Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 26

Old 02-10-2016, 11:10 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have a streak of perfectionism in me too - gets me in trouble still.
Old 02-11-2016, 04:13 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

So glad to hear you're enjoying your work Venus! I can't wait to hear more.

Make it a great day guys!
Old 02-11-2016, 10:31 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Happy Thursday/Friday, all!!!!

It is so cold here - brrrrr.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:26 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Got it all done, in bed by midnight! I'm pretty sure I found all the cat puke...I hope.

Today is my Friday as tomorrow is a government holiday. Stoked! I was going to keep my daughter home, but her teacher asked her to come at least part of the day for their Valentine's Day party. Then she suggested my daughter stay for naptime so I can have some time for myself. I was like this chick is brilliant!!! So I'll have some free time tomorrow. I'm already thinking of chores that desperately need doing...but I'm going to make it a priority to spend some time doing basically nothing. Woo!!!

V I'm so glad you're enjoying your work!

Stay warm Leigh!
Old 02-11-2016, 03:12 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Conquest View Post
I feel your pain, Briar. Some days (weeks, months, too) it feels like all burners are on high.
I remember saying something like this to my wife a few months back. "I feel like I'm always on." The productivity IS astronomically high and thats a good thing, but you can burn yourself out by the end of the week if your not careful. It's all good though cause I was looking for this kind of energy and excitement again. I was twenty pounds overweight and quickly lost that.
Old 02-11-2016, 03:17 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Enjoy your day off, Briar, and have a little Briar Time.
Old 02-11-2016, 03:49 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Haha Arbor - I saw this T-shirt today and thought of you!

Old 02-11-2016, 03:59 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

That is hysterical, Briar.
Old 02-11-2016, 04:41 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Yep! That's a good one Briar. Its pretty funny how adaptable I've become to very poor quality of sleep. I can imagine how awesome of a person I could potentially be with a steady, consistent sleep schedule. Ahhh...one can only dream. My four year old has been getting up at 6:30am lately. I'm up at 6 and out the door, but it really screws with the baby and mama who want to catch a few more zzz's. He wakes everybody the hell up with turning on that hall light! I finally had to say to him, if you get up before 7 (he has a clock and knows how to read it) you have to stay in your room. You can go potty, but stay in your room and read a book until everyone gets up.
Old 02-11-2016, 04:44 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

That sounds like a good deal to me, Arbor; sleep is so important for the MaMa.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:28 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Goodnight, Octsobers; see you tomorrow.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:53 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

I've been sitting out back to wind down this pleasant evening enjoying the little sliver of waxing crescent moon smiling up there. I quite like that.

I am fortunate to get plenty of sleep but do remember when that wasn't the case.....both from kids and from my own doing due to the 2-3 o'clock night sweats from drinking. Have moved on from both.

Good night Leigh. Headed that way myself.
Old 02-11-2016, 06:14 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Mark, a slice of Strat Cake would go nicely with that moon!!!!!!! It does look like a smile tonight, doesn't it!!!
Old 02-11-2016, 07:02 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Good strategy, Arbor. Mine usually sleeps until 7, which seemed really early before I had a kid. A friend recently asked me if I'm even capable of sleeping in anymore, and I honestly don't know because, seriously, when would I have an opportunity to test that?!
Old 02-12-2016, 02:48 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Good morning gang and happy Friday!

A long weekend coming up for the kids. They're nocturnal creatures and I'm not sure when they sleep. Well, they are asleep now.

Wishing each of you the best day

Gym time!
Old 02-12-2016, 05:23 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Yeah, Briar. I've had the rare opportunity to sleep until 8 or so, but if I even can I wake feeling off. Something about sticking to that 6am schedule is key. I see it with the children when it comes to routine. So why am I even complaining? Lol.
Old 02-12-2016, 06:51 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

I was never much of a late sleeper, but I seem to be able to sleep in a bit nowadays, if I have the time. Once the kids get older, and if they don't need to be anywhere, they can fix themselves a bowl of cereal and read or watch a bit of TV.

However, when my kids were babies, I would actually get up before them, as early as 5:30 or 6am, just to have a cup of coffee alone. I need time to be alone and quiet, but awake. I love a quiet house! I stayed up late for the same reason, so that is why I am big on napping, if I get the chance.

Next year, for the first time since having children, they will both be on the same schedule!! Oops, I lied. They did go to the same elementary school for 3 years. Anyway, it will be really nice to have a consistent routine. This year, daughter goes at 6:40ish, and son at almost 9am. He doesn't get home until 4. She gets home at 2:40.

The kids have next week off school. Not sure what we will do. We still have not lined up a dog sitter, so our outings are constrained by his needs. I do think I could have the boy across the street walk him. They have a golden retriever and he is a seasoned dog owner. Huxley adores him. I think he pulls too hard after a couple of other dogs in the 'hood for the inexperienced kids to walk him. He is strong now!! I need to do more training. He lunges and growls horribly after two specific dogs, if we see them. It is horribly embarrassing, and if I were on the other end of it, I would be frightened. One is a very confident husky, the other a chihuahua. His tail wags when he does it, thankfully.

Are many of you getting this cold snap? Freezing here. Too cold to walk the dog. He was lifting his feet on the driveway just in the 5 minutes we were out waiting with son for the bus. I must say, having a dog is good for my SAD issues. It forces me out much more than I would otherwise choose to be. And it also keeps me from being as lazy and depressed as I might otherwise be. So, that is a good thing for my health. He also brings all of us some joy. I need more joy.

I have been unplugging and trying to do more hobbies and digging into some cleaning and purging. Maybe I can get the kids on board to help me do that next week!
Old 02-12-2016, 10:57 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Phoebe, this phase of my life includes a bit of self discovery on what brings me joy. For so many years I was so involved with career goals and young children that I lost myself along the way. A common thing I imagine. Now I don't mean to say that every day has to be about some fantastic self centered event, but I do think it's time to check a few things off the list!

Sunny and 68 here.....I'm actually doing a bit of sunbathing on a long lunch. I pulled up the New England forecast.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:28 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
I was never much of a late sleeper, but I seem to be able to sleep in a bit nowadays, if I have the time. Once the kids get older, and if they don't need to be anywhere, they can fix themselves a bowl of cereal and read or watch a bit of TV.

However, when my kids were babies, I would actually get up before them, as early as 5:30 or 6am, just to have a cup of coffee alone. I need time to be alone and quiet, but awake. I love a quiet house! I stayed up late for the same reason, so that is why I am big on napping, if I get the chance.

Next year, for the first time since having children, they will both be on the same schedule!! Oops, I lied. They did go to the same elementary school for 3 years. Anyway, it will be really nice to have a consistent routine. This year, daughter goes at 6:40ish, and son at almost 9am. He doesn't get home until 4. She gets home at 2:40.

The kids have next week off school. Not sure what we will do. We still have not lined up a dog sitter, so our outings are constrained by his needs. I do think I could have the boy across the street walk him. They have a golden retriever and he is a seasoned dog owner. Huxley adores him. I think he pulls too hard after a couple of other dogs in the 'hood for the inexperienced kids to walk him. He is strong now!! I need to do more training. He lunges and growls horribly after two specific dogs, if we see them. It is horribly embarrassing, and if I were on the other end of it, I would be frightened. One is a very confident husky, the other a chihuahua. His tail wags when he does it, thankfully.

Are many of you getting this cold snap? Freezing here. Too cold to walk the dog. He was lifting his feet on the driveway just in the 5 minutes we were out waiting with son for the bus. I must say, having a dog is good for my SAD issues. It forces me out much more than I would otherwise choose to be. And it also keeps me from being as lazy and depressed as I might otherwise be. So, that is a good thing for my health. He also brings all of us some joy. I need more joy.

I have been unplugging and trying to do more hobbies and digging into some cleaning and purging. Maybe I can get the kids on board to help me do that next week!
It is bitter cold here, too, phoebe, and getting colder. Brrrrr.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:31 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Happy Friday/Saturday, all.

Hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend.