Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 3

Old 02-21-2016, 07:45 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
Hi Apple! good too see you again..
You too, Cute.
I am doing the, couple weeks/month sober time, then relapse, dance.

Tired of it.
Old 02-21-2016, 08:47 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Hi Apple - please don't get annoyed with me for saying this - but you should've tipped the rest of the bottle out down the sink - but I think you know already know that.

I would never judge you, I couldn't possibly, because Ive left half bottles many times before and NEVER tipped them out, even though Ive said "that's it, no more alcohol ever" to myself. I realise now, if I had of been serious about no more alcohol, then I would've tipped it out, but I didn't.

Im not suggesting youre not serious about it, Im just saying how it was for me. Deep down I knew I wasn't.

But I am now.

Congratulations for trying again. Ok so its day 1 again, big deal. We have ALL have many many day 1's. It doesn't matter to any of us that youre "behind" as you call it. You aren't behind at all in fact. Behind would be if you were drinking, and youre not today are you. Im only on day 3. Day 1 is GREAT DAY Apple. And you are completely welcome here regardless of what day it is.

Please don't beat yourself up about it. Think positive. Think "Applekat, you CAN and WILL do this"

And we will help you all the way
Old 02-21-2016, 10:25 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

I'm still sick and feel terrible. I can have theraflu, right?
Old 02-22-2016, 12:48 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Morning. Just off to work so I can't write a lengthy post. There is so much I wish to address in reference to bullying, paranoia, treadmills , tiredness and AV lol...will catch up later .

Just wanted to share how my nasty AV nearly caught me out yesterday ..

I learnt to ski yesterday with my son and it's was fun. But three hours later I was exhausted and I needed a refreshment for the drive back home. No cafe in the ski centre, just a restaurant with a huge bar. Oh my God. I had to order my coffee at the bar and all those bottles were GLOWING! They were advertising a certain glass of wine and the thought of ordering one made me salivate. My AV started screaming. It was deafening. I ordered a coffee and a cake and left ASAP.

But I battled with intense sadness that I couldn't drink...that I can't ever drink..how unfair it was..wished I was normal ( but let's face it, a normal drinker wouldn't be bothered if they drank or not so they wouldn't be beating themselves up that they can't have a glass of wine). Ugh. Felt extremely sorry for myself for ten minutes.

But it went! That craving went. And that's the secret. To just ride it out and ignore it.

Day 28 and grateful to wake up sober this morning. Speak to you later guys
Old 02-22-2016, 01:20 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

You are doing so well knb02! I know exactly what you mean by the glowing bottles.
I am on day 15 here. Can't believe I've made 2 weeks! I do feel like I'm heading into dangerous territory now though. I've done 3 weeks and a month before and then ended up drinking more than ever before. My plan is different this time, I've added a few different things so hoping that helps me through.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:18 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

I'm beginning Day 3 with a headache, but thankful it's not a hangover :-)
Will read posts later tonight when I get home from work.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 02-22-2016, 02:44 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Cococo try not to let the toxic women get to you I was in a situation before christmas where I let one person sabatage my sobrity they are so not worth it.

Another peaceful sober weekend yesterday my av showed up but I was derermined not to give in and the craving didnt stay to long.

Next weekend is going to be a whole different ball game I am going on holidays and the last sober one I had was when I was a kid totally new teritory and just to add to the mix its all inclusive arrrg. It was a good idea when I agreed to go but I was drinking then. Lucky there is Wifi in the rooms so can keep SR close.

Lets have another sober day Feb class.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:57 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think if you posted here Applekat you'd get several replies before too long?

Congrats knb and anyone else hitting a milestone today

get well soon outonthetiles

D
Old 02-22-2016, 02:59 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Out - Awww I hope you feel better soon

Knb - Skiing is fun aye? It gives you good workout. You will sleep well tonight. That is really quite disgusting that the establishment only had a bar filled with booze, and no café with food, tea or coffee! Ive actually been thinking recently, its not surprising that alcohol addiction is slowly on the rise. In my country at least. 1) Diaries (milk bars in Australia, don't know what they call them in the USA) sell alcohol now. That's ridiculous, that's where people go in between grocery/supermarket shopping to buy top ups like bread and milk or buy an ice cream, ice block or bag of chips (crisps I think theyre called in the USA). Kids frequent diaries afterschool. 2) Supermarkets (grocery stores) sell alcohol now too. 3) I have seen MANY more small time liquor stores pop up ALL over town. It is ridiculous. Anyway (rant over)......you did amazing to ignore the alcohol. You are our shining star reaching 28 days! Are you not in January though?......just curious......do you like us better haha.

Sansa - Big hugs your way for doing 2 weeks. Stay strong and focused.

Optimist - Its midnight here right now!, so Ive officially just completed day 3! And you are just about finished day 3. You and I should stick together. I had a mild headache yesterday and today, but nothing that 2 large glasses of water didn't supress.

I had quite a good day today actually. I was dreading it because historically its the day I give in. Ive had dozens of fails on day 3. So, I am quite pleased with myself. I had a handful of fleeting moments when AV started up, but I managed to shut her down quite quickly and successfully.

Im looking forward to day 4!

Night night.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:03 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I think if you posted here Applekat you'd get several replies before too long?

Congrats knb and anyone else hitting a milestone today

get well soon outonthetiles

D
OMG YES she would. Im on here all the bloody time haha. And so are many others.

We cant help and encourage you Apple unless we know you need us, unless you reach out to us.

Please realise we DO KNOW EAXCTLY what youre going through. Most, if not all, of us have been there dozens and dozens of times.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:13 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tiredofme View Post
Cococo try not to let the toxic women get to you I was in a situation before christmas where I let one person sabatage my sobrity they are so not worth it.

Another peaceful sober weekend yesterday my av showed up but I was derermined not to give in and the craving didnt stay to long.

Next weekend is going to be a whole different ball game I am going on holidays and the last sober one I had was when I was a kid totally new teritory and just to add to the mix its all inclusive arrrg. It was a good idea when I agreed to go but I was drinking then. Lucky there is Wifi in the rooms so can keep SR close.

Lets have another sober day Feb class.
Too right! I will not let them make me feel like utter sh*t ever again! Stupid b*tches haha! Wealthy snobby bored housewife syndrome I think. And as somebody else pointed out - going by statistics ironically theres bound to be a couple of them with some sort of alcohol problem. Instead of facing their own reality......lets pick on Cococo instead......that will take the emphasis off the fact that theyre probably an alcoholic too, or at least dependent on alcohol. I know several of them do drink a lot. As for being alcoholics though......only they themselves know that. Im proud of myself for admitting I am!

I have an extremely low opinion of them as they are the sort of people who kick a dog when its down. I ABSOLUTELY DETEST that in a person.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:14 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Hey everyone,

Ive been around, reading alot, not posting much,so just checking in on my class. Im ok, had to restart my day count once again, like sooo many times before. I get some time in, then its always the same old cycle. Its truly the hardest thing I have ever encountered. Its scary, its cunning, and baffling . But, Im still holding on to the faith I will overcome this. I just have to give myself a fair shot at this. I cant even make one week anymore. Pathetic. But, so true. Progressive, horrible monster!

Good to see how much this class has grown since the beginning. Thats truly awesome, and inspiring to me. Ive been in alot of classes, unfortunately, but this one seems to be a biggie. Loving it, hope we all stick together. Support is so important.

Things here still rough with my family situation, my Moms health issues, and Im having some medical concerns myself. Im trying to take it in stride, and deal with it all, without drinking over it. Drinking only makes it way worse, doesnt solve a damn thing, and only adds to the problems .

Great to see cute here, and so many others. I need to get caught up with the posts, and be more active here. Lets be sober today.

Later on class
Old 02-22-2016, 03:17 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Not feeling great today, Mondays are always the worst for me, I feel weak after battling through the weekend. I get anxious about stupid little things when I'm sober and it makes me just want to have a drink and forget it all. But I'm not going to, I'm on Day 7, so at the end of this day I'll be one whole week sober!!! Not gonna throw that away just because my AV's giving me a little grief. I'm going to a meeting later and seeing my sponsor so I just need to hold out until then.

knb - I'm proud of you for staying strong in that situation, the temptation is so strong and it's not easy at all to pull yourself away from it. It's crazy how I can see alcohol as a poison, but as soon as I see it in the supermarket it feels like I'm in love with it all over again!! Like you said, the secret is to just ride it out and know that it's going to pass.

Sansa - Good thinking, I always try something new each time I try to quit. There's no use trying techniques that haven't worked in the past! Stay strong and keep us updated.

tiredofme - Have you got plans of how you're going to keep yourself busy without alcohol on your holiday? Don't stress about it too much, one day at a time. I know you can stay strong.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:21 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Welcome to the class maximus, I hope you can make your sobriety stick this time around. You're right, drinking doesn't make things better at all. It just adds to the problem! Addiction is crazy. Are you getting any kind of support for your drinking? Attending meetings, seeing an addiction counselor, etc.?
Old 02-22-2016, 03:25 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you Max

D
Old 02-22-2016, 03:26 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Morning everyone day 21

Hope everyone had a great weekend and keep up the good work!

Maximus sorry to hear of all those problems but like you said drinking will not help stay close to us
Old 02-22-2016, 03:36 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, I am back to day one again. Feeling awful. I'm determined to make this work this time. I've been so stressed out with my new job that I haven't been able to stick to my plan. I have to find a way to put staying sober first in my life, but still keep the job since I do have to pay the bills. I didn't drink yesterday, but I used another substance, one I don't like very much but helps with hangovers. I'm so tired of being sick!
Old 02-22-2016, 03:43 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Karen

D
Old 02-22-2016, 03:45 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Karen - Sometimes I wish we could just press pause on life so we can focus on our recovery! Stressful situations are so much harder, and new jobs are pretty high up on that list. Are you getting any kind of support - meetings, counseling, etc.? Feel free to vent here. Keep us updated!
Old 02-22-2016, 03:55 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Yes Oldtomato, I do attend meetings, and have seen a therapist. Addiction really is pure insanity, I agree. Stay the course friend, 1 week is a great accomplishment. Im still working for that one.

Thanks Dee, glad to be around SR. Always good company.

Karen, sorry you drank again. I know I always feel that way too after I have setback. Yes, stress is a huge trigger for me as well. You will find a way. Keep adding new recovery tools. Most importantly, use them. Thats one of my big problems, I decide not to use them. Like Dee says, making a recovery plan and implementing it are so important. Something I havent done so well myself.