Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 6

Old 02-20-2016, 10:23 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

I survived but couldn't have done it without you Odelle. I was so close, it's scary.

Man that AV snuck up out of nowhere. Went out to dinner last night with my parents who were visiting and didn't even think about wine. Not sure what happened today. Thanks again.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:30 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RallyAly View Post
Congrats to those hitting the 50 mark! Sorry about your friend KDB. Nic - "no" no matter what. What do you need to do to ensure you don't drink? Request hubs not drink? Not go to lunch? Get something with more tang/sting than soda or tea (I went through a lot of grapefruit juice and spicy V8 early on as it tricked AV a bit)? Have something you would usually not have for food to indulge? Bail out? Things are good with me. Birthday party for a friend tonight that will have mixed light to heavy drinkers. Working again this weekend. I hit the 6-month mark for quitting smoking yesterday! Knowing how the cravings for that died down and all the benefits really helps reinforce strength for sobriety.
I think you were responding to me, right? If so I just want to thank you. I didn't drink but was so close my AV had me convinced I could do it. I kept playing the tape through and knew that one glass would turn into me drinking all day. Thank you again, I truly appreciate it.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:38 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thumpalumpacus View Post
Morning, all. Cold is finally about gone, thankfully; I can enjoy the taste of my coffee again. Having just gotten through this lingering illness, my little home is not quite up to snuff. I definitely have to get back to work!
Glad you are back to health Thump!
Old 02-20-2016, 12:36 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
I think you were responding to me, right? If so I just want to thank you. I didn't drink but was so close my AV had me convinced I could do it. I kept playing the tape through and knew that one glass would turn into me drinking all day. Thank you again, I truly appreciate it.
Ah yes, sorry Nic and Sun. I was scrolling through posts on my phone and trying to keep track of names and thoughts, while posting. I can't blame that of brain fog - I've always been terrible at such things
Old 02-20-2016, 12:46 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

I'm so happy to hear that you survived that one, Sunflower. Yes, the AV can pop up with no notice and completely unnerve you in a matter of seconds. You did good posting here before reaching the restaurant.
Old 02-20-2016, 02:00 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Well i survived last night Quite pleased with myself this morning. Have a great day everyone
Old 02-20-2016, 03:48 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

Good work team... Sounds like lots of challenges and tests around at the moment and we're knocking them out of the park. Carry on...!
Old 02-20-2016, 04:23 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Glad you are back to health Thump!
And I in turn am thrilled that you fought back successfully. Great job!
Old 02-20-2016, 05:56 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Morning all,
What a wonderful thread to wake up to. So much strength and encouragement...

Well done sunflower and Pedro on getting through even though you were struggling... I've got a dinner to go to tonight( hopefully the last big Family one in a while as my relatives fly home on Thursday). I'm driving 8 of us there so I have a great reason NOT to drink..my issue will be well-meaning people saying to have "just one"..... Im feeling so much stronger than I was to say no very firmly now..

Anyway I'm going to go and enjoy this lovely weather with my boys....day 42 today xx
Old 02-20-2016, 06:08 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Hello!

I hope you are all doing well today!

Thump and Olivia glad you are feeling better!

SandyO and Sunflower, great job avoiding temptation.

Had a good day with the family, and now just relaxing. Feeling a little under the weather, hoping it is just due to a crazy week. Planning on going to bed early, and glad I have tomorrow to rest!!

Carry on January peeps!!!

❤️ Delilah
Old 02-21-2016, 03:50 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Hello everyone.. hope you're all doing well. been a over a week since my last post so apologies for not reading everything... you guys talk a lot

so its day 35 for me, still been going strong, but this weekend has been tough, i have been getting a little snappy with people and generally a bit disinterested in my goings-on.

for the first time since the first few days of quitting i have been getting the urge to drink.. and to be honest, i really think i needed it. i had started to get complacent. I was convincing myself that i had a handle on this... i had it beat...and i had miraculously developed some willpower that in all my 40 years i had never shown when consuming booze!

so in a bizarre way, this crappy weekend, has done me some good. i can't handle it, i will get cravings to get my buzz on for the rest of my life. it is by no means the easy ride i have endured so far.

so thank you crappy weekend, thank you cravings... you have spurred me on.. i am an addict, but an addict with a mission!

stay strong people!

i am now going to go back through this thread and catch up!
Old 02-21-2016, 04:14 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Morning all ... Today would have been day 48. Yes, I said "would have".

Wednesday and Thursday I broke down and then again last night with a glass of red. I was going to slink away into the unknown, but that would mean I'm ashamed and I'm honestly not. I'm disappointed in myself that I broke down. I know why I did (stressed, not using tools or support), so this helps me for the future.

So, the lesson learned is not to be complacent, that I can easily go back to that dark place of all day, every day drinking and bad life choices.

On the plus side, I got the job!! And I found a new place in the new city I will be moving to in a few weeks.

I will have to be very vigilant the coming few weeks as I deal with the stress of moving and starting a new job. But, I know as sure as the 45/48 days sober I've had, that I can do it if I depend on my tool box and not the crazy alcoholic ego.

Glad to see everyone doing so well!!!
Old 02-21-2016, 04:44 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

congrats lulu...amazing news on the job and moving... when we're sober life really does happen...!

for me i thought i was alive when i was drinking...you just prove it happens when we are sober.

don't beat yourself up about the drink... i am sure at the start of this you would have snatched someones hand off if they offered you 45 out of 48 days sober.. i know i would! (probably still would now)
Old 02-21-2016, 06:04 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lulu212 View Post
Morning all ... Today would have been day 48. Yes, I said "would have".

Wednesday and Thursday I broke down and then again last night with a glass of red. I was going to slink away into the unknown, but that would mean I'm ashamed and I'm honestly not. I'm disappointed in myself that I broke down. I know why I did (stressed, not using tools or support), so this helps me for the future.

So, the lesson learned is not to be complacent, that I can easily go back to that dark place of all day, every day drinking and bad life choices.

On the plus side, I got the job!! And I found a new place in the new city I will be moving to in a few weeks.

I will have to be very vigilant the coming few weeks as I deal with the stress of moving and starting a new job. But, I know as sure as the 45/48 days sober I've had, that I can do it if I depend on my tool box and not the crazy alcoholic ego.

Glad to see everyone doing so well!!!
Firstly congratulations on your new job and your new home!!! That's wonderful news...
Sorry to hear that you've slipped... Youve still done an amazing job getting so many sober days behind you...just keep on going.. You'll get there. Very few of us get sober right away, and it's already taken me many, many attempts... I too cannot afford to let my guard down... I know that as soon as I do, I start to second guess my alcoholism and whether I can be a social drinker blah blah and end up off the wagon for another few months but for me it gets worse each time...
You have proven to yourself that you can do this,,and we are all behind you cheering you on honey.... Xxx
Old 02-21-2016, 06:20 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Yay team!

Good for you Sunflower & Haris for beating your AV!

Thanks to Odelle and Rally and everyone else who supported Sunflower

Congrats Lulu on getting the job! That's great news. Sorry you drank but glad you know why. And you know your stressors...very important during your upcoming move and starting the new job. Stay close here even when you're super busy.

Is there a SR app or do you all just log on your phone? I only log on my tablet but it occurs to me that I need phone access for giving and receiving support when I'm away from home. Appreciate any advice.

Wishing everyone a peaceful Sober day-
Old 02-21-2016, 06:25 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by Haris2014 View Post
Hello everyone.. hope you're all doing well. been a over a week since my last post so apologies for not reading everything... you guys talk a lot

i am now going to go back through this thread and catch up!
Lol Haris! Yes, we do talk a lot-
Old 02-21-2016, 06:47 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Bandicoot - I have the iPhone app and is super handy!! Highly recommend.

Thanks everyone for your support and congrats! I love that this is such a safe and nurturing place to come and must remember that next time I want to hurt my sobriety. Hugs xxx
Old 02-21-2016, 08:17 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Congratulations on the job Lulu! Like others here, I’ve had more than my fair share of slips and catastrophic falls, so no judgement from me. I’m glad that you came back instead of slinking into the shadows of guilt and despair, something I have also been guilty of. Okay, back in the saddle and onwards we go!

Haris, I’m impressed with your observation of cravings being a reminder of how you (and all of us) need to stay vigilant, no matter how many days, weeks, months or even years sober we acquire. You are doing great!

Another beautiful day here, and the typical ever growing laundry list of to-dos neatly tucked away in my mind. Wishing everyone a sober Sunday (or Monday for some), carry on!
Old 02-21-2016, 11:47 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Hello and happy Sunday!! I just wanted to share that when I got on the scale this morning I was down 14 pounds!!!

52 days and 14 pounds, so far 2016 is off to a very healthy start!

Hope everyone is doing well!!!

❤️Delilah
Old 02-21-2016, 11:50 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Congrats on the new job Lulu!! I am glad you decided to come right back. Complacency has been my downfall in the past, and then I would decide not to post and slipped right back into old habits!

You've got this!!