Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 6

Old 02-13-2016, 04:48 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

That's right, Sandy -- without the alcohol acting as an emotional damper, we have to work on new ways to process emotions that can be intense at times. Speaking for myself, I'm finding progress, but it's slow and arduous, and sometimes they still hit me like a sledgehammer.
Old 02-13-2016, 04:53 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
Glad you are right back in here, July. Being home alone is a real trigger for me. Just add it to your plan for your next 40 days.
Good luck today Nic. We've got your back. Post whenever you need. Even just to rant about the crazy drunk uncle. Seems to be one in every family!
So nice to hear we are all going strong. I had the house to myself last night and followed some advice from here. I gave myself a pedicure and watched "back to the future 3". Very low-key but pleasant evening.
We have a "heatwave" here today. 3 degrees C and rain!! Quite unusual for this time of year. We often have snow in May. I'm off to the gym then have an event this evening. It's my first time to be out with everyone in the past 3 weeks. It's a bowling event but is always quite a drunk fest. A shot of tequila for a strike (or in my case a spare!). None for me tonight. I might actually get a strike!
I am REALLY focusing on the thought process of taking alcohol out as an option. This is the only way we can make it long term. I'm getting there day by day. The pink cloud is turning grey with the emotions building up and little spurts of tears. However, I'm well aware that this is healing and I let myself feel it for a while then go and do something. I need to make an effort every moment. Last night proved that I can just still and chill without the aid of alcohol.
Keep strong everyone. We are giving ourselves the most amazing gift.
Take care.
Unfortunately there's a whole crazy drunk family sandy lol!!! I'll literally be the only person sober!! That's ok though.. No shameful regrets, hangovers, blackouts or vomiting for this girl!'
Old 02-13-2016, 04:56 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mish View Post
Happy Birthday beautiful Lulu hope you have a lovely birthday today.
I applied for a new job last week and had an interview on Friday. I think I did good so hopefully I will be able to say sayonara to this god awful stressful job. I'm away from home at the moment for work so not much time to check in but I'm still here and still sober. It's the weekend so I'll be catching up on reading all of this weeks posts. You are all doing so well.
Thinking of you Nic at your BBQ today. We're all here holding your hand. xxx
CONGRATULATIONS on your 2 weeks yesterday . Just seen it on the 24 hour page- sorry I missed it Hun xx you're going great x
Old 02-13-2016, 05:06 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hello Everyone,

Nic, hope things are going well!!

❤️Delilah
Old 02-13-2016, 05:27 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by Nic233 View Post
Thanks Dee- means a lot!
Day 35 today.. Won't be jeopardising that for anything :-)

BBQ at 12- meeting at 4!!
That sounds like an excellent Plan Nic---Good for you!
Old 02-13-2016, 05:59 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hey Mish -- Congrats on your 2 Weeks and hope you get that job!

Thump -- sorry you're not feeling well.:-( Those achy joints are the worst...take care of yourself. Maybe a warm bath and cup of hot tea after work?

Sandy--thanks for your post! You're so right-- by taking alcohol out of the equation entirely, it's the only way to view Sobriety as a life path.
Old 02-13-2016, 06:56 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I wish I could take a bath! My trailer has only a shower. Still might do that, or simply get home and crawl into bed.

Thanks for the well-wishes, sweetie.
Old 02-13-2016, 07:59 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Yes a nice hot shower sometimes helps thumpa.
Get well soon xx
Old 02-13-2016, 08:08 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I ate dinner -- pork chop and stuffed bell pepper -- and feel better for it. I think I just want to go home and lay down. Mmm, that sounds so good ...
Old 02-13-2016, 08:50 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Best wishes on the job, Mish, and congratulations on 2 weeks!

Thump, wishing you a good night’s sleep and a full recovery by the morning.

Nic, I hope you survived the BBQ unscathed, and that your evening meeting was a welcome retreat!

Not much to report here, which is a good thing!
Old 02-14-2016, 12:51 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for the support. I feel a lot better now. I had no desire to drink last night.
Dee, honestly, I don't know what happened. I keep looking for a deep meaning as to why I drank.
Happy Valentine's Day! I'm up in the very early morning as my daughter texted from vacation that she is sick. Poor kid.
Old 02-14-2016, 02:06 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

BBQ done and dusted. I actually left early as everyone was starting to go downhill very quickly,and Dad hadn't even started cooking the meat.... Got to my meeting 5 mins late but I didn't drink today.
The thought did go through my head whether I could just have one... The old familiar slippery slope when I start to wonder if I'm able to drink occasionally like normal people.. The answer is a definite NO and I do know this (from many previous attempts!!!) so I got the hell out of there !!! I'm feeling surprisingly empowered at my decision and my ability to NOT drink when I was literally surrounded by free flowing wine, beer and champagne.
It's been 5 weeks to the day since I had my last drink... I've certainly come too far now to blow it.... Ordered Chinese takeaway for the boys and I as we missed the food there!!! Nice treat to end the night off nicely..
I hope everyone else is having a great day or night xxx
Old 02-14-2016, 03:50 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Little bit of a rough couple days.

So I have not taken a drink but did stand in the cooler at the grocer reading non alc bottles wondering how sick I might get if I drank some (because of an abuse) got really close... Didn't take me med for a few days... Didn't tell anyone till now... Today will be six weeks been having bad dreams a lot feeling sad and tired I'm sitting here kinda just letting tears fall. Celebrated v day Chinese food Chinese new year with my girl and my son walked thru chinese museum and our local museum. Thought about drinking all fregin day. Finally we got some ice cream and rented a movie. Guess that high energy anxiety **** did pass thru this last week. Not sure right now if I'm missing it or glad its over... Feeling heavy. I feel for everyone going thru this. I read thru couple times a week especially when I'm feeling like ****. Thank you everyone all your stories they all help...good luck everyone
Old 02-14-2016, 04:14 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Good morning my friends!
I wish I had the time to comment on each and every one of your posts but I have been sleeping in the last few days as I managed to get yet another cold on top of this horrendous cough.

Happy Valentines Day to all- I haven't really cared for the day since I was in my 20s and now that I'm married with kids I can't say I give a damn at all. It's sad in a way, I didn't even get DH a card but once I saw he had one for me this morning I quickly made him one. I have a hard time speaking words of love when I don't feel like we are in a good place. Our marriage has been rocky since for the last few years and I honestly don't know if we'll ever be able to get back to where we were.
You know, I really wish V-Day was about self-love. A day where we truly devote some time to cherishing our souls and the beauty that lies within each one of us. Why does this country always turn these holidays into cards, food and expensive gifts/dinners? I don't really want any part of it.

So, today I will focus on loving who I am- the person I came to the earth as, and the person inside that thanks to my sobriety, is unfolding little by little.

Much love to all of you and have a blessed Sunday.
Old 02-14-2016, 05:14 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Good morning my friends!
I wish I had the time to comment on each and every one of your posts but I have been sleeping in the last few days as I managed to get yet another cold on top of this horrendous cough.

Happy Valentines Day to all- I haven't really cared for the day since I was in my 20s and now that I'm married with kids I can't say I give a damn at all. It's sad in a way, I didn't even get DH a card but once I saw he had one for me this morning I quickly made him one. I have a hard time speaking words of love when I don't feel like we are in a good place. Our marriage has been rocky since for the last few years and I honestly don't know if we'll ever be able to get back to where we were.
You know, I really wish V-Day was about self-love. A day where we truly devote some time to cherishing our souls and the beauty that lies within each one of us. Why does this country always turn these holidays into cards, food and expensive gifts/dinners? I don't really want any part of it.

So, today I will focus on loving who I am- the person I came to the earth as, and the person inside that thanks to my sobriety, is unfolding little by little.

Much love to all of you and have a blessed Sunday.
How beautiful... I fully agree we need to love ourselves a lot more
Old 02-14-2016, 06:50 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

I also got a cold on top of an everlasting cough! I can't believe it. Please go away!

It's snowing here in STL. Expecting 1-2" but it's coming down real good. These are the predictions that you have to watch out for!

I, too, agree that holidays are so blown up these days. I couldn't find a card under $6 ! Most cards I buy from the dollar store. Didn't make it there this year so I paid for this one ! You are right Sun, this day should be about loving ourselves (in addition to immediate family!).

Stay strong everyone.

Olivia
Old 02-14-2016, 06:53 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Good luck jhend -hang in there. I'm not too good with words if comfort but take care. It will get better.

Nic - good for you for getting away from the BBQ! Very proud of you.
Old 02-14-2016, 07:06 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Sorry to those who are feeling under weather. There's a nasty cough going around here too that lasts for weeks. Lemon tea (fresh is best) and honey always soothes a sore throat. Hope you are both feeling better soon.
Sorry to hear you are having a rough time, Jhend. Six weeks is a great achievement but it's an emotional journey. Vent some of your problems on here. It's a great way to download things out of your head.
Nice going at the BBQ, Nic. Anyone hassle you about not drinking? Feels good to be empowered.
Keep strong everyone. Have a nice day.
Old 02-14-2016, 07:33 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Nic, good on you for putting your sobriety first.

Jhend, hang in there, but. Sobriety isn't a silver bullet, no matter how much we want to think it is.

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Good morning my friends!
I hope you get to feeling better, ma'am. Thanks for the little message this morning, too. (((Sunny)))
Old 02-14-2016, 07:54 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Be careful with those lengthy coughs and colds; my sister ended up with pneumonia last week and has been in ICU since Wednesday. Her husband and daughter had the horrible cold, but she ended up very sick with it advancing to septic throughout her body.