Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 5

Old 02-29-2016, 07:51 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Roll Call - Day 26. Be strong! Don't drink today for success.
Old 02-29-2016, 08:00 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OldTomato View Post
Not sure why I'm feeling so anxious about it, I'll be fine, and it'll get me away from all the alcohol in my house for a while.
What's up with that? Why is there so much alcohol in your house? There is in my house because it's not my home and I'm getting out of here ASAP!
Old 02-29-2016, 08:05 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Morning all. Woke up a bit maudlin. It's my father's birthday and he enjoyed being a Leap Year baby. I had/still have a lot of unresolved feelings over his death. I was alone with him when he died in the hospice, and had made the decision to move him there just a couple days before, . thinking it would be best. My mom could not make any decisions. It was a horrible two days for him due to unforeseen circumstances. I had a lot of anger towards my sister for turning away from us and had to realize her way of dealing with things is putting her head in the sand.

I won't drink today but my negative self talk is running rampant . I'm going to try to go to a couple of work appointments this morning, then come home and rest.

It's a real positive to read how well you all are doing. Those who lapsed are right back. That's great! Fast moving class, will try to keep up tonight.
Old 02-29-2016, 08:06 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChrisBen View Post
Hi everyone. My 29th day sober here. I started February with the commitment to finish it sober. It hasn't been easy, but almost there. Hang in there everyone. I've been here before and managed to relapse, so still a work in progress. Just don't quit quitting! I had quite the internal argument this weekend. When I start feeling that sobriety is sooo hard, I have to remind myself how hard drinking/ and the after affect is. That was hard. Exhausting really. All I have to do know is not do something. Not drink. I will not drink for today. Thanks, and make this extra day something great! Even if its your first day, spending it sober is great!
Nice work my friend! Exhausting is right... I'm glad to be reminded of this... just exactly how much time, effort, money I had to put into drinking... also the physical and emotional toll. Im not interested in giving away my time anymore take care!
Old 02-29-2016, 08:08 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sadie1 View Post
Morning all. Woke up a bit maudlin. It's my father's birthday and he enjoyed being a Leap Year baby. I had/still have a lot of unresolved feelings over his death. I was alone with him when he died in the hospice, and had made the decision to move him there just a couple days before, . thinking it would be best. My mom could not make any decisions. It was a horrible two days for him due to unforeseen circumstances. I had a lot of anger towards my sister for turning away from us and had to realize her way of dealing with things is putting her head in the sand.

I won't drink today but my negative self talk is running rampant . I'm going to try to go to a couple of work appointments this morning, then come home and rest.

It's a real positive to read how well you all are doing. Those who lapsed are right back. That's great! Fast moving class, will try to keep up tonight.
Try to rest and do something nice for yourself, maybe your favorite meal or a new shirt... you deserve it! Take it easy...
Old 02-29-2016, 08:09 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Badger07 View Post
Roll Call - Day 26. Be strong! Don't drink today for success.
Check.
Old 02-29-2016, 08:51 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  
Nature Lover & Plantoholic

Originally Posted by Cococo View Post
I would like to ask the team/class.......seeing its still technically February (right now), can I please start as day 1 tomorrow? However day 1 for me will be 1st of March. I will miss you guys!
No, you can't go! Sure, post in the new class, but you can still post here! You and I have so much in common! If you leave, I will just have to follow you to the new group. Don't give me a reason to drink today!!

It was a job interview. They were interviewing ME in their home, so I didn't expect to them to present alcohol.
Now that's tricky. If you say no, they might find it weird, and you lose the job? Be glad* that you didn't get drunk!!

*I switched that word from proud to glad [to motivated??] when I read Dee's post. I'm still learning.
Old 02-29-2016, 09:08 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
Himalayan lunch? Interesting...what did you eat? Mo Mos?
Yes, 3 types of momos, and my 11 year gobbled them up and wanted more! I'm lucky he's not a finicky eater -- even likes spicy food.

I ordered an 'herb chicken' dish which had several fresh herbs in it, including fenugreek ["methi"], which I love. It oozes from your pores for days and the sheets smell like India, but it's really good for you. :-)

We're lucky in the SF Bay Area to have restaurants from literally all over the world. I just miss ordering a bottle of wine. Need to get over that!
Old 02-29-2016, 09:10 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Day 27
Old 02-29-2016, 09:15 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Optimist4ever57 View Post
Heavy sigh... I'm back to day 2. I'm so disgusted with myself, it overpowers the yucckiness I feel from the withdrawls. It has to work this time .Why am I so weak when it comes to alcohol? There was no anxiety trigger, just saw the vodka and put it on the counter.

I will check in to SR more and work on my "plan"...not quite finished but I did start.

I am so disappointed in myself :-(
Yes, keep checking in here. I'm finding that it's helping me a lot, though my husband seemed worried that SR will be a trigger. That's why I'm posting so darn much! Please stay in the class.

I'm going to my 2nd AA meeting today. Deep breaths. It took me so long to get the 1st, and that was a few weeks ago. Fear and denial...
Old 02-29-2016, 09:21 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PHRD View Post
Here again. Day one. I think this will be my final class and I mean that in a good way. Had done well drinking during the week for a while noe. Even have husband joining me. But I drank a lot over the weekend and now it just goes right to my head... I need to find a replacement activity to destress late in the day. Or relax and enjoy life more during the day. My daughter noticed I was slurring my words. How embarrassing. And so dissappointing in myself after making huge strides to no longer drink during the week. Its time to let this vice go. I don't need it anymore so why risk my health and all my confidence by doing it and feeling so horrible after. So sick of it. I'm going to take the time to really participate in this class and post daily. Day one dammit.
Hi PHRD, I can totally relate. In fact, my 11 year old is always on eggshells wondering if I'm drunk or not, especially when I pick him up from school. His anxiety levels seem through the roof in the last few days [I have to tell myself/ AV it was his school camp away from home for a week, and not me]. I can no longer do this to him, and I can't do this to me.

Glad you've joined our class!
Old 02-29-2016, 09:32 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Day 29 for me. I too have made it through 4 weekends! I worked out this morning and plan not to drink today. Keep at it everyone!
Old 02-29-2016, 10:04 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Day 25 here, woot woot! I also tried giving caffeine, but have enjoyed a glass or two of tea along the way...hard to stop that and alcohol!
Old 02-29-2016, 10:13 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

GardenGal - We can keep each other in check. My daughter is 12 and can also be a be source of stress. I've written out a plan to go get a coffee, french fries or some other treat and go for a drive the next time she is driving me crazy.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:15 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Im feeling upset and angry at myself for telling her any of my business. My 2 brothers (I have 2 siblings) tell her nothing. One hasn't seen or spoken to her in 15 years. The other one speaks to her weekly only because they get free childcare from her. He told me they couldn't survive without the free childcare from her. And everybody else in her family, her brothers and sisters etc avoid her like the plague.

Why did I open my trap!
I fall into the same trap on occasion with my mother. I know not to do it, but sadly still keep hoping she will become human....like hitting my head against a wall. Just know you are not alone!
Old 02-29-2016, 10:19 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Wow..so many of you in your twenties. It's fantastic!

Went to an AA meeting and someone I know died yesterday. She got drunk, blacked out on the floor. Her daughter left her there as she thought her mum was acting out her usual behaviour. The daughter found her dead this morning.

Died from choking on her vomit.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:21 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Dear Higher Power, save me from this dreadful disease.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:21 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amyrose View Post
Starting day 13. Pulled out my literature on living sober and will do some reading today. Still cannot sleep much, but that has always been a problem, and worse when I drink. So I will start my day nice and early and enjoy each moment! Nervous about going out to dinner tonight - it's a restaurant where they have my wine poured before I even get to the table. Will need to educate them that things are different now. Will also have a friend present who is not supportive at all, so luckily my husband can help me stay strong and kick his ass :-)
Update - survived and even had fun!! Was so worried, but managed to stop the waiter from pouring my wine, even through his protests. And my "friend" gave me a look, asked if I'm still doing "that thing" and then let it go once I was clear that this wasn't over. Today is day 14 and I cannot remember the last time I was sober for 2 weeks straight. So Happy!!!! Next test is a party Saturday, but am going to focus on each day as it comes. Woohoo!!
Old 02-29-2016, 10:24 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kittycat3 View Post
Can you go to a new restaurant amyrose? Just until you get the not-drinking down pat?

Day 18! Woo hoo! Feeling good today!

I hope all those that have slipped keep coming back, and can figure out how to stay strong when it gets tough. It will get tough no doubt, we all have to figure out a plan for handling it.

Rainy day today, I foresee a lot of relaxing
It would be easier if it was somewhere new. I sadly have two restaurants where they pour as soon as they see me. One down, one to go (not even going to try for a while though). I think once the waiters know there is a change, it will be good. Survived :-)
Old 02-29-2016, 10:31 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amyrose View Post
Update - survived and even had fun!! Was so worried, but managed to stop the waiter from pouring my wine, even through his protests. And my "friend" gave me a look, asked if I'm still doing "that thing" and then let it go once I was clear that this wasn't over. Today is day 14 and I cannot remember the last time I was sober for 2 weeks straight. So Happy!!!! Next test is a party Saturday, but am going to focus on each day as it comes. Woohoo!!
Good for you

Congrats to everyone who is sober today