Notices

Husband using again.

Old 02-01-2016, 05:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Husband using again.

I've been married for 15 years, we have a 10 year old child. He completed 30 days of rehab this summer and came home a new man. That lasted about 6 weeks. He hasn't been to 1 aftercare meeting. I find his Naltrexone hidden all over the house. I know he lies. Today when he got home, he blasted our son and made him cry. He was mean, like he was when he was using before. I wish he would just leave but I know he'll never do it on his own. I'm so fed up with this kind of life. I'm jeolous of people in happy marriages. What do I do? What happens next?
Old 02-01-2016, 05:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Dlabta, so sorry you are in such a situation. I know you'd like to here something better than what happens next is up to you, but that's about the way it is, rootin for ya.
Old 02-02-2016, 05:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you. I just needed to hear something. Anything! My parents are dead. I don't want to tell his parents because they'll be SO disappointed. They've been supportive and helpful, but blood is thicker than water. I wish I could stop feeling sorry for him. He's spent all our money and looks me in the face and lies all the time. I'm seeing a psychologist, which has helped some. Reading these posts helps, too. Good to know I'm not the only one feeling this way.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
zjw

If it helps remember it's the addiction not him in there somewhere he's still there. I hope the situation can improve it can't be a healthy environment for you or your son. At the end of the day the welfare of your son has to come first as well.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dlabta View Post
I'm jeolous of people in happy marriages. What do I do? What happens next?
Almost all marriages have problems at some point. And a lot of folks put a very nice facade when the reality is thier marriage is terrible or there is some dirt they are hiding. Keep your head up.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Welcome Dlabta.

I hope things work out for you and your family.
You may find some support in the Friends and Family section (click here)

Best wishes.