Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 4

Old 02-25-2016, 04:09 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Good morning and welcome to the new people!
I didn't sleep well last night at all. Big day again today. At least I'm not hungover! Just tired, and I have coffee for that.
Coco, it's funny how far off I was in trying to describe you on that thread. And yes, I would definitely consider changing jobs if this one doesn't get better. The thing is, I was only at my former job less than a year, it's not good for your resume to change too much. I want to try and get a handle on this one. But, I think I'm going to start looking around anyway. This is really too much for me, I need time to go to meetings and take care of myself and have a life outside of work. My son and his wife don't make enough money to support themselves and their kids without me, so for now I need to make as much money as I do at the job I'm in. But, I can tell them that they have to find a way to increase their income because I can't support them anymore, and then if I'm not supporting them I can get a low stress job. I don't need much myself.
Thanks for asking. This problem has been weighing on my mind lately. I think I can leave work at a normal hour tonight and go to a meeting, but I'll almost surely have to work the weekend.
Well, time to hit the shower and make the most of this day! My plan is the same today, Pray, come to SR again tonight, go to a meeting and call someone on my sober people list.
Old 02-25-2016, 04:18 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Hello friends of February,

Im catching up on posts with some decaff this morning. Woke up with a very bad sore throat, seems thats going around. Very susceptible to kids germs too. With four of them being here, and bringing home stuff from school too. Going to have to beef up on the vitamin C.

I know I must sound very weak, all the times I have had to "restart". It is pathetic, I agree. I didnt really want those beers the other night, but that was my normal reaction to when s**t hits the fan. But honestly, I have been known to "celebrate " good times too, which unfortunately have been few and far between for too long. Point is, its really just addiction, anyway you want to slice it. Reminds me of an old song with the title " What were once vices have now become habits" or something along those lines. Not sure of the artist.

As Ive said before, theres alot that needs to change around here. Some of you are probably familiar with my story, as I have posted about it in other classes, forums. And yes, I dont have anything near to a Normal life. Not as I perceive normal to be anyways. I just cant change it, and others. Just as nobody can change me, my drinking, except me. But, I can change me. Its about all I can control. So, thats why Im here, and praying, doing a few meetings, reading recovery books, etc. I do believe it can and will happen. So, sorry to sound like a broken record around here. I want to emphasize that I really do want change, and that Im really trying for it.

Thanks for caring.
Old 02-25-2016, 04:40 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Good morning class!

Just a quick Hello as this is our "rush around morning". My daughter has gymnastics class and we are always running late. It is so much better, though, to be doing it without a hangover. Ugh, how I hated those mornings. Day 12 today. I made it this far in August and then caved. Feeling strong though. My daughter's 6th bd party is on Sat and I have lots to do to get ready so no time for drinking or hangovers.

Hope everyone has another good bad sober day. Will catch up on posts later today. Thanks, all, for being here - you help me stay sober everyday
Old 02-25-2016, 04:53 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Karen,

I really understand how you feel about your son and his wife. Ive got the same situation here, but add four kids to that puzzle. And, they have been in and out for seven years prior, did well for a few years. Then jobs were lost, financial picture changed up. They really had nowhere to go, so here they are again. Its starting to look up tho, finally. A long way to go yet. And all the extra stress, being what it is, makes my recovery a bit more challenging.

Hang tight, it cant be that way forever, right? So glad you are going to meetings , and praying, coming here. Hope you have a good today!
Old 02-25-2016, 05:07 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cococo View Post
knb02

That was a nice post to JL

I didn't have time to fully read it, but you did

You are lovely

Good idea, talk to your counsellor. I wouldn't just dump the Wednesday meeting like that. Is there another meeting? Can you not avoid her? Youll work it out Im sure. Keep us updated.

Night Everyone
Night Cococo

Yes there are AA meetings that I can attend but I have grown fond of some of the other people who go to this Wednesday meeting. I hate change...
Old 02-25-2016, 05:12 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

cococo has gone to bed and everyone is waking up lol. That's what I love about online forums. You can talk to everyone across the globe.

Funny how we all have the same issues with our addiction no matter race/gender/age etc

Bottom line is that alcohol sucks! Its poison
Old 02-25-2016, 05:14 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Here is to all of us who are HUNGOVER FREE today.

Up yours AV !
Old 02-25-2016, 05:14 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Congrats to Everyone on your days, accomplishments.
JL, and anyone else currently sick, hope you get well soon.

Going back a few posts about me feeling fat. Well, I never would make fun of anyone overweight, and I never use to be. But, drinking so much, for so long really has added extra pounds,I dont want or need. If thats another incentive for me to decline that drink, so be it. And IMO, thats a good thing. I accept I will never have the nice body I enjoyed for most of my life. Aging , alcoholism, diet, exercise, all is a big part of that picture. But, it can be better. But, only if I change, Really Want It.

Welcome to newbies . Glad you are here.
Old 02-25-2016, 05:17 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by maximus97 View Post
Congrats to Everyone on your days, accomplishments.
JL, and anyone else currently sick, hope you get well soon.

Going back a few posts about me feeling fat. Well, I never would make fun of anyone overweight, and I never use to be. But, drinking so much, for so long really has added extra pounds,I dont want or need. If thats another incentive for me to decline that drink, so be it. And IMO, thats a good thing. I accept I will never have the nice body I enjoyed for most of my life. Aging , alcoholism, diet, exercise, all is a big part of that picture. But, it can be better. But, only if I change, Really Want It.

Welcome to newbies . Glad you are here.
Hi max. Are you in your forties?
Old 02-25-2016, 05:24 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Thank you all for your posts. I plan to check in more often given the wonderfully high level of activity in the forum. These days are more stressful than usual, but I know what to do: off to the gym!
Old 02-25-2016, 05:24 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sadie1 View Post
Hey Febs! Hello Clownbaby glad you came back. JL, can you shoot for a weekend with no drinking? Sounds like you need to be present for your wife right now. It will be so exciting to read Monday that you made it through the weekend! I feel for you.

Welcome to new members!! Hard to keep up if you miss a day here

I've been hit with a bad cold/laryngitis. I sound like an asthmatic smoking frog so laying low drinking kale juice. It's very disgusting but giving it a go. I
recommend it as a deterrant. After every sip of alcohol, you MUST have swig of kale juice That may be my plan next time AV chatters, will shut it right up.

Day 6 here, can't wait to hit double digits!

Stay strong all! End of month closing in let's do it!
Im on it Sadie. Thank you.
Good to hear from you !
Old 02-25-2016, 05:28 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Glad to see everybody on here today .
BIG hugs
Old 02-25-2016, 05:28 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Just checking in, its the start of Day 21! I have made it 3 weeks!!! And to think 3 weeks ago I was at my lowest point. I've tried getting sober many times in the past but this time its different for me because I'm really trying to separate myself from my AV. And I'm very cautious because I may be fine one minute but the next I'm dying for a drink. I know the minute I let my guard down my AV will step in and I will slip up! Thank you all for the great posts, this is a really great group. Welcome all newbies. Happy Sober Thursday!!
Old 02-25-2016, 05:40 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Hey KNB, I can totally relate to your situation w drunken friend message! I didn't do it often but I for sure have drunk dialed and FB'd. Be glad you are no longer doing those things and try to let it go. I'd back off and give the guy space but don't get worked up about it happening - I know personally my drunken messages were not worth the energy

Day 15 (I think? Nice to start to lose track.) I'll be meeting my parents new pup tonight! And taking care of a task I've been procrastinating for quite some time. Lovely sober day ahead!
Old 02-25-2016, 05:41 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

3 weeks, WTG Njdellis!
Old 02-25-2016, 05:46 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Njd, all I can say is woohoo! Excellent job. And to everyone adding another sober day.

@knb, umm, Im actually 50plus a few. I was at my best in my early forties. 107 lbs, tan, blonde, athletic. After age 44, I started going downhill. Drinking too much, developed health problems, etc. My career was going nowhere. I began job hopping. My marriage was in trouble, and I was having concerns about my son. I wish now I would have got a handle on things then. The older you get, the harder it is to lose weight, for me, anyways .
Old 02-25-2016, 06:34 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by njdellis View Post
Just checking in, its the start of Day 21! I have made it 3 weeks!!! And to think 3 weeks ago I was at my lowest point. I've tried getting sober many times in the past but this time its different for me because I'm really trying to separate myself from my AV. And I'm very cautious because I may be fine one minute but the next I'm dying for a drink. I know the minute I let my guard down my AV will step in and I will slip up! Thank you all for the great posts, this is a really great group. Welcome all newbies. Happy Sober Thursday!!
Way to go!!
Old 02-25-2016, 06:34 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Congrats njdellis !

Maximus you aren't kiddin. I'm 30 over right now. I don't think I can deal with trying to lose weight at the moment- too much.
I know it doesn't slide off like it used to. I believe I'm coming insulin resistant also. My glucose was at the top of the normal scale o r one point out.
Gotta replace dinner with protein drinks or learn to make veggie slop drinks in a device. That's gonna be a new road for me, but I think it's the way to go, with my work schedule. There's so many nutri bullet looking things out there I've no idea what'll work without emptying my pockets on junk.
Old 02-25-2016, 06:39 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by maximus97 View Post
Njd, all I can say is woohoo! Excellent job. And to everyone adding another sober day.

@knb, umm, Im actually 50plus a few. I was at my best in my early forties. 107 lbs, tan, blonde, athletic. After age 44, I started going downhill. Drinking too much, developed health problems, etc. My career was going nowhere. I began job hopping. My marriage was in trouble, and I was having concerns about my son. I wish now I would have got a handle on things then. The older you get, the harder it is to lose weight, for me, anyways .
Yes its definitely more challenging but not impossible Maximus. I went on a twelve week fitness program last year. I did three sessions of weight training, and two sessions of cardio. I lost over ten pounds and gained a very toned body. Someone told me that my body liked like a 21 year old. I have slacked since early dec and put on 6 pounds but want to get back to that fitness level again.

Google Ernestine Shepherd. She is 79 and has a mind blowing fit body
Old 02-25-2016, 06:40 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Maximus- Also google "Wendy Ida". She is 61 years old and has a super fit body