SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 5 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/385738-class-february-2016-support-thread-part-5-a.html)

OldTomato 02-26-2016 01:09 AM

Right, I'm gonna get ready to leave for my meeting now. My friend caught up with someone who is also in AA and asked her if she knew me, her friend said "Is she the one who's always late?" Oops! :omfg:

Coco - We need to remember that next time our AV is telling us that drink brings us relief or confidence. It really really doesn't. Dark times, but they're over now.

tiredofme 02-26-2016 01:17 AM

Welcome to everyone who joined. Keep posting it really helps me theres a great bunch of supportive people here.

Day one of danger week I brought the car and I wont drink before driving (being over the limit the day after is a different matter). Cant say I am really looking forward to tonight but worrying about it wont help.

I will stay close today.

Cococo what a lovely day you had with your son drinking so isnt worth it.

tiredofme 02-26-2016 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by OldTomato (Post 5817093)
Right, I'm gonna get ready to leave for my meeting now. My friend caught up with someone who is also in AA and asked her if she knew me, her friend said "Is she the one who's always late?" Oops! :omfg:

Coco - We need to remember that next time our AV is telling us that drink brings us relief or confidence. It really really doesn't. Dark times, but they're over now.

Hope you enjoy your meeting OT and you are so right drinking only gives us false confidence it dosent help how we feel inside.

mns1 02-26-2016 01:22 AM

Morning everyone day 25.

Wow part five! Let's finish out this month in a blaze of sober glory!

Pound that AV into the ground guys :a043:

least 02-26-2016 01:22 AM

For all those struggling - stay sober. It's really worth it! And it does get better. :)

SweatyHands 02-26-2016 01:32 AM

Still tossing and turning at 2:30 in the morning. I just got up for a glass of water and now I'm going to try to close my eyes and use some visualization to relax myself in to sleep.

Dee74 02-26-2016 01:40 AM

Hope you get some rest SH :)

D

MovingForward1 02-26-2016 02:15 AM

Good morning class! Or night, or afternoon depending on where you are. Just checking in on the start of day 4. Feeling ok this morning, I had a restless night so maybe I'm just a bit tired.

Here's hoping for a good day for all, if not good, at least sober!

soberjim 02-26-2016 03:16 AM

Morning everyone. Catching up on posts.

Cococo.. Sounds like you had a great day with your little one. A great reason to not drink anymore!

It is Friday morning here. Looking forward to my 4th weekend in a row without alcohol. SR is definitely a place of support.

I am like everyone here taking it one day at a time. As I get closer to 30 days my cravings are more manageable; however I find my AV beginning to try to convince me that I really don't have an issue with drinking. I know I do, I just have to tune out that voice.

Have a good Friday folks

forabetterlife 02-26-2016 03:25 AM

Good morning class :)
Welcome to those who are new and glad to see so many made it through yesterday despite struggling...
I took the day off yesterday to take care of some things. I had a great jog in the morning, and then I was really slow to get motivated. Had the house to myself which is def a trigger, but I was strong in my resolve, just feeling empty. I got a lot accomplished overall, and it feels good to wake up on another sober day.
I'm not sure I've mentioned that I am also dieting, which I know is a challenge when also quitting drinking, but for me the two go hand in hand. I've been around the block enough to know that hunger is a trigger for me, and that not drinking takes precedent over any diet. Happy to say that I've lost 25 pounds since the new year. The weight loss is so motivating. It would have been even more had I not slipped a few times.
Happy it's Friday. I have a busy day and tonight I'm going with my daughter to her boyfriend's baseball game, which will keep me from alcohol and any thoughts of it, thank goodness. Busy is good:)
Have a great day, everyone. I will be around much more this weekend!

Stubbs16 02-26-2016 03:27 AM

Really quick checkin,

Im very sick, had a horrible night. My throat feels like a piece of raw meat, it hurts to swallow my own saliva. Cant book doc appointment, as I have no transportation today. On the plus side, the only plus side, at least I wont be thinking of drinking.

Hope everyone is good. Clownbaby, please let us know how you and your son are. Btw, anyone heard from VirginiaWoof? Sent her a pm, just wondering.

Have a sober one folks.

FlacoJ 02-26-2016 03:29 AM

Hi. New here. I hope it is a good day

FlacoJ 02-26-2016 03:29 AM

Ooh. Sorry to hear. My last doc retired and I got an ear infection in between that and the new one. Bad timing

KarenOskie 02-26-2016 03:46 AM

Good morning everyone! Welcome Flaco, I hope you have a good sober day and enjoy this group as much as I have. Are you just starting out with not drinking?
So sorry you're sick Maximus! Do you have the day off? I hope you get lots of rest and drink plenty of non-alcoholic fluids!
I'm looking forward to a relatively short day at work, then I have to work the weekend. I can't go to a meeting again tonight as my son will have my car. But I'll be here with you guys, staying sober another day! I hope it's a great one for all of you. Nice reading about your day with your son Coco. I love hearing about people feeling better and doing better when the alcohol is out of their system. Gives me hope! I feel pretty good this morning, too!

Paix Amour 02-26-2016 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by KarenOskie (Post 5817236)
Good morning everyone! Welcome Flaco, I hope you have a good sober day and enjoy this group as much as I have. Are you just starting out with not drinking?
So sorry you're sick Maximus! Do you have the day off? I hope you get lots of rest and drink plenty of non-alcoholic fluids!
I'm looking forward to a relatively short day at work, then I have to work the weekend. I can't go to a meeting again tonight as my son will have my car. But I'll be here with you guys, staying sober another day! I hope it's a great one for all of you. Nice reading about your day with your son Coco. I love hearing about people feeling better and doing better when the alcohol is out of their system. Gives me hope! I feel pretty good this morning, too!

Just a quick hi and bye Karen, its bedtime for me, well and truly, its late.

Chat tomorrow morning (my tomorrow morning, your bedtime, lol) hun. SMASH today out the park!

happyface:

JL2014 02-26-2016 03:54 AM

Man went to bed, missed 3 pages. Gotta catch up later. Friday morning starting. Had to stop antibiotic after 3 days. Constant upset stomach is nicest way to call it.
Friday has been crash day in the past. I'll be close all day.
Thank you all. I need y'all

tiredofme 02-26-2016 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by FlacoJ (Post 5817203)
Hi. New here. I hope it is a good day

Welcome FlacoJ glad you joined us.

Hope you are better soon Max

FlacoJ 02-26-2016 04:04 AM

Thank you tired of me

noneever 02-26-2016 04:15 AM

I'd love to join you guys. I'm 4 days alcohol free and feeling pretty good even though things are stressful at the moment. I've been maintaining my gratitude diary, reading threads here on SR and posting and am reading 'When Things Fall Apart'. Also getting to bed at a more reasonable time and paying attention to when my AV makes an appearance- and telling it firmly to fork off.

Off to bed now and looking forward to greeting the morning hangover free.

FlacoJ 02-26-2016 04:25 AM

Goodnight and congrats