Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 5

Old 02-26-2016, 02:34 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Nature Lover & Plantoholic

Thanks for the welcome, everyone. My blood pressure is going down a bit. Maybe because my son is home from camp, and my husband is on his way home from the airport? It was indeed scary to deal with this alone for a week.

I left my ex due to his alcoholism. And here I am now, in the same boat. My husband has battled with alcohol, but has essentially quit drinking [well, as far as I can really know] in support of me. He also went to the first AA meeting with me. I so want to be done with this problem now, I just hope I have the strength to abstain completely. I have caused way to much anguish for my family. I used to enjoy just a bit of wine now and then, but lately I've guzzled it. No enjoyment, only ESCAPE.

Happy Friday. We normally do pizza [I love to cook but Fridays are my 'day off'], but now with the high BP, maybe I ought to skip it.
Old 02-26-2016, 02:36 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Flaco

Get well soon Max - take it easy!

you're going gangbusters JimJim - you too Sadie

Try and pull yourself back from the edge JL - I used to get so wound up with stress I got stressed about stuff that hadn't even happened yet.

If you need support there's support here, man - you can do this

D
Old 02-26-2016, 02:39 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Nature Lover & Plantoholic

Ack, I posted, and then it disappeared when I added more on edit. Ugh. New to this forums thing.

edit: it's back, LOL.
Old 02-26-2016, 02:42 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you look at the toolbar above where you post there's an undo and a reedo button - you can often get posts back that way gardengal

I'm glad you're dumping that bottle of wine Mia

You sound determined so best wishes for your night OOTT

D

welcome btw gardengal
Old 02-26-2016, 04:01 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS TO:-

5upersonic - 3 WEEKS SOBER (on day 22 today)

Njdellis - 3 WEEKS SOBER (on day 22 today)

Camryn474 - 2 WEEKS SOBER (on day 15 today)

Cococo - 1 WEEK SOBER (on day 8 today)

Old 02-26-2016, 04:04 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Hey OOTT how goes it?
Old 02-26-2016, 04:09 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Good Afternoon everyone

Its 1pm here. Im just very quickly popping in to check in and say congrats to our milestoners.

Im on day 8 today. Ive been sober for 1 week. I don't think Ive done that sort of stretch for 6 - 8 months. There was a week in winter (were in summer here) last year where I had the flu. I was in bed for a week and was so ill I couldn't drink, but that's not drinking by default.

Ive been at music lessons with my son this morning from 8am - 10am, then we went straight to cricket which has only just finished. We have just quickly come home to grab our togs and towels, then we are going to my sons favourite café for a bite to eat, then we are going to the beach and playground because its stinking hot and humid (theres a playground on the beach).

Go hard everyone!
Old 02-26-2016, 04:13 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Applekat, it's going great.
1. I'm going out tonight, so it'll be my first real test since Feb. 3, but I feel very strong. I have been 100 percent honest in my posts here, and admitted something to the world that I had not done before: that I'm an alcoholic. If I were to drink tonight, I'd admit it here. And there's no way I want to start over at day 1 again. That's going to be enough to keep me from ordering a beer. I'm going to have my phone logged on to SR, as a "lifeline" too, just in case.
2. When I was running last night, I kept flashing on how much everyone at SR means to me and how happy I am to be able to post here. I've said this before, but I could not have made it this far without the Feb class. The support everyone gives me--and the support we all give each other--- is really touching. It's more than touching...it's lifesaving.
3. Going through the past year has made me be honest with myself for the first time in a long time, and I like it. I like the feeling of being honest. I like the feeling of not having to hide secret drinking from everyone.

how's about you? how is it going?
Old 02-26-2016, 04:13 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Wife taking 7 yr old to ER, because there's no urgent care in the area. I don't agree, since a doctors open tomorrow, but she's a wreck so I just said go fly crazy bird.
Me and Nater tot (2) eating pizza getting baths and watching Star Trek enterprise episodes ( he likes the music, and I'm a Trekkie).
I will not be pushed into drinking today !
Happy Friday to my friends, day 5 for me.
CONGRATULATIONS- on milestones large and small

- welcome to newer joiners. This groups good !
Hugs
Old 02-26-2016, 04:20 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Just checking in class. Terrible day, terrible night, but I'm sober. Day 4 coming to a close.

Glad to see the newcomers and the familiar names too.
Old 02-26-2016, 04:24 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

That's great, OOTT. It is "easier" in so many ways. I feel like I am taking a big, relieving exhale know what I mean? I look forward to hearing you say you crawled into bed sober and happy.

JL, just enjoy the time with your little one. I am a Star Wars nerd though I did watch the occasional Next Generation. It is fun when kiddo's get into things we are or used to be.

My hubby is having a whiskey and Coke on this Friday night and while it's hard, not gonna lie, it's not my wine which I would be salivating over. He will have two though and I would want 6. I'd also probably want to put it in my OJ tomorrow. The AV does a happy dance. But I am shutting it down.
Old 02-26-2016, 04:33 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

But wait, there's more:
I just cannot get over what an obvious, no brainer choice it is to NOT drink. I can't think of a single positive thing I got out of it. It just doesn't make sense to me now.
I like myself better. I'm thinner. My work has never been better. I'm reliable now. If you send an email, I answer it immediately. My work demands attention to detail, and drinking was causing serious problems for me and my mental health. The work I'm producing now is far better.
Everything in my life... all aspects of my life, have improved beyond my expectations.
Old 02-26-2016, 04:37 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Hello friends,

I cant believe how sick I am at this point. Sober, yes. Sick, so bad. I so wish I could have got to see my gp today. I just know I need some antibiotics. I will continue on with my herbal stuff. It really does help. Until Monday. I do have health insurance, but at this point, my gp is my best bet, moneywise. It's hard to accept that even in my country, if you work hard for a good policy, the copays are too much. I could go to my Urgent Care, or the little clinic. Urgent care on my policy is 100 dollars. The little clinic, probably just as bad. Im very sick. I feel just horrible . Its going around.
I will just wait it out. Maybe strep, maybe just pharyngitis. I havent had this for years. Probably from kids germs.

So, Ive got my otc stuff that I can use safely, Ive got the vaporizer steaming up. I took my vitamin C today. I really hate being so sick. But glad I wont have a hangover to boot. No insult to injury here. Not tonight. Will catch up on all the posts, as soon as I can. Thanks all for the warm replies.
Old 02-26-2016, 04:52 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Max I'm so sorry you're sick. I'm hopefully getting over whatever was ailing me. The applecider vinegar/water gargle was the biggest help for me. That and cough suppressant.

Apple I'm sorry your Hubbin is drinking. My wife's drinking never made a difference to me one way or the other, but it bothers some folks a lot.
This is my first sober Friday in 6 months probably.
Crazy, huh
Old 02-26-2016, 05:09 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

My mantra this weekend is....while it is so, so hard to pass up on the drink, it is so, so, SO worth it.
Old 02-26-2016, 05:18 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

How did I have the time to drink all those hours? I'm just winding down after a busy day. Recovery group exercises/discussion, counseling appointment, yoga, errands, cleaning, dinner. I feel good and energetic. Day 3.

Thinking about incorporating cardio into my week. I just learned not to make vague goals like "get more exercise!" because you'll always find a reason to blow them off. Instead I plan to mark specific days on my calendar that I will commit to exercising. I always feel better after working out: it relieves stress, helps me sleep better at night, and it definitely elevates my mood. I'm not sure why I avoid it then!

Welcome to the newcomers and congrats to all of you who keep on keepin' on (not sure where I heard that expression--AA?) It's inspiring to read about your progress.

Need to catch up on posts. Have a good night everyone.
Old 02-26-2016, 05:25 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Happy Friday everyone. I read through the posts, and then tried to make a response and when I couldn't remember the name of one of the people I wanted to respond to, I went back to look for his name and lost all I had written. Oh well! Day five for me. Happy sober weekend to all of you. Those of you who are new, welcome! Those who are struggling, I have you in my thoughts and prayers. Sending out good vibes to you and yours.
I have to work all weekend, so it doesn't seem like Friday to me, and the ride home was not so much of a struggle. I am so grateful for that!
Bye for now,
Karen
Old 02-26-2016, 05:39 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Brother of the Wolf

Rough day 2, but I'm sober. Not sleeping well last night has amplified my remaining symptoms, but herbal tea, hydration, and nourishing food have all helped me push through. I'm hoping that today's exhaustion will lead to a blissful night's sleep tonight.
Old 02-26-2016, 05:41 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Good job SweatyHands! The lack of sleep is hard, here's to hoping you get some rest tonight. I know I hope to.
Old 02-26-2016, 05:58 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Good job sweaty hands ! I know it's hard. I've put myself through it all too many times.
Karen, you , me, and apple are all at 5 I think.
Let's make it 6 !