SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 5 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/384246-class-january-2016-support-thread-part-5-a.html)

RallyAly 02-02-2016 09:43 AM

Day 20! No headaches the past couple of days (it's entirely possible that those are allergy related - I'm planning to wash all pillows and blankets in addition to sheets). Acne - blech. Sugar cravings are in check. Ability to concentrate for work is improving. I've been getting great sleep - though still sleeping more than normal (As was the case after quitting smoking). Turns out I may not actually *like* coffee much (things you discover when you don't need it to get going in the morning). AV was chattering last night about how great a night of beer and DVR catch-up would be for some night later this week (I see your sneaky tricks, AV).

VirginiaWoof 02-02-2016 11:22 AM

Hi ladies and gents

I blew being a member of the January 2016 club so will have to transfer to the Feb 2016 club BUT just wanted to pop in and say well done x

CarrieBradshaw 02-02-2016 11:49 AM

Coasting through day 9! Yesterday was the first day I didn't obsessively think about NOT drinking. I was busy and productive at work, which carried over into wanting to get a thousand things done around the house, and finally showering and relaxing for the evening. Drinking hasn't crossed my mind today, either! The fogginess seems to have disappeared and I'm thinking more clearly and working harder than I have in a long time! I never want this euphoric feeling to end, although I know each day brings something different. Tomorrow is day 10 and more importantly, Thursday is day 11. I haven't been sober for 11 consecutive days in at least 5 years, maybe more.

CarrieBradshaw 02-02-2016 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by kdbnslc (Post 5774272)
one month today!!!!!

congrats!!!

bandicoot2 02-02-2016 01:00 PM

Congrats Carrie on Day 9!

Congrats Rally on Day 20!

And Virginia, hope you pop in again and keep us updated. Hope Feb. is YOUR month!

Caramel 02-02-2016 01:28 PM

Day 11 has arrived for me, for which I'm so grateful.
Isn't it curious how several of us, at varying stages of our journey, became almost simultaneously enmeshed in "low" feelings yesterday. "In the air", indeed, SandyO. Thankfully I feel more cheery today and the wave of sadness has retreated.
How many of those who googled h*ntsman wish they hadn't :scared:
They don't live in my country and I don't want 'em.
VirginiaWoof I like your name and the dawg photo! Go well in February.
*hugs* to all, have a good day :)

Thumpalumpacus 02-02-2016 01:55 PM

The pleasant morning has turned a little bleh. Still dealing with a bundle of emotions, and catching myself trying to get upset about it. It gets tiring, and I want to move on, but it feels like a morass right now.

Oh well. Not drinking today, and I'm almost through with my workweek. Digging back into the speaker-cab build on Thursday.

Hope all's well for y'all.

Nic233 02-02-2016 02:25 PM

Good morning my lovelies,

Thanks so much for your support yesterday when I was feeling down and struggling. I've woken up to day 24 sober and feeling myself again.
Odelle I do have to learn to put a distance between my Mum at times in order to avoid theses petty disagreements.. She just doesn't get what this disease is really about and although she does her best to be supportive, it makes it hard. Anyway enough already.
Hope everyone has a great sober day today. Will check in again with you all later.. 6.20 am here so off to get ready for work..
Love our group. Xxx

Nic233 02-02-2016 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Thumpalumpacus (Post 5775644)
The pleasant morning has turned a little bleh. Still dealing with a bundle of emotions, and catching myself trying to get upset about it. It gets tiring, and I want to move on, but it feels like a morass right now.

Oh well. Not drinking today, and I'm almost through with my workweek. Digging back into the speaker-cab build on Thursday.

Hope all's well for y'all.

Hope you start feeling better soon Thumpa... Emotions are tough to deal with when we've been numbing them for so long hey..
Sending you huge hugs xxx

Pedro1234 02-02-2016 02:42 PM

Morning all! Hope you are all feeling well. Have a great day everyone :)

Thumpalumpacus 02-02-2016 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Nic233 (Post 5775685)
Hope you start feeling better soon Thumpa... Emotions are tough to deal with when we've been numbing them for so long hey..
Sending you huge hugs xxx

Yeah, after the last few days of smooth sailing emotionally, even the sight of the roller coaster has me nauseous.

I really have to find the wellspring here and put a spigot on it.

Nic233 02-02-2016 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Thumpalumpacus (Post 5775708)
Yeah, after the last few days of smooth sailing emotionally, even the sight of the roller coaster has me nauseous.

I really have to find the wellspring here and put a spigot on it.

Don't forget we are in it together X :grouphug:

Sunflowerlife 02-02-2016 03:13 PM

Just wanted to pop in. Thinking of all of you and checking for new posts during the day. I am a bit blah myself although I took my four year old out for frozen yogurt after school and it was so nice bonding with him(I rarely spend alone time with him.) Mood wise I am much better but my eating is out of control. Ugh

Anyone heard from Silly?

ProudPenguin 02-02-2016 03:40 PM

Just an update

Been very busy but a bit low these couple of days , but I'm fine . Attended meetings every evening and its the end of day 10 . Huge cravings , many thoughts , mindfulness and AV trying to convince me that maybe I'm not an alcoholic. Ugh hate that , but I'll get through this , I know it will get better

Thumpalumpacus 02-02-2016 03:40 PM

Haven't seen her for a few days. :(

mav 02-02-2016 03:50 PM

Evening all. Nothing much to report. Have had a run of looong work days recently which would usually be a huge trigger. Somehow getting through with some resilience. In London for 2 days on business from tomorrow... Could be challenging. Hotel, expenses, etc.

Hope everyone is doing well - thoughts to those who are feeling the strain a bit atm - keep your heads up and don't let the AV get you when you're vulnerable xx

:grouphug:

Nic233 02-02-2016 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife (Post 5775732)
Just wanted to pop in. Thinking of all of you and checking for new posts during the day. I am a bit blah myself although I took my four year old out for frozen yogurt after school and it was so nice bonding with him(I rarely spend alone time with him.) Mood wise I am much better but my eating is out of control. Ugh

Anyone heard from Silly?

Don't worry about the eating for now...it will settle (hopefully!!! :))

I was also looking on here for Silly yesterday as noticed she hadn't posted. Really hope she's ok....

I do love how our class all care for one another...

Nic233 02-02-2016 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by ProudPenguin (Post 5775763)
Been very busy but a bit low these couple of days , but I'm fine . Attended meetings every evening and its the end of day 10 . Huge cravings , many thoughts , mindfulness and AV trying to convince me that maybe I'm not an alcoholic. Ugh hate that , but I'll get through this , I know it will get better

WOW PP- You're doing amazing. Well done on meetings and realising that it's your AV trying to persuade you that you can drink.

I also have those regular thoughts in my good moments when I also wonder if maybe I will be ok to return to "Normal" drinking but also know that it's not possible and it's my AV trying to win...
Keep going- you're doing so great x:You_Rock_

Thumpalumpacus 02-02-2016 04:47 PM

AV is rather persistent tonight.

Nic233 02-02-2016 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by MAV (Post 5775781)
Evening all. Nothing much to report. Have had a run of looong work days recently which would usually be a huge trigger. Somehow getting through with some resilience. In London for 2 days on business from tomorrow... Could be challenging. Hotel, expenses, etc.

Hope everyone is doing well - thoughts to those who are feeling the strain a bit atm - keep your heads up and don't let the AV get you when you're vulnerable xx

:grouphug:

Mav, it sounds like you are doing great and putting plans in place for the tougher moments. Stay close to SR x