SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 5 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/385738-class-february-2016-support-thread-part-5-a.html)

FlacoJ 02-26-2016 05:02 AM

Starting again, today. Odd story, as we all have. Medically altered tummy, makes the problem drinking strike like a cobra like it never has. I'm 42, btw

Originally Posted by KarenOskie (Post 5817236)
Good morning everyone! Welcome Flaco, I hope you have a good sober day and enjoy this group as much as I have. Are you just starting out with not drinking?
So sorry you're sick Maximus! Do you have the day off? I hope you get lots of rest and drink plenty of non-alcoholic fluids!
I'm looking forward to a relatively short day at work, then I have to work the weekend. I can't go to a meeting again tonight as my son will have my car. But I'll be here with you guys, staying sober another day! I hope it's a great one for all of you. Nice reading about your day with your son Coco. I love hearing about people feeling better and doing better when the alcohol is out of their system. Gives me hope! I feel pretty good this morning, too!

FlacoJ 02-26-2016 05:04 AM

The last few hours have been really hazy. I got here though, at least.

Applekat 02-26-2016 05:10 AM

Good morning Februarians!
Day 5 for me.

Stick close today, team.

Baby is cutting tooth number 2. Fussier kids are both a trigger for me, and also a big reason not to drink a drop, if I can smother AV's voice!

360startstoday 02-26-2016 05:30 AM

Coco- so proud of you!!! And I'm so happy that you and your son had a great time. Good job!

Goingnowhere- keep it up, did you find your plan on the links? Good job to you as well. And good morning!

Jobei- welcome and good job. Keep it up, you never have to detox again. Congrats!

Jl- are you feeling better? Maybe you could go to a movie tonight or something? My first Friday night I stayed out and about and kept distracted.

I missed so many pages. I hope everyone is doing okay. Yesterday was rough for so many people, hoping it's better for everyone today.

Today is day 19, looking forward to 3 weeks!

360startstoday 02-26-2016 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Applekat (Post 5817386)
Good morning Februarians!
Day 5 for me.

Stick close today, team.

Baby is cutting tooth number 2. Fussier kids are both a trigger for me, and also a big reason not to drink a drop, if I can smother AV's voice!

My baby, almost 3 was up with a cough.... I look at the grumpy kids as a chance for me to hold them while sober fully alert and not smelling of alcohol. A reward for all of us. I always cried thinking their memory of me would be a stinky tired mom.

JL2014 02-26-2016 05:45 AM

Day 5 for me too Apple !
..... That being said , this that bull---- that makes me say he-- with it and give in.
Wife's first night on seroquel, she can't wake up , driving in late now w 2 yr old, crying. 7 yr old, don't know how hes gonna get to school. Also she " forgot" her SS card and birth certificate so she can't sign in for counselling to start. Says she's Goin Monday ( I'm feeling there'll be a "reason" she can't then either).
I just took a bunch of loperamide to try to stop the antibiotic dysentery ( stopped antibiotic this morning also). I told my wife that I'd do whatever I could to help when I got home from work but this was the day I usually start to drink on a weekend and I might be out of sorts, doing what needed to not drink.
She just said " I can't handle it".
I've never gotten any support from her whatsoever, so I don't know why I thought I'd get another answer. A non alcoholic just doesn't get it, and she's got a bag full of crazy going on anyway. I'm hatin on life right this second.

I've freakin had it.
It's 0840 Friday.
I might goto jail for the first time ever, but I'm NOT going to a damn liquor store.
Whew.

AppleCat I feel you on cutting teeth. My 2 yr old gave us fits with his. They hurt him more than my other 2 sons.

tiredofme 02-26-2016 05:49 AM

Hugs JL you have your hands full there today your wife might not get it and shes got her own problems also right now but we totally understand keep posting and lean on us.

kittycat3 02-26-2016 05:52 AM

Happy Friday! Day 16. Dinner with friend tonight, errands with mom tomorrow. All fun sober activities ahead this weekend!

Stay strong class and have some plans for sober activities this weekend, don't let the weekend blues wreck your sobriety!

PennyLane76 02-26-2016 05:55 AM

Day 7, woot! Kept waking up because my throat was sore and sinuses congested. I will take that any day over heart pounding, sweaty, panicked awakenings! I used to run outside at 3 am to stand in bare feet in the grass to try to calm myself. All along I thought I had untreatable anxiety disorder, and it was alcohol! I still have anxiety occasionally, but not even close to when I was drinking and withdrawing!

Very rarely do I wake in a panic now, it was about 3 weeks sober when anxiety really lessened. Keep with it everyone!

Friday early morning here snuggling with my elderly cat. I'm going to take as many snuggles as he wants to give me.

Anybody with urges, post first okay? . It helps.

JimmyJam 02-26-2016 05:57 AM

It's hard to keep up with our thread but thats a good thing. I hope that the folks that are under the weather feel better soon. Everyone have a safe and sober weekend. Every day that we are sober pieces of the shell of the man/woman that we are today start to break off and we become our true/former self. Damn I sure missed that guy.

PennyLane76 02-26-2016 05:59 AM

Hey JL. Maybe try some plain yogurt? I don't know why Dr's don't tell people more often to eat yogurt or take probiotics when on antibiotics.

You can make it through a sober weekend!

JL2014 02-26-2016 06:35 AM

Thank Sadie.
Hug the cat for me, ok?

Badger07 02-26-2016 06:46 AM

Day 23. Committing to not drinking today to you all. Fridays are hard for me. Especially when I am traveling for work and returning home. I like to drink in the airport to decompress. Be strong everyone.

Applekat 02-26-2016 06:57 AM

You have support here, JL. Dig deep today.

bluedog97 02-26-2016 07:04 AM

Morning, day 5. Going back to IOP today. I've only gotten flashes of benefits from it, but trying to keep an open mind. Sometimes it comes when we least expect it. Friday nights are typically difficult for me too.

Have a good day everyone

JL2014 02-26-2016 07:17 AM

Apple I'm feeling a pizza coming on. Still thinking. 7hrs til off still

SweatyHands 02-26-2016 07:27 AM

Well, I'm about to get up out of bed to start day 2. I finally got some sleep last night, but only about 4 hours. Still, I know that when my body tells me that it needs sleep, I will take it. I'm going to head downstairs for some breakfast and sunshine.

5upersonic 02-26-2016 08:06 AM

Day 22, still sober. Hope everyone is ok. :)

Anna 02-26-2016 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by FlacoJ (Post 5817367)
Starting again, today. Odd story, as we all have. Medically altered tummy, makes the problem drinking strike like a cobra like it never has. I'm 42, btw

Good that you're starting over. Do you mean you had gastric banding type surgery? It seems fairly common for people to develop alcoholism after that kind of surgery. Carnie Wilson's book 'Gut Feeling' is about her issue with addiction after surgery.

Anna 02-26-2016 08:29 AM

360 and Applecat, good on you for being the parent who is present and strong during the tough days of childhood.

BlueDog, check in here tonight if you're feeling cravings.