Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 02-13-2016, 05:56 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Seven daze
Old 02-13-2016, 06:16 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Checking in. I am very glad to be going to bed without a drink. I know I will feel so much better in the morning.

Stay strong everyone

Tomorrow will be day 15
Old 02-13-2016, 06:32 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

I've made it through Day 8! I've been staying busy & have been trying to exercise. I've been reading in my free time & I've started writing in a journal. This group & this website have been so helpful. Everyday I look forward to see how everyone is doing. Congrats to everyone on how far you've come! To everyone struggling I hope that you keep pushing forward. We can do this!!
Old 02-13-2016, 06:35 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

I'm checking in at the end of day two. I've had a rough go of things since my slip. I got so so incredibly close to drinking tonight to ease some of the discomfort. I literally made plans to meet someone at the bar for drinks and I was on my way to get beer to drink before heading out. I don't know what came over me but I canceled my plans and skipped picking up beer. I thank God so much that I'm sober right now.

I really want this time to be my last time I ever have to do this. I'm seriously relieved that I'm going to bed sober.
Old 02-13-2016, 06:54 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Great work you guys. Really. Way to work through it. You'll never regret NOT drinking.

I feel like we are missing some check-ins from people, I hope you are all doing ok. Hugs!
Old 02-13-2016, 07:34 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Camryn474 View Post
I'm checking in at the end of day two. I've had a rough go of things since my slip. I got so so incredibly close to drinking tonight to ease some of the discomfort. I literally made plans to meet someone at the bar for drinks and I was on my way to get beer to drink before heading out. I don't know what came over me but I canceled my plans and skipped picking up beer. I thank God so much that I'm sober right now.

I really want this time to be my last time I ever have to do this. I'm seriously relieved that I'm going to bed sober.
Great job not going to meet your friend for drinks!
Old 02-13-2016, 09:17 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

IMO, you did the right thing by cancelling camryn. Speaking for myself, I know I will have to make significant lifestyle changes in order to stay sober.
Old 02-13-2016, 09:54 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Checking in - Looks like I made it through day 1 so I'm going to bed. Reading the messages on this forum really helped today. Thanks all for being here!
Old 02-13-2016, 11:57 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Thanks time2rise, yes I might do that as I literally feel like I cannot cope with another humiliating run down of everything I did and everyone I upset. I was so wrong and I know that but I feel like I need to get past it now for my own sanity, it doesn't help that we live in such a small town and now lots of people think badly of me. I just wish she knew how awful I feel anyway I really don't need to have it all spelled out for me again! Thank you for your words, they do help.

I too have the same binge drinking problem, no matter how awful it gets there's still that part of you that is happy to convince us it will be fine this time and to do it again! Well done on day 6, I'm enjoying ticking the days off here too- tis weekend has been the hardest so far but hoping with every sober weekend will come more habit forming activities that we don't associate with drink. I guess my friends talk did some good as I must say it certainly reminded me yet again I should stay sober! Happy Sunday to everyone- hope it's been sober for us all if nothing else!
Old 02-14-2016, 12:25 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Spent Saturday evening sorting out my tools in the garage. Rock and roll eh? Sitting by the TV as I normally would just didn't appeal.

As usual, I'd forgotten about Vantines Day until it was almost too late but because I was sober I could hop in the car and do something about it. I bought little cards and pressies for the kids as well, it really made their morning!

For those dealing with regrets from binge drinking, I understand what you're going through. My only advice is to look forward and accept that it's going to take time to put right but as long as you stay sober it will eventually fade into your past as you and those around you see your true character emerge.
Old 02-14-2016, 01:52 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

I made it to 12
With lots of resolve
Old 02-14-2016, 03:16 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Hey guys I'm checking in. I've made a week! This time last week I was in a world of hurt. Feeling so much better.
Old 02-14-2016, 03:19 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Good Sunday morning and awesome job everyone!

Day 13 for me.

Keep grinding!
Old 02-14-2016, 03:36 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Yay to you guys making it another day. This isn't easy. Today is my day 14! But I'd usually have champagne or wine tonight. Also....and a big trigger....poor poor me....I was up all night since 130 AM with the baby. (I don't know what is up with her - major gas and discomfort, plus that tooth.)

Ladybug, FABL, Peaceful, I hope all is well on your homefront.

Chinaski hope that Internet is getting fixed, I miss your frequent posting and pearls of wisdom.

Always thinking of this class and wishing everyone the best, and no matter what, come back each day to keep at it.

Now to finish frosting the cake! This is where I'm sure I'll screw it up.
Old 02-14-2016, 05:12 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

I managed to make the perfect batch of cookies this weekend. About it. Test of the time has been a nightmare of sickness, depression, and laundry, none of which was mine. - except laundry.
I'm done getting on here and only having bad news. It's got to be my outlook. At least I hope it is. To list things Going on in my life sounds terrible to all who read it, when I do, so unless I'm just cracking under pressure, I won't do it.
There's good in my life. I've got to focus more on it. I know it'll help me stay sober.
It seems there's always going to be too much on my plate , and that must come with the good things in life as well, so I'm really gonna try to look at it different.
I don't know if my wife's going to get better, as she's now on 4 medications, still refusing counselling for grief. I've got to focus on the kids. It's gonna kill me worrying about her and I literally can't do anything for her.
I had to work today but it got cancelled due to racetrack conditions, so I gave her, her flowers and card yesterday for valentines. She did like it, but her days just go downhill everyday, so it is, what it is, for her. I just love her and don't want to have to drink to put up with the outbursts of misplaced anger/grief.
Ah well..... Enough. I've depressed myself typing this !! Lol
Gonna get up, get on the treadmill and sweat out yesterday's troubles.
Today's a new day. Haven't drank to any extent , in a few days, maybe a week even.
Fight on folks- your wins and losses both give me inspiration, and I thank you all for being brave enough to share.
Old 02-14-2016, 05:15 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Congrats everyone who made it another day. I just woke up on the morning of day 2. I got some sleep last night (did take some homeopathic stuff to help sleep but don't plan to make it a habit). I have big bags around my eyes this morning now though which is annoying and is a detox symptom for me sometimes.

At least gratefully I have Presidents day off tomorrow so hopefully my eyes will look more or less back to normal by the time I go back to work on Tuesday. I might have to start using cold compresses on my eyes tomorrow if its looking like it might not.

Stay strong all!
Old 02-14-2016, 05:25 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Hey JL 2014 , glad your sharing, and don't hesitate to continue !!
Supportive bunch around here.
Congrats to everyone here for wanting a better life for themselves and their families. Hugs!
Old 02-14-2016, 05:47 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a great day everyone
Old 02-14-2016, 06:56 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Good morning, well morning here in the states. Day 3 for me.

I'm feeling pretty good about passing up last night. I do feel guilty as I was the one that instigated the whole thing but I didn't follow through and that's all that matters. I did wake up this morning wishing I had drank a beer though. I love the taste of beer. I think that may make things just a bit more difficult.

My plan for today is to continue working on my plan so an occurrence like last night doesn't happen again. On the plus side, the opiate withdrawals aren't terrible. Minor muscle cramps, my nose is running off and on, but the worst of it is this headache I've had for three days. I'm just glad to be sober and getting through it.

I'm having a peaceful morning listening to the dog snore and watching the snow fall. Keep strong, guys. I really want all of us to make it together.
Old 02-14-2016, 07:04 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Good morning day 4. Coffee and the New York Times. My only regret is that I didn't eat very healthy yesterday. Today I'll be making some turkey chili, so that's at least a start to healthier eating
My friends are planning a visit to wine country in CA and was feeling a little sorry for myself earlier that I'll not be able to go. Oh well, there are many more interesting ways to spend my money and social time. I will wish them the best and hopefully the next trip will be planned around a different activity.