Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 6

Old 02-17-2016, 04:01 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Sending all the good vibes and positive thoughts i can muster this morning to Charlie. Hope a bit of luck comes your way to ease the struggling. Have a fantastic day everyone
Old 02-17-2016, 05:39 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

My dazed and confused AV wasn't sure what it wanted this afternoon, it was just whining and fussing to the point that I couldn't ignore it. So, a trip to the store and back, a big bowl of ice cream and a tummy ache later, and all is good again.

Charlie, the part-time job I am working now is just a fill until I find something else, it isn't anything I ever thought I would be doing at this stage in my life, but it gets me out of the house and I am bringing in some money. Maybe your SO would get better results applying for anything, even entry-level retail. Being out of work is a difficult blow to one's self-esteem, but keeping busy, even if it is minimum wage and part-time, gives one hope for something better later on down the line.

For yourself, have you listed your services online? Craigslist has a category for people to advertise services. That may bring you some new clients until you can get advice on promoting your business.

Sometimes life throws us what seems to be more than we can handle, but we come out stronger in the end, and I am confident that you will too.
Old 02-17-2016, 06:52 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Congrats Odelle on beating down your AV with sugar & cream

My stash of dark chocolate is almost gone....will stock up tomorrow.

Each time I see your signature it amazes me that you quit the big 3 within the same month! Good for you
Old 02-17-2016, 07:01 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
Congrats Odelle on beating down your AV with sugar & cream

My stash of dark chocolate is almost gone....will stock up tomorrow.

Each time I see your signature it amazes me that you quit the big 3 within the same month! Good for you
In all honesty Bandicoot, I'm pretty amazed too!
Old 02-17-2016, 08:40 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
Hello my beautiful/handsome, strong and smart classmates,

What say we adopt 'Carry On' as our official class motto?

Here is a link to the origins 'Keep Calm and Carry On' Very interesting!

History - Keep Calm and Carry On Poster

Caramel---I believe you were the first to say this?

My silly 2 cents for the day:-)

Thinking of all of you and sending Big Hugs! Delilah---where do you find that pretty red heart?
The ❤️ Is one of the emojis on my phone. It is one of the only emojis that actually shows up as the image rather than some weird symbol.:-)
Old 02-17-2016, 08:49 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Hello All,

Today was busy at work, and I was exhausted at the end of the day, but still went to yoga. It is a great 90 minute class, and I felt better after. My eleven year old joined me which was even nicer.

I am now trying to decompress a little before bed. Watching a little TV, and checking in on here, heading up to bed to do a little reading before bed.

Excited to be finishing up Day 48, and I know Pedro and a few others are as well, that means we are two days away from 50 days, which is a nice little milestone.

I'm sorry some of you are still under the weather, and I hope everyone is healthy soon!!

Love the "Carry on," motto for our class.

Have a great night everyone!!!

❤️ Delilah
Old 02-18-2016, 02:55 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Good evening lovely classmates. I have been reading the posts but just really exhausted the past two days. Due to a combination of a very busy week and hitting the lethargic mark many of you talked about at this stage in your recovery - 25 days today. I'm experiencing the full spectrum of emotions in a day. I can be really happy, then really sad, then happy again. Exhausting, but I'm doing ok.
I did start the gratitude diary. I took Oprah's advice and write down 5 things I'm grateful for. Initially it's difficult to come up with five. It's a nice thing to do before bed.
Everyone is doing a great job staying sober even through illness, busy schedules and work issues. I've managed to shut the AV down quickly. I have thought I would love to sit down with a drink and relax, but honestly I have not actually really done that in a long time. My very next thought is to prepare myself. Get a nice, yummy soft drink and some chocolate and/or ice-cream. Preparation is key for me and has been working so far.
Take care everyone. It's wonderful being a part of your lives.
And yes- Carry on!!
Old 02-18-2016, 03:58 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
Good evening lovely classmates. I have been reading the posts but just really exhausted the past two days. Due to a combination of a very busy week and hitting the lethargic mark many of you talked about at this stage in your recovery - 25 days today. I'm experiencing the full spectrum of emotions in a day. I can be really happy, then really sad, then happy again. Exhausting, but I'm doing ok.
I did start the gratitude diary. I took Oprah's advice and write down 5 things I'm grateful for. Initially it's difficult to come up with five. It's a nice thing to do before bed.
Everyone is doing a great job staying sober even through illness, busy schedules and work issues. I've managed to shut the AV down quickly. I have thought I would love to sit down with a drink and relax, but honestly I have not actually really done that in a long time. My very next thought is to prepare myself. Get a nice, yummy soft drink and some chocolate and/or ice-cream. Preparation is key for me and has been working so far.
Take care everyone. It's wonderful being a part of your lives.
And yes- Carry on!!
Sandy have you found the gratitude thread? I try and post most nights in the evening gratitude one... It makes me really think about what I do have to be grateful for which is actually soooo much... Sorry if this has already been said.. Haven't scrolled back up yet xx
Old 02-18-2016, 04:27 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Thanks Nic, but I want to do it pen to paper. I like the idea of writing whatever I like without justification or just an obscure note that only I understand. Also, I bought a very pretty diary that makes me smile!!! Nothing better than glittery flowers!
Old 02-18-2016, 04:35 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Smile Hello Everyone

Im brand spanking new here. Ive had a drinking problem all my life but especially in the past 8 years. Ive consistently drunk a bottle of wine at least 5 nights a week for about 5 years. But for the past 3 years that's increased to 2 bottles of wine 3 nights a week for the past 3 years. Im not drinking every night like I used to (used to drink 1 bottle of wine most nights), but only because after drinking 2 bottles of wine in a night, I feel too tired and had it to drink the following night. I used to feel hungover the following day, but now I don't, I just feel tired. I stopped drinking 2 or 3 nights ago (I cant remember which) and tonight Im dripping in sweat and cant sleep. I know its alcohol withdrawl and that it will pass.
Old 02-18-2016, 04:39 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Red face Oppps

Ive posted in the class of January 2016! But its February! Gosh Im stupid sometimes!
Old 02-18-2016, 04:44 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Thanks Nic, but I want to do it pen to paper. I like the idea of writing whatever I like without justification or just an obscure note that only I understand. Also, I bought a very pretty diary that makes me smile!!! Nothing better than glittery flowers!
Pen and paper is definitely better!!!! Glittery flowers sounds like my kind of diary too!!!! Enjoy Hun x
Old 02-18-2016, 05:31 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for the support. MY OH has applied for hundreds of jobs, even got to the last stages in a few of them, down to the last 2 in a couple of cases but just not managed to get the job. Its one of those things where you can cope because you think it'll be temporary but then it goes on and on and slowly it just gets harder and harder to deal with.

Cococo That made me smile.

I've started today positively and did a hours workout (one advantage of having the office to myself!). Pigged out yesterday and felt awful about it when I woke this morning so decided to try and have a good day. I need to lose a couple of inches to fit back into my clothes comfortably. I can't afford to go and buy bigger ones. Just had a lovely homemade soup for lunch and a healthy tea planned for later.

I was in a burger place the other week and on the wall was "Just keep swimming" which was an odd thing to see there but I love it. The "Carry On" thing reminded me

Thanks Odelle - yes I've got my details in every free place I can. I just don't have the connections to get the amount of regular new work that I need. On the plus side, I've never lost a client either and I'm sure the ones I have wouldn't hesitate on passing on my details. In fact that's where my work comes from - recommendations.
Old 02-18-2016, 05:36 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Thanks Delilah! I only use my tablet when on SR which explains why the heart emoji always turns into a weird symbol:-)

Hiya Nic -found the gratitude link yesterday. Very nice.

Wishing everyone a good Sober day
Old 02-18-2016, 05:50 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Best wishes charliesworld.....thinking of you. Sorry no words of wisdom, just that I'm right there with you in the increasing income/job search. Take care!
Old 02-18-2016, 05:50 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cococo View Post
Ive posted in the class of January 2016! But its February! Gosh Im stupid sometimes!
All are welcome!! Glad you have decided to quit! This is a great group, and I have popped into the February class every now and then just to say hi, and they are very welcoming as well!! Check in with both. Welcome!

❤️ Delilah
Old 02-18-2016, 05:53 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Welcome Cococo! Hope you pop back in someday--you're always welcome here.

Your Feb. class will be a great support system, especially as you go through the first rough days and then the good part comes when you start celebrating milestones.
Old 02-18-2016, 06:56 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Good morning class. Not much to say, just a quick check in before starting my day. Wishing everyone a stress-free, sober Thursday, carry on!
Old 02-18-2016, 07:56 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Morning all. I can finally feel the cold being broken. I slept thirteen hours last night -- that did the trick.

Ditto. Also, if I'm having a hard moment, then I want to be able to pick it up and read it ... not having to log in and hunt it up.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:31 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

Originally Posted by Cococo View Post
Im brand spanking new here. Ive had a drinking problem all my life but especially in the past 8 years. Ive consistently drunk a bottle of wine at least 5 nights a week for about 5 years. But for the past 3 years that's increased to 2 bottles of wine 3 nights a week for the past 3 years. Im not drinking every night like I used to (used to drink 1 bottle of wine most nights), but only because after drinking 2 bottles of wine in a night, I feel too tired and had it to drink the following night. I used to feel hungover the following day, but now I don't, I just feel tired. I stopped drinking 2 or 3 nights ago (I cant remember which) and tonight Im dripping in sweat and cant sleep. I know its alcohol withdrawl and that it will pass.
Welcome to our class... your story is very familiar (well practically identical to mine... Only I was doing it a bit (lot) longer... )

All I can say is... It gets better!