Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 3

Old 02-22-2016, 09:29 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Amazingjoy, great share. TY.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:08 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Day 8 coming to an end. My sweet tooth has returned with all might. Rather chocolate than drinking.
AV was busy whispering in my ear today on my way home. I managed to resist. Had a nice long swim when i got home and the cravings dissapeared.
Hope everyone is having a good sober monday.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:36 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

I'm back on day 1 too. I'm beginning to question if I can do this. I think I'm having a problem admitting I'm powerless, not just over alcohol, but other things too, mainly people. I have a very difficult time letting go. Just needed to post, I can't give up.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:42 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Blue dog I think every day we are sober is a day we aren't poisoning ourselves.
My goal is abstinence, so I'm down to hammering myself if I drink 1-3 days . Doesn't matter to me now how much I drink or not. I feel the after effects in my thinking and foggy headedness . I "forget" all the resolve I have on day one or two.
AV, I'm thinking
Old 02-22-2016, 11:21 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bluedog97 View Post
I'm back on day 1 too. I'm beginning to question if I can do this. I think I'm having a problem admitting I'm powerless, not just over alcohol, but other things too, mainly people. I have a very difficult time letting go. Just needed to post, I can't give up.
You can't give up. There is another post here on newcomers, it really is life or death. You should read that. It serves as a great reminder that our recovery truly is deciding between life and death. You can do it!
Old 02-22-2016, 11:35 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
Morning. Just off to work so I can't write a lengthy post. There is so much I wish to address in reference to bullying, paranoia, treadmills , tiredness and AV lol...will catch up later .
Hi knb

What did you wish to address?

Congrats on 4 weeks!
Old 02-22-2016, 11:39 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Just ate a whole box of girl scout cookies, being mindful of HALT. It was the only food handy.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:43 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

There are worse things one could be doing Sadie. Id rather eat an entire packet of biscuits (cookies) than drink
Old 02-22-2016, 11:49 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Hi, everyone.

It's so good to hear people coming on here and holding themselves accountable and trying again. It's comforting to know people relapse because I've done it so often; the AV pops up when you least expect it (last sober time, it was when I was feeling too happy and healthy, if that makes any sense).

Having really specific plans for specific triggers has helped this time so far. For example, anger is huge for me, so learning to take a few breaths or walk away if necessary helps.

My first outpatient meeting today. Not sure how I feel about the group yet. It took 4 hours with meetings and travel, and there will be other days that are just as busy or more. I don't want to get overwhelmed, and my counsellor is wary of that too. We'll see.

knb I have 28 days today, too! Glad we have the same birthday in case I forget I totally relate to the loud AV and the self-pity for not being able to drink normally. When I'm thinking clearly, which certainly isn't always, I tell myself that other people have worse physical, mental, and health problems, some of which are irreversible/incurable. At least I can do something about my alcoholism.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:55 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Day 18. Can't believe how empty my recycling bin is. It used to be spilling over with wine bottles and beer cans.

Stay strong everyone.
Old 02-22-2016, 12:10 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Now I want cookies!
Old 02-22-2016, 12:14 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 5upersonic View Post
Day 18. Can't believe how empty my recycling bin is. It used to be spilling over with wine bottles and beer cans.

Stay strong everyone.
Same story here. The amount of empties I was recycling was huge. I would actually use a couple different glass drop boxes to keep the neighbors from talking.
Old 02-22-2016, 12:22 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Hello. Warning looong post!

Safeand sound-HEY! High five! We are twins.

Amazingjoy- Thanks for sharing. It shows you how powerful this addiction is. I have always worried about being too intoxicated if there was an emergency. I could never forgive myself if I was too drunk to be of any use..It makes me feel so ashamed of the times I did neglect my son. Heres to making a better life for us and our children

Cococo- I am in with a tally count.You gonna start a class tracker? Completely ignore women like them. They sound very small minded.
Great minds discuss ideas:average minds discuss events:small minds discuss people.
But I have to be honest and say that they would have def smelt AL on your breath. I work in retail and I can tell if someone has had a glass of wine during the day. It smells so strong! I dread to think what my customers thought of my breath. I use to stand a foot away from them. It made me so paranoid. By the way I love Oreo biscuits too and I also look up workouts on youtube. No point buying fitness dvds anymore as they are free on youtube. What you gonna do tomorrow? I think I will do a HIIT. When I joined SR , I went back to my old class of AUG 2014 ( I still post there) and Dee suggested to join feb class. I listen to Dee cause she is the boss. LOL

5upersonic- was thinking the same about empty bottles..havnt seen any in ages and my bins are full of soft stuff that doesn’t rattling when its emptied. As for my dishwasher, its full of coffee cups and not a wine glass in site. I like it!

Orozslan- Exercise helps. I bought myself a treadmill last week and ran for the first time in three months. It felt great!! Go for it! Today I ran 5km in 37mins. Will try to aim for under 30 minutes..eventually.

360startstoday- I have only had one drinking dream. It was a weird one..I was in a japanease restaurant and I drank someone’s sparkling wine by mistake. I remember tasting it my mouth. However, I didn’t drink the rest..Which is a good sign. I was hanging out with Simon Cowell..bizarre lol. Did you try out your treadmill today? Try the app sobertool. This counts days and money
Time2rise-Sounds really interesting..buddhism and meditation. Can you suggest any books that I can read on buddism? I was always intrigued by this way of thinking. What about meditation? Can you suggest anything on youtube?

Kittykat, Ladybug and Oldtomato- No one really knew how serious my drinking really was as I did my daily drinking at home and being a single mum gave me the freedom to drink without anyone telling me off. I did lots of things to hide my drinking from people..I would drink from a coffee cup in front of my son or have a secret bottle stashed in my bag if I was staying over where the AL is limited.Or tell people that I only drink at weekends. Close family would tell me that I drink too much. But they never use that word “alcoholic” because they thought I only needed to moderate. But I know I am an alcoholic. Its a relief to accept this as I can do something about it. I.E Not pick up that first drink whatever the cost.

Applekat- Are you also attending AA meetings? I don’t have a sponsor as yet. I havnt found anyone I really like to be honest. I am also really tired around 4pm. It could be the sugar intake I have had in the past four weeks. I am going to eat less sugar and see what happens

Cutengay_ Were we in the same class once? I recognise your name..

sansaS- You are doing really well too. What plans do you have this time?

JL2014 and everyone else struggling- Just don’t give up. Keep trying. You are only a failure when you stop trying.

Hello to feb class... Optimist, tiredofme, maximus, mns1, Karen,outonthetiles,facingfuture, hawkeye, forabetterlife,freedom,83mama,amazingjoy, safeandsound, soberjim, mel12, Sadie, badger, supersonic,sleepydots, hawkeye, njdellis,time2rise, bluedog

Sorry if I have missed out your name

Had a great run..ate a healthy meal of salmon and rice. Its been a good day
Old 02-22-2016, 12:24 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Damn. Now I feel like having cookies..
Old 02-22-2016, 12:25 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Infact there are oreos in my cupboard. Nope! No sugar this week. Ah man this sucks.
Sod it. Gonna have some oreos
Old 02-22-2016, 12:29 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Now I want cookies!
I highly recommend the Samoas. I think they are called Carmel Delights in some parts of the country. When I was a girl scout it was hard not to eat up my inventory

Absolutely killed any thoughts of wine today with the sugar overload!
Old 02-22-2016, 12:30 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Hello max and knb! Former classmates . Wow this class is big and posts a lot. I like it! today is Day 2 and I feel good. I'm a binge drinker I can go weeks or months then pick up and it's off n running a few days in a row non stop. It's affected soo much in my life after it seems to be finally coming together,. This last binge was 4 days. Followed by 4 recovering then slipped on a few sips so that's why my day 2 is not my normal day 2. I hope I can get it this time and turn everything around once and for all.
Old 02-22-2016, 12:46 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sadie1 View Post
I highly recommend the Samoas. I think they are called Carmel Delights in some parts of the country. When I was a girl scout it was hard not to eat up my inventory

Absolutely killed any thoughts of wine today with the sugar overload!
Well done Sadie. Woop woop!
Old 02-22-2016, 12:49 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
Hello max and knb! Former classmates . Wow this class is big and posts a lot. I like it! today is Day 2 and I feel good. I'm a binge drinker I can go weeks or months then pick up and it's off n running a few days in a row non stop. It's affected soo much in my life after it seems to be finally coming together,. This last binge was 4 days. Followed by 4 recovering then slipped on a few sips so that's why my day 2 is not my normal day 2. I hope I can get it this time and turn everything around once and for all.
Hmm. Not saying that it's good but the fact that you stop after a few days is good. It would take me weeks or months to stop after a relapse. Do you drink dangerously when you binge?
Old 02-22-2016, 12:54 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  

JL and Bluedog: You guys have got this. We've all been there. You guys know it gets better, even if it's hard to see it right now. Just remember for the first ~3 days you are still going to feel kind of depressed. It's the poison, not you.

5upersonic & OutOnTheTiles: Same here with the recycling. Although in the end there I'd go to great lengths to hide the empties with other recycling.

Well, Day 8 here, and starting to feel like myself again. I'm rooting for each of you to have a great day!