here.

Last edited by Dee74; 02-26-2016 at 07:57 PM. Reason: no commercial links pls!
Old 02-26-2016, 07:47 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Goodnight febs! Glad to see all my sober friends here tonight
Old 02-26-2016, 07:55 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Good evening everyone. I'll be finishing day 19 in roughly an hour, so I'm happy about that. I've read through a number of posts, and I see most of us are doing well. Welcome to the newcomers.

I wish I could spend a little more time here; however, I've been spending most of my time reengaging with everyday life, and when not doing that, I spend time on a series of activities I've been using to bolster my sobriety.

I'll be honest, I have a tendency to spend far too much time online, and especially spending too much time posting on various internet forums. It is a very real problem for me, so frankly, I've been limiting my time online, and that is why my posts here are infrequent. For me, it's just not a healthy endeavor.

Stay strong, stay sober and enjoy the weekend.

Peace
Old 02-26-2016, 07:55 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Hi Delizadee - great you are feeling so good and got over your wall. Ive got to lose quite a few pounds too. 1 step at a time though. Thanks for helping me yesterday by the way.

Hope you have a lovely day/evening
Old 02-26-2016, 07:58 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just a reminder guys - I know everyone's well meaning but no commercial links here thanks - it's against our rules..

If you need to do more than mention the name of something, send a PM to the person you're responding to

Dee
SR
Old 02-26-2016, 07:59 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Time2Rise View Post
Good evening everyone. I'll be finishing day 19 in roughly an hour, so I'm happy about that. I've read through a number of posts, and I see most of us are doing well. Welcome to the newcomers.

I wish I could spend a little more time here; however, I've been spending most of my time reengaging with everyday life, and when not doing that, I spend time on a series of activities I've been using to ensure my sobriety.

I'll be honest, I have a tendency to spend far too much time online, and especially spending too much time posting on various internet forums. It is a very real problem for me, so frankly, I've been limiting my time online.

Stay strong everyone and enjoy your weekend.

Peace
Hi T2R

We understand, you don't need to post all day everyday in here if you don't want to. Actually, Ive got a GF who addicted to message boards and forums, she disengaged from real life and is completely absorbed by it now. So yeah, it can be a problem so some people. That's great to hear you are spending less time online and engaging in the real world.
Old 02-26-2016, 08:26 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cococo View Post
Hi T2R

We understand, you don't need to post all day everyday in here if you don't want to. Actually, Ive got a GF who addicted to message boards and forums, she disengaged from real life and is completely absorbed by it now. So yeah, it can be a problem so some people. That's great to hear you are spending less time online and engaging in the real world.
Thanks Cococo. Just to be clear, I find this thread very helpful, but it's so easy for me to get caught up with online activities (I will literally spends hours posting and reading without being aware of the time spent doing so) that I have to rein myself in.

Peace
Old 02-26-2016, 08:28 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Just wanted to say hi to you all- keep going xoxo
Old 02-26-2016, 08:36 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

T2R

I know you love this thread and SR like most of us.

You don't need to explain anything to anybody.

But one has to do what one has to do. Speaking of which, I must go.

Peace to you :-)
Old 02-26-2016, 08:48 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

I'm at the place. I'm more nervous than I expected to be.
Old 02-26-2016, 08:54 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
I'm at the place. I'm more nervous than I expected to be.
Good luck! Stay strong... more importantly have fun!
Old 02-26-2016, 10:23 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Brother of the Wolf

I am finally starting to feel some relief. The consistent input of food, tea, green juice, and an equal mix of meditation and good belly laughs with my sister, and I have started to get my nervous system to calm down. I'm attempting to go to bed now, and hopefully this new found relaxation, coupled with my exhaustion from last night will carry me blissfully into a fantastic day three. That said, if I'm tossing and turning, I will probably come back and post here rather than letting my frustration spiral out of control in my head.

Good night all. A bad night's sleep sober still feels better in the morning than 10 hours of sleep drunk.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:39 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Sweaty hands I tested that out a few times without meaning to. It really is better. I've gone 4-5 hrs sober sleep that beat out 9 hrs drunk sleep ANY day. No contest.
Old 02-26-2016, 11:36 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Everybody, I made it back home. Three iced teas and french fries. I feel great and I'm very happy about staying strong. thanks for your help, Feb Class. Im half an hour away from Day 25.
Old 02-26-2016, 11:45 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great going OOTT

D