Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 30

Old 02-19-2016, 09:47 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Love you, too, wolfie!!!!!
Old 02-19-2016, 10:35 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Croissant, sorry you had such a difficult day, but, as you and others have said, I think it is really good that you are in a place where you can feel these things and work through them. I agree with SL - I think only good things await you. You deserve it Hugs xxx
Old 02-19-2016, 10:36 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hi, Ladybug!!!
Old 02-19-2016, 11:01 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hi Leigh!
Old 02-19-2016, 12:40 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Ladybug & Leigh, Have a great day to the Australian Julyers
Old 02-19-2016, 12:48 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hi, sw!!!!
Old 02-19-2016, 01:31 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. I now know you have to feel these things. if it's bad enough, I guess it's then it motivates you to do something about it. There's nothing different I can "do", for this particular feeling, I had yesterday - other than continue to not drink.

In a strange little quirk, I actually woke up this morning motivated to do something I'm working on for my job. If all I have right now is my career, I'm grateful for it, because I nearly lost it, so I may as well be the best I can. The rest will come if it's meant to, when it's meant to.

I will just have a cry here and there about the other stuff, lol.
Old 02-19-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Do your best

Always Croiss x

Goodnight Julyers watching sopranos season 1 and season 2 was ordered today we also have house of cards season 1 to get started on

Have a nice day afternoon & evening everyone x
Old 02-19-2016, 03:13 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better Croissant and SnoozyQ!

Hi all. Have a nice day/night!
Old 02-19-2016, 04:05 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Always Croiss x

Goodnight Julyers watching sopranos season 1 and season 2 was ordered today we also have house of cards season 1 to get started on

Have a nice day afternoon & evening everyone x

Goodnight, sw; sleep well.
Old 02-19-2016, 04:23 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you feel better today Crois - I have the sense good things are ahead for you too

Have a good time in Toronto Leshar - break a leg as they say!

I hope everyone has a good weekend

D
Old 02-19-2016, 06:58 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Goodnight, all. See you tomorrow.
Old 02-19-2016, 07:20 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Thanks Leigh, Ladybug, sw and Thanks Dee. Hope you are having a good weekend too.

Went and had breakfast with my daughter, got a haircut and bought myself an early birthday present all by lunchtime. 3 years ago I would have been drunk by this time of day. Especially after a day like yesterday.

My daughter is concerned my son is smoking too much marijuana and wants me to talk to him. I thought he'd stopped or cut it down a few years ago, but apparently it's picked up again pretty bad. I did have some worries that he might have started again, seems my concerns were justified. Funny, (not funny) I don't even know the best way of how to do this.
Old 02-19-2016, 08:01 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's a topic I read about fairly regularly down in the Pot forum Crois.

Some of the answers are a little boofhead, and reflect the great ambivalance some folks have about pot...but there's some good stuff there too.

You could do worse than take a look down there

D
Old 02-19-2016, 10:27 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
It's a topic I read about fairly regularly down in the Pot forum Crois.

Some of the answers are a little boofhead, and reflect the great ambivalance some folks have about pot...but there's some good stuff there too.

You could do worse than take a look down there

D
Thanks Dee. I'm really worried because he's close to the age where it became problematic for his Father.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:47 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I responded earlier Crois, and erased as I'm not feeling great right now, and I wasn't sure I was making sense.

I am not a parent, but I am a recovering addict. Grass. For many years.
In my experience, it is no different than alcohol. Being confronted can cause denial, and anger.

I think it is a good idea to talk to your son in a comfortable environment for both of you, and simply ask him if this is a problem for him. Open the dialogue....give him a chance to hear you and know that you care, and to think about this. Sometimes just knowing that others are worried can be a catalyst for change.

Just my thoughts. ♥
Old 02-19-2016, 11:15 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Aww Venus. Thanks for trying....boy, I understand. Sometimes my posts get too emotional and I give up! I appreciate you tried, I really do!xx

I think you are right about the confrontational aspect. None of us want to hear. So I'm reading here and thinking through my approach. This has come up before with him - a few times. He knows I've been concerned and there have been periods where he's come to me and said how glad he is he stopped. But it's crept back in.

We've had open discussions, (confrontations to stop) both ways on each other's addictions a few years back. He's pleaded with me to stop drinking once before, maybe 7 years ago. We are almost carbon copies. Addiction tricked us to become the very thing we hated in our own addict/alcoholic same-sex parent.

I think pot is insidious in some ways as its seen as "just a relaxant"....it's funny, I'd noticed he'd isolated a bit, and wondered. It seems my suspicions were correct.

I actually was thinking of writing it to him in a letter, so it's not as painful face to face for him. He will know deep down he wants to stop and we've talked about this before. It's going to be hard, but it has to be done.
Old 02-19-2016, 11:17 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

I often wonder if my future would have been different had my parents sat mne down...but it's one of those unanswerable questions now.

Your son is lucky that he has a mum willing to fight for him, as well as a mum who has a clue about addiction Crois

D
Old 02-19-2016, 11:19 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Venus, forgive me. I've waffled on about myself for the past 24 hours. Are you ok?xx
Old 02-19-2016, 11:22 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I think the letter is a wonderful idea Crois!

For me, grass was my overwhelming issue for many years. In fact, I started drinking to stop smoking. I believe it is a very dangerous drug. But that's just my opinion.

And your posts are never too emotional love; I fell this morning, and re-activated the stress fracture in my foot. So I am grumpy and sore. And annoyed. I have injured myself way more sober than I ever did while I was drinking.