Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 5

Old 02-02-2016, 04:54 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thumpalumpacus View Post
AV is rather persistent tonight.
Not sure what time of day it is there, but could you go for a walk? Or go out and get an icecream or something to distract yourself?
Keep reminding yourself how far you've already come x
Old 02-02-2016, 05:01 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thumpalumpacus View Post
AV is rather persistent tonight.
Tell it to bugger off. It is just a mosquito buzzing in your ear. Take a newspaper and smash it against the wall. You are much bigger and much stronger that that voice. Hang in there Thump. How about a movie or learning a new song on the guitar?
Old 02-02-2016, 06:01 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Just wanted to pop in. Thinking of all of you and checking for new posts during the day. I am a bit blah myself although I took my four year old out for frozen yogurt after school and it was so nice bonding with him(I rarely spend alone time with him.) Mood wise I am much better but my eating is out of control. Ugh

Anyone heard from Silly?
CONGRATULATIONS ON 1 MONTH!!!!

Sorry I missed it hun!!! You're amazing xxxxxxxx
Old 02-02-2016, 06:37 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Sorry Thump, chin up hon, spring is just around the corner, so tell that AV to go F*** off.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:38 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

It will get better, Penguin, but we have to get through the bad days first! Hang in there, you can do this!
Old 02-02-2016, 06:39 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Originally Posted by Nic233 View Post
Not sure what time of day it is there, but could you go for a walk? Or go out and get an icecream or something to distract yourself?
Keep reminding yourself how far you've already come x
I'm at work. The key is to get to midnight without buying any beer from our cooler. So far so good.

Feeling better, thinking my way through the thicket of feelings and reaffirming my priorities. Self-doubt is an SoB, y'know?
Old 02-02-2016, 06:41 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 1 month KDB and Sunflower!!!
Old 02-02-2016, 06:50 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Day 26 for me, and 8 days of no cigarettes or caffeine. I have more cravings for a cigarette than the others, but I am sticking with this, hoping by breaking all three addictions, I can reclaim my life instead of being a slave to my addictions.

Well, I haven’t heard from the company I interviewed for, so I am bummed out this evening. My AV whispered here and there today, but I wasn’t even close to caving.

I walked the dog this morning for 45 minutes, and will walk her again after dinner. If nothing else, I will shed some weight before summer.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:09 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Odelle View Post
Day 26 for me, and 8 days of no cigarettes or caffeine. I have more cravings for a cigarette than the others, but I am sticking with this, hoping by breaking all three addictions, I can reclaim my life instead of being a slave to my addictions.

Well, I haven’t heard from the company I interviewed for, so I am bummed out this evening. My AV whispered here and there today, but I wasn’t even close to caving.

I walked the dog this morning for 45 minutes, and will walk her again after dinner. If nothing else, I will shed some weight before summer.
You're doing so great Odelle. Hopefully you will hear something soon about your interview. I know Companies can be a bit slack and drag their feet sometimes.
I couldn't imagine giving up 3 things at once! That's pretty amazing. I struggle with the no alcohol and trying to keep my diet in check!! I've been drinking a lot more coffee than I ever did before but for me that's still a huge step in the right direction for me personally. Cigarettes are tough... I quit about 5 years ago and found it a struggle. After 8 days though you just have to keep going. They say the first 2 weeks is the hardest with nicotine i think...
So you're heading towards a month girl!!! Ignore your AV and keep on moving forward-what a great feeling it is to be sober and living our lives clearly!!! xxx HUGS
Old 02-02-2016, 08:08 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Nice and cozy here with my sleepy time tea. My sleep has really changed in sobriety and I love the deep sleep I get -- no more heart pounding out of my chest in the middle of the night.

Congrats on Day 30 Sunflower & KDB! That's something to be really proud of.

Thump - hope you feel better soon. Do you work in a store? You mentioned working hard to not buy beer before you get off. That would be a temptation for sure. Hope you're proud each time you make that choice!

Odelle - I'm with Nic...that's pretty amazing of you to kick three addictions at once! Good for you---you are one strong lady! I'm sorry you haven't heard from someone following your interview. It's hard to play the waiting game. If you don't hear, perhaps that means the really right job is waiting for you. Thinking of you and Lulu as you both search for that right fit.

MAV - Wishing you a good trip to London. With 33 days & counting under your belt you got this!

Caramel - Lol! Definitely wish I wouldn't have googled huntsman. Yikes!

Nic - glad you're feeling better and settled down after your mom's visit. You've come so far and I love hearing your words of wisdom. As for posting when you're down, so glad some of our great class were on here to help. Take care!

So we haven't heard from SH or Olivia in a couple of days. Anyone else missing?
Hope they are ok and just busy.

Wrapping up day 33 here and heading to bed soon. Thinking of you all & wishing everyone a Good Sober night or day.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:17 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Nic, I really thought coffee would be hard, I've only been drinking it nearly 4 decades. I took some breaks before, but always went back to it. The one noticeable difference is the nice and even calm, which I think is making the smoking quit easier this time.

I can't thank you enough for your positive and cheery messages of encouragement, not just to me, but to everyone in this class. We're lucky to have you here!
Old 02-02-2016, 08:22 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

What is huntsman? I could only find hunter type info and I'm sure that's not it. Is it Brit speak ? which I love ever so.

I'm day 10 I believe and feeling strong. Much stronger after first heinous detox in July. Had a few minor relapses of one night only and then got back up. This last relapse I drank daily for a week and had withdrawals again. Creepy dreams, insomnia, sweats.

Not a lot of AV chatter. Definitely will be woo hooing at day 21, then on to 30!

Take care all
Old 02-02-2016, 08:22 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
Nice and cozy here with my sleepy time tea. My sleep has really changed in sobriety and I love the deep sleep I get -- no more heart pounding out of my chest in the middle of the night.

Congrats on Day 30 Sunflower & KDB! That's something to be really proud of.

Thump - hope you feel better soon. Do you work in a store? You mentioned working hard to not buy beer before you get off. That would be a temptation for sure. Hope you're proud each time you make that choice!

Odelle - I'm with Nic...that's pretty amazing of you to kick three addictions at once! Good for you---you are one strong lady! I'm sorry you haven't heard from someone following your interview. It's hard to play the waiting game. If you don't hear, perhaps that means the really right job is waiting for you. Thinking of you and Lulu as you both search for that right fit.

MAV - Wishing you a good trip to London. With 33 days & counting under your belt you got this!

Caramel - Lol! Definitely wish I wouldn't have googled huntsman. Yikes!

Nic - glad you're feeling better and settled down after your mom's visit. You've come so far and I love hearing your words of wisdom. As for posting when you're down, so glad some of our great class were on here to help. Take care!

So we haven't heard from SH or Olivia in a couple of days. Anyone else missing?
Hope they are ok and just busy.

Wrapping up day 33 here and heading to bed soon. Thinking of you all & wishing everyone a Good Sober night or day.
Thanks so much Bandicoot.... Our class certainly is the best i think! !

I'm worried about our missing classmates too... life does get busy though so hopefully they are taking good care of themselves and will be back soon with an update
Old 02-02-2016, 08:24 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Odelle View Post
Nic, I really thought coffee would be hard, I've only been drinking it nearly 4 decades. I took some breaks before, but always went back to it. The one noticeable difference is the nice and even calm, which I think is making the smoking quit easier this time.

I can't thank you enough for your positive and cheery messages of encouragement, not just to me, but to everyone in this class. We're lucky to have you here!
That's actually made me a little emotional.. Thankyou so much... I feel very lucky to BE here with all of you wonderful people...xxx
Old 02-02-2016, 08:24 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

This really is a supportive group. Glad you're feeling better Nic and continuing on encouraging others.
Everyone is doing so well. I'm on day
10 today. Honestly when I joined in late Jan, I just wanted to start posting but expected to end up in the Feb class. But I'm still here! The past 10 days haven't been too bad. I know this is annoying for some to hear and it will be tougher from now on I think. It's still very early days but I have enjoyed the little benefits of sobriety. I can just leave my house to go to the local shop without having to use eye drops, brush my teeth, mints, milk or anything else so I don't look drunk. I wash my face before bed. I can talk to anyone without being worried. I can drive at anytime. Even some grade 6 students said I looked different and had an "image change". I only go to this school every 5 or 6 weeks. It's these little things that I am enjoying. I feel free!
However, I know from past experience these things will become normal and then the real test will start. Even last night, I just casually thought I might have drink. It just appeared in my head and I had to remind myself that I don't drink and did the laundry. I do miss chilling out though. Atm, I am still cleaning but I do want time to just sit and chill. I'll need to work on that. It was a problem last time. Also, this time round I haven't lost any weight. Last time, I lost about 7 kg in a month and felt great. It was summer then though. And I felt so great I thought I deserved a reward on making it to a month! Stupid!!
Odelle that's incredible you've given up smoking too. It is definitely on my list but for sure the hardest of the three I think.
Sorry to those that can hear your AV. We need to start listening to our SV instead. Thinking of all the freedoms we now have in our lives. The drinking life is very exhausting, unproductive and dangerous. It does not have to be a choice for us anymore.
Enjoy your day/nights. Take care.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:25 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

KDB-- I'm so sorry I missed you.. CONGRATULATIONS on your 1 month sober..... AMAZING!!! I can't wait to reach a month! xxxx
Old 02-02-2016, 08:27 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Hiya Bandy, I'm a shift supervisor at a gas station. Most of them time I don't think about the beer at all at work -- in my professional state of mind, it's "product", not a buzz waiting to happen.

But on nights like tonight the temptation can get pretty tough. I'm far past the angst I was feeling earlier, though. My emotions are like the Texas weather ... down here we say"If you don't like the weather, just wait fifteen minutes."

Same deal as the roller coaster, y'know?
Old 02-02-2016, 08:30 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Just checking in to say hi!!! Finishing up Day 33, and was very happy to see the scale 10 pounds lighter this morning. I started Weight Watchers the same day as sobriety, definitely a good healthy start to the new year!

Congratulations on 30 days Sunflower and KDB!!!
Old 02-02-2016, 08:30 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sadie1 View Post
What is huntsman? I could only find hunter type info and I'm sure that's not it. Is it Brit speak ? which I love ever so.

I'm day 10 I believe and feeling strong. Much stronger after first heinous detox in July. Had a few minor relapses of one night only and then got back up. This last relapse I drank daily for a week and had withdrawals again. Creepy dreams, insomnia, sweats.

Not a lot of AV chatter. Definitely will be woo hooing at day 21, then on to 30!

Take care all
Huntsman is a hairy gross spider that we have here in Australia. Non-venomous but can grow to be quite huge!!
Old 02-02-2016, 08:58 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Just checking in to say hi!!! Finishing up Day 33, and was very happy to see the scale 10 pounds lighter this morning. I started Weight Watchers the same day as sobriety, definitely a good healthy start to the new year!

Congratulations on 30 days Sunflower and KDB!!!
That's a great loss! I also joined WW on my first day and have managed about 3kg... I'm hapy with that seeing as I'm shoving lollies and chocolate down my face a lot of the time haha!! xWell done on day 33