Blogs


Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 26

Old 02-02-2016, 09:47 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Member
 
SoberLeigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: East Coast USA
Posts: 115,480
Originally Posted by Briar View Post
Hey, you know what's kind of neat? I was just reviewing my journal, and I realized that last year on January 10, I relapsed. This year on January 10, I started eating. January was rough this year, but it sure was better than last year! Last year I was giving up on myself, this year I am fighting for myself. The difference is hope. I guess the 10th is hope day for me.

"Hope dances in the puddles until the sun come out again".
SoberLeigh is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SoberLeigh For This Useful Post:
Conquest (02-03-2016), Dee74 (02-03-2016), Mark1014 (02-03-2016), venuscat (02-02-2016)
Old 02-02-2016, 09:51 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Member
 
SoberLeigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: East Coast USA
Posts: 115,480
Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
Not even 8:15 and I'm headed for bed.....will be a very early start tomorrow!

I hope all this torrential rain doesn't turn to snow for you east coasters.
It's going to be too warm here for that, Arbor; high near 62 degrees tomorrow. Some areas may see some flooding, though.
SoberLeigh is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SoberLeigh For This Useful Post:
Conquest (02-03-2016), Dee74 (02-03-2016), venuscat (02-02-2016)
Old 02-02-2016, 09:53 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Member
 
SoberLeigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: East Coast USA
Posts: 115,480
Goodnight, Octsobers; see you tomorrow.
SoberLeigh is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SoberLeigh For This Useful Post:
Conquest (02-03-2016), Dee74 (02-03-2016), phoebe64 (02-03-2016), venuscat (02-02-2016)
Old 02-02-2016, 10:33 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII
 
Briar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: California
Posts: 2,802
Blog Entries: 37
Wow Leigh, that quote was exactly what I needed to hear. I was just despairing a bit thinking of how I will inevitably cycle back into depression and how easy it will be to forget all the progress I've made, or to believe it never really happened at all (wherever I'm at on the bipolar spectrum, I tend to believe that everything I perceived at the other end was an illusion). When I feel good, I'm always afraid I will eventually lose all the positive things I believe. But that quote reminded me that hope is a constant undercurrent in my life. And even if that's the only light I have when everything else goes dark, that's all I need at that point.

Thank you for that.
Briar is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Briar For This Useful Post:
Conquest (02-03-2016), Dee74 (02-03-2016), phoebe64 (02-03-2016), SoberLeigh (02-03-2016), venuscat (02-02-2016)
Old 02-02-2016, 10:38 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Member
 
SoberLeigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: East Coast USA
Posts: 115,480
Originally Posted by Briar View Post
Wow Leigh, that quote was exactly what I needed to hear. I was just despairing a bit thinking of how I will inevitably cycle back into depression and how easy it will be to forget all the progress I've made, or to believe it never really happened at all (wherever I'm at on the bipolar spectrum, I tend to believe that everything I perceived at the other end was an illusion). When I feel good, I'm always afraid I will eventually lose all the positive things I believe. But that quote reminded me that hope is a constant undercurrent in my life. And even if that's the only light I have when everything else goes dark, that's all I need at that point.

Thank you for that.

Love and hugs to you, Briar.
SoberLeigh is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SoberLeigh For This Useful Post:
Conquest (02-03-2016), Dee74 (02-03-2016), phoebe64 (02-03-2016), venuscat (02-02-2016)
Old 02-03-2016, 02:40 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Member
 
Mark1014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Deep South US
Posts: 6,773
Good morning gang.

That really was an awesome quote Leigh. I can just see Briar dancing about in her pink boots!

I wish I could share a bit of hope with a couple of folks on the 24. Makes for a melancholy start to the day to look back over posts that show a season of hopelessness. I'll try and shift my thoughts this morning to how proud I am of the resilient October team we've got here! My inspiration.

Gym time.
Mark1014 is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mark1014 For This Useful Post:
BrighterDayz (02-03-2016), Conquest (02-03-2016), Dee74 (02-03-2016), phoebe64 (02-03-2016), SoberLeigh (02-03-2016), venuscat (02-03-2016)
Old 02-03-2016, 04:25 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Member
 
Conquest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,697
Isn't it amazing, the difference in a year's time? So proud of you, Briar, and each of the Octobers still keeping there eyes focused on hope!

Gotta run for now!
Conquest is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Conquest For This Useful Post:
Arbor (02-03-2016), Dee74 (02-03-2016), Mark1014 (02-03-2016), phoebe64 (02-03-2016), SoberLeigh (02-03-2016), venuscat (02-03-2016)
Old 02-03-2016, 05:45 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Member
 
Arbor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: New England
Posts: 3,731
True that Conquest. How are YOU doing?

No snow here Mark. Been almost 60 degrees all week.

Have a great day guys.
Arbor is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Arbor For This Useful Post:
Conquest (02-03-2016), Dee74 (02-03-2016), Mark1014 (02-03-2016), phoebe64 (02-03-2016), SoberLeigh (02-03-2016), venuscat (02-03-2016)
Old 02-03-2016, 07:20 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Member
 
SoberLeigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: East Coast USA
Posts: 115,480
Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
Good morning gang.

That really was an awesome quote Leigh. I can just see Briar dancing about in her pink boots!

I wish I could share a bit of hope with a couple of folks on the 24. Makes for a melancholy start to the day to look back over posts that show a season of hopelessness. I'll try and shift my thoughts this morning to how proud I am of the resilient October team we've got here! My inspiration.

Gym time.

Mark, your beautiful presence here, IS hope . . and resilience . . and determination . . and courage . .
SoberLeigh is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SoberLeigh For This Useful Post:
Conquest (02-03-2016), Dee74 (02-03-2016), Mark1014 (02-03-2016), phoebe64 (02-03-2016), venuscat (02-03-2016)
Old 02-03-2016, 07:21 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Member
 
SoberLeigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: East Coast USA
Posts: 115,480
Happy Wednesday/Thursday, all.
SoberLeigh is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SoberLeigh For This Useful Post:
Conquest (02-03-2016), Dee74 (02-03-2016), Mark1014 (02-03-2016), phoebe64 (02-03-2016), venuscat (02-03-2016)
Old 02-03-2016, 07:43 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Member
 
phoebe64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,639
Good morning gang. Rainy, dreary day here, but I did get the dog out for a decent walk while it was just a mist/drizzle. I have been so tired this week! I feel like crawling back into bed, but am going to go force myself to exercise on my elliptical in hopes that it perks me up.

Hope you all have a nice day. Later, I bring daughter to her volunteer gig at dog shelter. It is going to be a soggy afternoon for her. I will go wander around Target, per my usual routine. There is a Starbucks there as well. Later, we have an event for son's class at school. They do exhibitions of what they are learning. Should be fun.

And it is Taco Wednesday, lol. Was going to have taco Tuesday, but daughter asked for burgers. So, rolling some remaining ground beef, and some turkey into taco Wednesday. It will be nice and quick between getting home with her, and racing off for his event.
phoebe64 is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to phoebe64 For This Useful Post:
Conquest (02-03-2016), Dee74 (02-03-2016), Mark1014 (02-03-2016), SoberLeigh (02-03-2016), venuscat (02-03-2016)
Old 02-03-2016, 07:48 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Member
 
SoberLeigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: East Coast USA
Posts: 115,480
Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Good morning gang. Rainy, dreary day here, but I did get the dog out for a decent walk while it was just a mist/drizzle. I have been so tired this week! I feel like crawling back into bed, but am going to go force myself to exercise on my elliptical in hopes that it perks me up.

Hope you all have a nice day. Later, I bring daughter to her volunteer gig at dog shelter. It is going to be a soggy afternoon for her. I will go wander around Target, per my usual routine. There is a Starbucks there as well. Later, we have an event for son's class at school. They do exhibitions of what they are learning. Should be fun.

And it is Taco Wednesday, lol. Was going to have taco Tuesday, but daughter asked for burgers. So, rolling some remaining ground beef, and some turkey into taco Wednesday. It will be nice and quick between getting home with her, and racing off for his event.
Tacos (in the hard shell) are on the menu for tomorrow night evening!!!! I've been craving them since last week.

Order me a Caramel Machiato - shall I meet you about 4:00? We'll have fun!!!!
SoberLeigh is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SoberLeigh For This Useful Post:
Conquest (02-03-2016), Dee74 (02-03-2016), phoebe64 (02-03-2016), venuscat (02-03-2016)
Old 02-03-2016, 03:08 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII
 
Briar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: California
Posts: 2,802
Blog Entries: 37
In honor of all the rain lately...and cute cats...here's a fun pic:

Briar is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Briar For This Useful Post:
Conquest (02-03-2016), Dee74 (02-03-2016), SoberLeigh (02-03-2016), venuscat (02-03-2016)
Old 02-03-2016, 03:13 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Grateful Member ♥
 
venuscat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: German Village, Columbus with my love ♥
Posts: 63,755
^^^

Have I shown you guys this one?



(She's in it right now...she LOVES that box).
venuscat is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to venuscat For This Useful Post:
BrighterDayz (02-04-2016), Conquest (02-03-2016), Dee74 (02-03-2016), Mark1014 (02-03-2016), phoebe64 (02-03-2016), SoberLeigh (02-03-2016)
Old 02-03-2016, 03:18 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Member
 
phoebe64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,639
Cat in a box, such a classic, V! I love it! That cat I used to have would do that too.
phoebe64 is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to phoebe64 For This Useful Post:
Conquest (02-03-2016), Dee74 (02-03-2016), SoberLeigh (02-03-2016), venuscat (02-03-2016)
Old 02-03-2016, 06:14 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Member
 
SoberLeigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: East Coast USA
Posts: 115,480
Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
^^^

Have I shown you guys this one?



(She's in it right now...she LOVES that box).

She is very cute, venuscat.
SoberLeigh is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SoberLeigh For This Useful Post:
Conquest (02-03-2016), Dee74 (02-03-2016), venuscat (02-03-2016)
Old 02-03-2016, 06:15 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Member
 
SoberLeigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: East Coast USA
Posts: 115,480
Originally Posted by Briar View Post
In honor of all the rain lately...and cute cats...here's a fun pic:

Very cute. People are so clever, aren't they Briar!!!!
SoberLeigh is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SoberLeigh For This Useful Post:
Conquest (02-03-2016), Dee74 (02-03-2016), venuscat (02-03-2016)
Old 02-03-2016, 06:18 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Member
 
SoberLeigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: East Coast USA
Posts: 115,480
Goodnight, all; catch you tomorrow.
SoberLeigh is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SoberLeigh For This Useful Post:
Conquest (02-03-2016), Dee74 (02-03-2016), Mark1014 (02-03-2016), phoebe64 (02-03-2016), venuscat (02-03-2016)
Old 02-03-2016, 06:24 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Member
 
Mark1014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Deep South US
Posts: 6,773
Goodnight Leigh. Have turned in and doing a little reading myself.

Nice pic of little Venus. She looks quite content in her little safe box. I had a black cat once. It was 1/4 bobcat and had no tail.
Mark1014 is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mark1014 For This Useful Post:
Conquest (02-03-2016), Dee74 (02-03-2016), SoberLeigh (02-03-2016), venuscat (02-03-2016)
Old 02-03-2016, 06:31 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Member
 
SoberLeigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: East Coast USA
Posts: 115,480
Sleep well, Mark.
SoberLeigh is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SoberLeigh For This Useful Post:
Conquest (02-03-2016), Dee74 (02-03-2016), venuscat (02-03-2016)

Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:22 PM.