Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 4

Old 02-24-2016, 01:44 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Doctor said flu-like virus is going around- also I have a middle ear infection. I've had cold for 2 weeks so sinus drainage may have caused it. Feel terrible, but not as bad as last night. Trying to rest but have the rampant unnatural worrying going on. I think that's directly detox related. Taken first dose of an antibiotic I've not ever taken. It's not a problem, just want to get better. No desire or thought of drinking.
Safe and sound, I'm sorry you slipped.
Very good of you to get right back here. That's not so easy to do.
This sounds like what I've been fighting. I've been sick for almost two weeks now, and it's getting old.
Old 02-24-2016, 01:49 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS TO:-

Outonthetiles - 3 WEEKS sober today (on day 22 today)

Old 02-24-2016, 01:54 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Safeandsound

Its good that you came in here and told us straight away. That's really good.

Whats done is done. Please don't continue the drinking today.

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on the horse as of today.

Are you going to join us today sober? You can join us regardless. We love hearing from you.
Old 02-24-2016, 01:59 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Cococo. I think you are missing "sleepy dots". I think this person posted a couple of weeks ago nod I remember. They said they had 31 days already.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:04 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Oh ok

I only went back 8 full days, I had to stop somewhere, as it was there were 40 pages to go through, and it took 3 hours to do the list

You can search members posting history, I might look up when Sleepydots last posted in here

EDIT/UPDATE, here you are...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post5809745

Sleepy is part of December 2015. Shes 58 days sober according to her post. She obviously just popped in the say hi, many people do. Or she may have hit the wrong thread.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:09 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Has anyone heard from......

DramaStudent (16/2/16 – day 27)
RustyBanjo (16/2/16 – day 15)
Siesta (16/2/16 – day 10)
StartingOverNW (18/2/16 – day 5)
Sadsadgirl (17/2/16 – day 3)
Chinaski (19/2/16 – day 4)
Ento (17/2/16 – day 1)
83mamaOf2 (21/2/16 – day 1)
Old 02-24-2016, 02:12 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cococo View Post
CONGRATULATIONS TO:-

Outonthetiles - 3 WEEKS sober today (on day 22 today)

Thanks, co X 3, I love the shoutout. I've learned a lot here in the past three weeks. I really can't express how grateful I am to everyone here. I literally would not have made made it this far without SR and everyone here. I don't go to meetings, I don't have a "plan" per se, but posting here and being part of an e*community works for me.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:16 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

knb02

How come you joined February and not January? Not saying youre not welcome here, everybody is! Just curious.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:18 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Oh ok

I only went back 8 full days, I had to stop somewhere, as it was there were 40 pages to go through, and it took 3 hours to do the list

You can search members posting history, I might look up when Sleepydots last posted in here

EDIT/UPDATE, here you are...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post5809745

Sleepy is part of December 2015. Shes 58 days sober according to her post. She obviously just popped in the say hi, many people do. Or she may have hit the wrong thread.
Ah ok. Makes sense. It's a great list
Old 02-24-2016, 02:21 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Thanks, co X 3, I love the shoutout. I've learned a lot here in the past three weeks. I really can't express how grateful I am to everyone here. I literally would not have made made it this far without SR and everyone here. I don't go to meetings, I don't have a "plan" per se, but posting here and being part of an e*community works for me.
Youre welcome, you deserve it!

Im similar to you.......I don't go to meetings, I don't have a plan as such and Im not really struggling that much (no bad physical withdrawl symptoms).

I don't know about you, but Im thinking perhaps its because I wasn't a very heavy drinker in alcoholic terms. I don't know. Don't get me wrong.......I have had physical withdrawl symptoms, just not that bad. I have more psychological withdrawl symptoms.

I do have a very loose plan. And I do need to concrete that up a bit. I am going to work on it this weekend. Type it up.

I don't know about you, but I think Ive nipped this thing in the bud at the right time, before I hit absolute rock bottom. In 1, 2 or 3 years time I know I would've progressed with my drinking and I would be very strongly physically and psychologically addicted and dependent on large amounts of alcohol over a 24 hour period.

I read some stories on here last night where they woke up at 4am shaking violently, sweating profusely and in a mental panic, they HAD to head for the spirits and have 6 shots of spirits to feel better, then went back to bed until 6am, then got up at 6am, knocked back another 2 shots of spirits and prepared a premix (alcohol and fizzy/juice) in a large coloured non see through sipper drink bottle for the day, then headed to work, then drank that by start of lunchtime, then headed to a bar at lunchtime for more drinks, then back to work, then rushed home from work and drank the night away until midnight, then woke up at 4am and repeat and repeat.

Im so glad I never let it get that bad. It probably would've though.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:21 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

knb02

How come you joined February and not January? Not saying youre not welcome here, everybody is! Just curious.
I actually joined my original class of Aug 2014 after a week or so of sobriety. It was Dee who suggested I joined the newcomers class as the members in the august 2014 have been sober for over a year.

It made sense and I am glad I did because I do feel like a newcomer
Old 02-24-2016, 02:22 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Yeah well done !!
Old 02-24-2016, 02:25 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Youre welcome, you deserve it!

Im exactly the same as you.......I don't go to meetings, I don't have a plan as such and Im not really struggling that much (no bad physical withdrawl symptoms). Perhaps because I wasn't a very heavy drinker in alcoholic terms. I don't know. Don't get me wrong.......I have had withdrawl symptoms, just not that bad. I have more psychological withdrawl symptoms.

I do have a very loose plan. And I do need to concrete that up a bit. I am going to work on it this weekend. Type it up.

I think we have nipped this thing in the bud at the right time by the sounds of it, before we hit rock bottom.
You probably have nipped it at the right time Cococo. I never lost my driving license, job etc but I hit spiritually rock bottom. I wasn't suicidal but I didn't care for much and only did what was necessary. I lost all joy in life. It was a very depressing and dark place to be in .
Old 02-24-2016, 02:30 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Coco, yes, today is Day 1, meaning the first sober day.

knb--not sure I understood your post about the UK. Are you asking if we're part of it? Living in Canada means I'm part of the Commonwealth, and we share a Queen, but that's as close as it gets!
Old 02-24-2016, 02:36 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Im not judging those people by the way. Im pleased they have shared their stories. And they did so for a reason. To inspire others. Im so glad I never let it get that bad. It probably would've though.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:41 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Knb02 - That makes complete sense. Im glad youre here. Stay with us as we all move in to March together!

Safeandsound - EXCELLENT. You are strong for getting straight up back on your horse. I think knb02 was just asking if you live in the UK. What are you doing today?
Old 02-24-2016, 02:44 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

My friend just told me she's genuinely really happy to have me back, she can enjoy her friend again instead of worrying about me all the time. I put her through so much grief with my drinking. She used to drive around looking for me because she knew I'd be passing out alone in a street somewhere in the dark. Man, I am not going back to that.

Calling myself OldTomato is tongue in cheek!

Congrats on 3 weeks of sobriety OOTT!!

Coco - Working on a plan sounds like a great idea, what kind of things are planning to include in it?

knb - I was in that place as well, it's horrible. I'm glad it's behind me now.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:51 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for the support. This is a really strong class. I am determined that this won't stop me. But I do need to watch out for anger and self-pity. The day before (Monday) I also felt like drinking, but H distracted me just long enough so that I didn't do it--need to remember that too. Even something silly like eating the samples at Costco is enough to make me focus on something besides the craving (yay snacks!) I also need to remember to write every day, including my gratitude list. I had not done that either Monday or Tuesday due to early morning meetings. Writing and seeing a counselor are new strategies for me this time around, and I believe those combined with SR are why I was even able to get a month. I've learned a lot and will keep going,--but with more alertness to the AV and a healthy fear of what could happen. What I think of the most is that I could kill myself or someone else drunk driving. Eeek.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:55 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Stopping in to say hello. Peeps, FYI, Im probably the old fart around this class. Over 50, and a few. Its ok though.

Bad news, I drank a few beers last night. My super day turned really ugly quick. I didnt want to fight it, so I caved. It tasted horrible, and I didnt get totaled like my usual pattern, it just set me back to day one. Im disappointed in myself, because I really do want sobriety. Im keeping positive tho, and I havent had any today.

Congrats to everyone here on your day count. Lets keep it going class.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:58 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

OldT - I dunno exactly whats gonna be in there yet, Im still thinking about some other areas of help other than SR, SR will be in the plan, but I need some other strategies, a back up plan if you will