Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 4

Old 02-25-2016, 06:43 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
Maximus- Also google "Wendy Ida". She is 61 years old and has a super fit body
Originally Posted by kittycat3 View Post
Hey KNB, I can totally relate to your situation w drunken friend message! I didn't do it often but I for sure have drunk dialed and FB'd. Be glad you are no longer doing those things and try to let it go. I'd back off and give the guy space but don't get worked up about it happening - I know personally my drunken messages were not worth the energy

Day 15 (I think? Nice to start to lose track.) I'll be meeting my parents new pup tonight! And taking care of a task I've been procrastinating for quite some time. Lovely sober day ahead!
Kittycat it was a strong reminder of who I don't want to be. Its been such a nice feeling not to feel any self loathing for 31 days. Five more days and you are 20!!!!
Old 02-25-2016, 06:50 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cococo View Post
Oh ok

I only went back 8 full days, I had to stop somewhere, as it was there were 40 pages to go through, and it took 3 hours to do the list

You can search members posting history, I might look up when Sleepydots last posted in here

EDIT/UPDATE, here you are...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post5809745

Sleepy is part of December 2015. Shes 58 days sober according to her post. She obviously just popped in the say hi, many people do. Or she may have hit the wrong thread.
Hey, that's me! Just to clarify, I am officially part of December '15 but my previous attempts at sobriety always derailed around that 45-60 day mark, my record being 59 days. Pretty much when particiption in most classes dwindles by quite a lot, so I kind of hopped onto this class to tag along with you all. To be surrounded by those who are thinking and working and posting every day about their sobriety and hopefully offer my support to them as well. Life has just been so busy lately that I have not posted as much as I had planned to but I have been following along as much as I can and rooting you all on! And you all have helped me too, as today is my Day 60! This is the longest I have been sober (not counting my pregnancies) in all of my adult life. So thank you all.
Old 02-25-2016, 06:52 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

How's everyone doing? I've managed a couple little accomplishments today. Ok, so I counted brushing teeth, showering and getting dressed as 3 separate accomplishments but, at least I did it.

I've realized I HAVE to make a store run. Thought I had more dog food. I really don't want to. Straight there, straight back.

How can my AV be piping up already while I nurse the bruises from the IV's? It knows 'just a few' would make this awful feeling stop.

Straight there, straight back.

Hey, AV! You don't win today.
Old 02-25-2016, 06:58 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Omg the comments and faces i have had in work this afternoon because i am not drinking tomorrow are mind blowing.

Theres only 5 of us 2 are ok with it one womans face looked like shes chewing a wasp and my boss come out with a doosey. After explaining I hadnt had a drink for 4 weeks and really didnt fancy an hangover on a 5 + hour train journey he said.

If i didnt drink (meaning him) I would feel like an alcholic .!!??!! What type of illogical nonense is that.

This is a crowd who think I hardly drink.

Made me more determined tomorrow but gosh I realise why I have had to isolate to get this far I have 2 more nights like this in March arrrg.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:05 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 60 days sleepydots
Old 02-25-2016, 07:06 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GoingNowhere View Post
How's everyone doing? I've managed a couple little accomplishments today. Ok, so I counted brushing teeth, showering and getting dressed as 3 separate accomplishments but, at least I did it.

I've realized I HAVE to make a store run. Thought I had more dog food. I really don't want to. Straight there, straight back.

How can my AV be piping up already while I nurse the bruises from the IV's? It knows 'just a few' would make this awful feeling stop.

You can do it GoingNowhere we be waiting for you when you get back.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:12 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SleepyDots View Post
Hey, that's me! Just to clarify, I am officially part of December '15 but my previous attempts at sobriety always derailed around that 45-60 day mark, my record being 59 days. Pretty much when particiption in most classes dwindles by quite a lot, so I kind of hopped onto this class to tag along with you all. To be surrounded by those who are thinking and working and posting every day about their sobriety and hopefully offer my support to them as well. Life has just been so busy lately that I have not posted as much as I had planned to but I have been following along as much as I can and rooting you all on! And you all have helped me too, as today is my Day 60! This is the longest I have been sober (not counting my pregnancies) in all of my adult life. So thank you all.
Hey sleepydots! Congatulations on 60 days! You must feel fabulous!
The classes are always full at the beginning but its dwindles to less than half after two months. Hopefully I will still be posting in 60 days and I will prob do the same as you..hop from one class to the other. I started in class Aug 2014 and I still post there but there are only 6 pupils left out of over 40 at one point.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:13 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GoingNowhere View Post

Hang in there GN. My AV was at its strongest the days after I drank. It started easing after three weeks
Old 02-25-2016, 07:20 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tiredofme View Post
Omg the comments and faces i have had in work this afternoon because i am not drinking tomorrow are mind blowing.

Theres only 5 of us 2 are ok with it one womans face looked like shes chewing a wasp and my boss come out with a doosey. After explaining I hadnt had a drink for 4 weeks and really didnt fancy an hangover on a 5 + hour train journey he said.

If i didnt drink (meaning him) I would feel like an alcholic .!!??!! What type of illogical nonense is that.

Made me more determined tomorrow but gosh I realise why I have had to isolate to get this far I have 2 more nights like this in March arrrg.
What a stupid comment. That's what I hate about this drinking society. We have been brainwashed in thinking that we should drink to be sociable and you are not cool if you don't. Peer pressure got me into drinking in the first place.

I told a friend of mine that I havnt drank in 30 days .She replies with
" Well done.You can celebrate with a drink ". LOL its ingrained in us

Just vent on her tiredofme. You got to reach your thirties. Its tomorrow isn't it?
Old 02-25-2016, 07:37 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

I just had to say it to someone who would understand. You are right its so engrained into our culture its frightening and has been a reason for relapsing in the past.

Thought work mates would have been easy my friends are on another level that will be a hard one to talk myself out of. They just dont understand the word no when drinking is concerned even going to the gym involves a drink after.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:44 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

tiredofme.My excuse- I have been telling people that something isn't right with my liver and I have to abstain for a while. Doctor's orders.

Yep I know what you mean with the gym. People go a for a pint and a curry after the gym. Whats the point lol?

Its gonna be tough to change our old habits but hopefully through perseverance we will find new ones, healthier ones to replace them.Even if this means getting rid of people/ places that are triggers. Don't know about you but I have been doing a lot of mental spring cleaning these past 30 days.
Its been an eye opener and things are slowly clicking into place...not sure what as yet but wanting to find out.

SOBER IS SEXY!
Old 02-25-2016, 07:46 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Checking in. Day 22
Old 02-25-2016, 07:55 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Good morning!!!

Day 18. Had a rough morning trying not to make it an all day thing.

Congrats sleepy!!!

Welcome everyone new, we are glad to have you.

Max, good job on last night, here's to another day!

Jl hope you're doing better today! I'm glad you talked with your wife, I'm sure your support is support important right now.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:59 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tiredofme View Post

I've been getting a lot of comments too. It's super strange. It's like people don't want to hear it. But I really don't care, I'm only doing this for me (for the first time) any other opinion is void. Good for you staying strong!
Old 02-25-2016, 08:02 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Thanks for the links knb. I will check tht out later. I know its possible at any age, to get fit, and live a healthier lifestyle . Thanks for the encouragement too!
Old 02-25-2016, 08:03 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Thanks 360!
Old 02-25-2016, 08:03 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
Hang in there GN. My AV was at its strongest the days after I drank. It started easing after three weeks
I'm looking forward to my 3 weeks this weekend! I've always heard 21 days to break a habit, so, hoping it's true with the cravings at least!

Glad to see you are still doing awesome!
Old 02-25-2016, 08:17 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Day 10 coming to an end. I have it double figures. Feeling proud and happy. Cravings are at bay for now but i am staying vigilant as tomorrow is the start of the weekend and that is when it hits hardest.
i am going to plant my vegetable garden and do some DYI around the house.
Will catch up on posts later when in bed.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:31 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Just saying hi, made it to the store and back. At least my gluttoness mongrels are covered. Hope everyone's day is going great and if not great, then at least sober!
Old 02-25-2016, 08:47 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Morning, Day 4. Just checking in.