Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 3

Old 02-19-2016, 01:42 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Im off now everyone, I hope you all have successful days/nights wherever you are.

My SOLE GOAL, FOCUS AND MISSION FOR THE WEEKEND - NO alcohol.

I will report here back tonight or in the morning, or earlier if I feel myself struggling, to let you all know how day 1 went.

Coco X
Old 02-19-2016, 01:46 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Coco - Being aware of the hold alcohol has on you and the crazy things it makes you do is a good starting point. If you could take your son to the supermarket with you that'd be great. I have to admit, I found myself pausing in front of the pre-mixed vodka yesterday and it was very difficult to walk away from but I did it. I'm feeling better than I have done in months and I don't want to sacrifice it all on a binge.

Thanks for sharing Time2Rise, it's very true.
Old 02-19-2016, 01:46 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Bye Coco, keep checking back and good luck!!
Old 02-19-2016, 01:58 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cococo View Post
Im off now everyone, I hope you all have successful days/nights wherever you are.

My SOLE GOAL, FOCUS AND MISSION FOR THE WEEKEND - NO alcohol.

I will report here back tonight or in the morning, or earlier if I feel myself struggling, to let you all know how day 1 went.

Coco X
Be strong. Come here for support. A lot of good folk here.
Old 02-19-2016, 02:05 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

I haven't had a drink for nearly three weeks and tonight was by far the hardest night. My AV and I had a long debate and the AV nearly won. Eventually I settled watching a subtitled film and the internal battle quietened. I have not watched TV sober in years, including during a three month sober stint , so that is one hurdle over. I am glad to be going to bed sober.
For those of you with a yammering AV in your ear- tell it to shove off. We can all wake up fresh and free
Old 02-19-2016, 02:32 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Well done for staying strong Carlygirl, the AV can be pretty persuasive when it wants to be. Watching TV sober is great... you don't have to go back and rewatch everything you were too drunk to remember!
Old 02-19-2016, 02:42 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Carlygirl.. It is a wonderful feeling knowing you will wake up sober. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks for me yet my AV is persistent.
Old 02-19-2016, 02:56 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

safe friday everyone! I'm just checkin in to commit to another sober weekend. they feel good and i like them!!
wishing you guys all the best
Old 02-19-2016, 03:33 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Hi soberjim I'm 3 weeks sober tomorrow too- kept putting my recovery a day ahead (wishful thinking?!) so looking forward to marking off 3 weekends too.
I may now be addicted to sugar and my moods are a bit all over the place but I'm a thousand times happier than I was 3 weeks ago and even when I feel low it's not 'hungover, anxious, shameful low' so that's good enough for me! Have a great weekend
Old 02-19-2016, 04:15 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

I've been uber busy at work, we have a secretary who melted down and I'm having to do some of her work as well as my own. I don't mind because it keeps me really busy.

The day is coming to an end on the west coast, and I'm a little worried about relapse. It's been a hard week and I've been doing well and I'm afraid I'll become overconfident. It's funny, because I felt like my sobriety was more secure in the first week than now.
Old 02-19-2016, 04:20 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

You got this Outonthetiles! I'm on day 14! TWO WEEKS!!!
Old 02-19-2016, 04:31 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Think I've got the Friday blues - that feeling that I could drink all weekend and it wouldn't matter. Going to a meeting at 8, even though my body is screaming No! That means I should definitely go.

Time to hunker down
Old 02-19-2016, 04:44 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Way to go Bluedog. I have the Friday blues too and was tempted to accept a HH invite I got from a coworker who was going out for margaritas. I declined the invite and came straight home and will call my mom to see how she is doing.

Hugs to all who are struggling or lonely tonight. Even if I feel down or lonely it is better to be sober and safe.
Old 02-19-2016, 04:46 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Hey Team! Been super busy with work today. I need to catch up on posts.

Day 5 here almost at an end.

Does anyone use the Sober Weekender threads? How do those work? Do we post our plans for the weekend?
Old 02-19-2016, 04:52 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to everyone hitting milestones today but especially 5upersonic, Ladybug, 360, delizadee, cloudstrife & knb
Old 02-19-2016, 05:04 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Here to commit to another full weekend! It's so silly really how "Friday = Reward" day...and I keep telling my AV to shut up and get the heck outta here. I'm rewarding myself with remembering a family movie together tonight and waking up with joy and peace and not regret and shame. And I might throw something sugary into mix tonight which I would never have done otherwise. Drinks were always "enough" snack...but tonight I might be breaking into a brownie or a "brookie" as they call the kind mixed with a top layer of cookie and bottom layer of brownie.

And I'm sure it will all taste so much better without "numb" taste buds. :-)
Old 02-19-2016, 06:18 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FacingFuture View Post
H

Does anyone use the Sober Weekender threads? How do those work? Do we post our plans for the weekend?
I usually just post that I'm committed to not drinking for the weekend. However, many people do post about their plans for the weekend, and many posters have back and forth discussions with each other.

Other than committing to staying sober for the weekend (and seeking support to follow through with that commitment), there's really no set rules that I'm aware of. Give it a try.
Old 02-19-2016, 06:54 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Went to the meeting. That meeting place is not for me. I've been there numerous times and have never felt welcomed there. It's just cliquey, like high school. Seems to contradict the principles of AA. It's AA, not club AA.

Anyway, just venting. My AV is working overtime. It's unfortunate going to a meeting and feeling worse when you leave than before you went.

Way to go, Kittycat! Glad you had the fortitude to turn down the invite.
Old 02-19-2016, 06:59 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Thanks BD. I am feeling sorry for myself though. Why can't my brain let go of the thought that I need alcohol to have fun????
I am looking forward to a productive and fun weekend with no alcohol but tonight I'll be just hanging here on the couch....
Old 02-19-2016, 07:14 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

I'm right there with you, kc. I think demoralized is how I feel. IOP doesn't want me there. AA doesn't want me there. What kind of bizarro world is this?

Hang in there. I'll keep checking back in. Maybe some others will come around to cheer us up.