Notices

One Year & Over Part 35

Old 03-08-2016, 07:10 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey all!
FBL I am looking forward to your write up after seeing Mom's new dig and buddies. 72 today here, more below.

Wolf,
Amazon and Netflix seem to be in a race to produce more, and better content than everyone else put together. I love the new "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" for sheer fun and nonsense. It all started with a nutjob abducting her and keeping her in a bomb shelter to supposedly stay alive as the world above ended and then they are rescued 20 year later or so. It is the Mork and Mindy of today, except Kimmy is the one from another time.

Good video Mesa, I played as a DJ weekends from 1983-2003 and worked full time shooting and running the Small arms ranges daily from 1975 to 1998. I was kind of OK until last year and a fungal infect took half of my good ear hearing away.

Hey Sassy! I guess you have a good perspective on finding the right group and place to become engaged instead of stored.

Toots!
You know what I mean. And the muse takes off in disgust with no hope of the clever wordsmithing and thoughts that seem to unravel of their own accord.

IP that sounds like fun! You're young, the work is worth it if you love it.

Guys we are flooded. I mean it is really bad and it is only day one of a full week of storms. Watch the news, I am in NW Louisiana. Thank goodness we are 24 inches off the ground on a new dirt pad and concrete. This is the worst I've seen for one day of rain.
Old 03-08-2016, 07:28 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you stay safe and dry Itch.

D
Old 03-08-2016, 08:53 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thanks Dee,
So far only a foot of water in the front yard. No flooding up to the house. However, when you see in the news about water rescues and flooded homes we are in the middle of the worst.

We received 9" of rain between 2pm and now 10:30pm.

We have rain forecast through to next week, and they just forecast another 8-10" tomorrow.

Cars are being swept away, police have evacuated a whole subdivision, shelters activated, tornados all around us.

We are on the slope just below high ground and well above the flooding streets around us. Our power has stayed on but we have our new 25kw natural gas generator in case. Our last power outage it worked but did not allow power on after the power came back. The generator cut off but the auto-switch didn't. It was fixed I hope.

This is the worst I've seen for this area since I first came here as my first AF assignment.

We are being warned that flash floods are coming in the next day or two as the water from North of us hits this area, and that things are going to get a whole lot worse, before they get better.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:57 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

That sounds like a lot of water, glad you are on the slope Itchy, hoping your house and possessions stay safe, and thinking about all of the people having to deal with this. s

Really happy to have you 'home' Dee.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:59 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know floods first hand. I hope the damage to people and property can be minimised Itch.

D
Old 03-08-2016, 09:35 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Dee,
Too late to minimize property damage as the sandbags given out for the past two days were insufficient to the task. But I too hope folks stay home and off the roads.

Kitten,
Thanks, we will stay in until it goes down.
Old 03-08-2016, 10:28 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

Sorry to hear about the floods, itchy, stay safe!

Inpar, your job sounds incredible! Wow girl, nice one!

The old brain isn't a functioning well. Got yet another virus with sore throat! Fed up of the side effects on these meds! Sorry for the moan.

Have a well Wednesday overs.
Old 03-08-2016, 10:51 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Gosh Mags, that's not good. Hope you feel better love.
Old 03-09-2016, 03:43 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Do your best

I hope the damage isn't too severe Itchy you have worked hard making a house a home thank you for the recommendation il check it out for sure

Feel better soon Mags - Rather than tea have lemon honey & a chunk or 2 of fresh ginger in a boiling mug and face steam baths with a towl over my head always help add a drop or 2 of olbas oil it works a treat

And homemade chicken soup I swear by homemade chicken soup
Old 03-09-2016, 03:47 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Stay safe, Itch. Maybe time to start working on that ark again!

We've got some rain here this morning (nothing like Itch) and 60F here again today.

Let's see...what day is it again??? Toots, any ideas???

Sorry, IP. Couldn't resist!
Old 03-09-2016, 03:59 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Good morning!

Itchy, if I were "stored" I don't think I'd last long . Those floods sound awful. I'm sending you dry thoughts! Stay safe.

Mags, sometimes a bit of moaning is good for the soul :-). But sorry you are ill.

Wolfie, my mother always had us do the steamy water in a bowl with towel over the head for colds. These days I find a sinus rinse (with neti pot or similar) to be even more effective. Your suggestion did bring up childhood memories :-)

Off to another busy, busy day in the OFH
Old 03-09-2016, 04:30 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a new thread:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-36-a.html

D