SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 3 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/385163-class-february-2016-support-thread-part-3-a.html)

Dee74 02-16-2016 03:09 PM

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 3

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-21.html

D

LBrain 02-16-2016 03:11 PM

Glad to see this thread getting a lot of use. Keep on.

Chinaski 02-16-2016 03:20 PM

Thanks everyone for the kind words. The flooding could have been much worse, it was basically contained to the kitchen and bathroom so there wasn't really anything that be could damaged on the floor. It was just a big big mess to clean up. My landlord was right on it though he was also trying to contain the much worse mess in his home at the same time. My dad came over with his shop vac and a gigantic pile of old towels. That helped tremendously. My kitchen floor hasn't been this clean in a long time!

Having dinner with family now. Glad to be back on the right path.

CountryChick 02-16-2016 03:54 PM

I made it home without stopping for a beer. I got a pizza at Little Ceasers instead. I ate a piece on the way home, instead of chugging a beer. I took a hot shower & I feel alot better. I'm so glad I didn't give in.
Camryn you were right, thank you so much! Beer would've ruined a peaceful night at home...
Facing Future I am going to stay sober for the rest of the night & I hope you do as well. I will try to get on the chat at 9:00, I've never done it either.

Camryn474 02-16-2016 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by njdellis (Post 5800125)
I made it home without stopping for a beer. I got a pizza at Little Ceasers instead. I ate a piece on the way home, instead of chugging a beer. I took a hot shower & I feel alot better. I'm so glad I didn't give in.
Camryn you were right, thank you so much! Beer would've ruined a peaceful night at home...
Facing Future I am going to stay sober for the rest of the night & I hope you do as well. I will try to get on the chat at 9:00, I've never done it either.

YES!! Absolutely awesome! This just made my night and subsequently killed the craving I was having. Thank you for being strong and getting through that and sharing your success. Enjoy your pizza!

Oroszlan 02-16-2016 04:24 PM

Hi everyone. I just came back to SR and am currently on day 2. I would like to join the class if it is ok.?

bluedog97 02-16-2016 04:51 PM

Evening everyone. Having a rough day too. I think this is a critical point. I can either drink over it and escape or face it head on and stay sober. This time I choosing #2. I'm going to another meeting.

Trying times. Hang in everyone, yalls success motivates me

HighDraw18 02-16-2016 04:56 PM

Hey guys!

If you're craving hang in there - you'll feel a lot better if you ride it out and don't drink. It's worth it.

FacingFuture 02-16-2016 05:03 PM

njdellis: Great job on being strong! Way to go!:tyou

Wife came home early from the gym, so I won't be making the meeting, but I haven't and won't be drinking tonight. Thanks for not drinkig with me tonight!

Just some dinner, family play time then a nice cozy book in the works for tonight.

Dee74 02-16-2016 05:06 PM

Welcome back Oroszlan :)

The thing that kept me going was the know;edge that if I drank again I'd just end up back at this point again someday....

I'd given 20 years to drinking and 30 years to drugs...it seems a reasonable ask to give a few months to recovery and see what happened :)

stay with it guys :)

D

Outonthetiles 02-16-2016 05:14 PM

I just got over a cold or flu on Feb 3 or4, and now I'm sick again. Is this normal?

I started feeling achy and chilled this morning and by noon I was feeling terrible.

This would have been a trigger, but I made it home without stopping and I'm safely in for the night. No alcohol on the premises.

KarenOskie 02-16-2016 05:18 PM

Hi everyone. I've been reading your posts and getting a lot of help from them. I am still struggling with this! I hate the cravings so much. I don't want to want to drink! I know from experience that it gets better. I just have to hang in there. I do best when I go to AA, but I didn't go again tonight. I want to check in on the chat meeting tonight, but last time I tried it said I have to have Java, then I loaded Java even though I already had it and I knew it, and it still said that. I will try again tonight. I hope to see you guys there!

Dee74 02-16-2016 05:20 PM

sometimes you need to uninstall the old Java too Karen?

http://www.java.com/en/download/uninstallapplet.jsp
D

bluedog97 02-16-2016 05:23 PM

Well I went and there were only 2 people there so I left. I got home and realized I should have gone in and sat down. I'll try again tomorrow. I did go to a noon meeting today.

Thanks for keeping the thread going everyone.

KarenOskie 02-16-2016 05:32 PM

Hey Bluedog, it doesn't start until 9 eastern time. You may have gone in early if you're in another time zone. I tried again to download, including deleting the old Java (thanks Dee), but it's because I have Windows 10 and Google Chrome. I tried to download internet explorer but it just loaded a bunch of trash. I will get my son to help, he's a wizard at this stuff. Won't be tonight though. :wah:

bluedog97 02-16-2016 05:57 PM

KO, I actually went to a f2f meeting. Haven't tried the online meeting here yet. Maybe it's something I'll look into.

Dee74 02-16-2016 06:22 PM

Java won't work on Google Chrome I'm afraid. Try another browser Karen?

D

StartingOverNW 02-16-2016 07:01 PM

Checking in at end of day 4. Very long day at work. One of the senior executives came by and dumped a bunch of work on our team so now we might be in a bit of a death march. Hopefully not, we'll see how the next week(s) play out. Not good timing for me, but no cravings, just a lot of fatigue.

I hope everyone else is doing alright. I'm off to eat and hit the sack.

kittycat3 02-16-2016 07:06 PM

Welcome Oros :)
Day 6. Feeling flashes of anger and frustration and now I'm really tired. But I'm sober! I'm allowing myself extra chocolate this week!

Chinaski 02-16-2016 08:28 PM

End of day 2. Tired from dealing with the apartment flooding but also feeling satisfied it was all handled properly. Glad to be going to bed sober again tonight. Thanks to everyone who shared in here today.