SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 5 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/384246-class-january-2016-support-thread-part-5-a.html)

JL2014 02-01-2016 04:32 PM

I'm with odelle, Pedro.
Everyone matters, and everyone brings their own things to the group. I've been a boo hoo baby inside, all weekend from the pain vibes coming off of my inlaw family.
I was a lot lot tougher when I was younger, but only because I hadn't lived enough life yet to know what was really important.
Thank y'all for the kind words.
Today I'm sober !
Thankful for that

Thumpalumpacus 02-01-2016 04:38 PM

It's a good day today. Happily sober and at peace with both the good and the bad tonight. It's amazing what can happen when we decide to stop embracing our hurts ... difficult as it sounds, it is doable.

Pedro, I'm with the others -- everyone has a valuable perspective to offer.

Wishing everyone here a great day/evening.

patricia68 02-01-2016 04:55 PM

Sunflowerlife, I would love to learn about the breathing techniques.

M1A1 02-01-2016 05:06 PM

I suck at this again. My dad was moved from a hospital to a long term acute care facility for the third time today. I'd rather see him pass away than to continue to endure the pain he is in. I'm back to drinking to ease the pain for what is obvious.

gypsytears 02-01-2016 05:10 PM

Hi peeps . Haven't posted in a few days, getting home late and super tired. My hours are not the regular 9-5 they promised. Going in at 8am and finishing at midnight? No time for reading back sorry. I was glad to see that JL poured out a drink though. Awesome.

Did a little yoga when I got in. When I got in I was extremely cranky and tearful... not having am easy time at this new job the past few days. They have me doing things not inline with what I applied and was hired for and I'm getting fed up with it and aggravated already. I politely told the manager that they're underutilizing me making me do stupid **** while they let the stupid ones do the thing I was hired for... but I need the money so I said it cheerfully and said I'd do whatever they want but... blah blah blah. The manager said hang in, they're pairing down and weeding out people so I'll be able to get to that point. Great, but I'm kinda mad I have to start so low when no one else is. This is a brand new place mind you so we're all basically equal.

I walked into the bf's house on edge and ended up crying because he asked how my day was. Then it turned into hm cooking himself dinner and eating without me even though he knows I prefer to eat together. That didn't set well with my mood, as did his cutting me off about washing my dark clothes with other colors (lint/fuzz). Stupid nonsense but upsetting non the less.

He's watching TV and I'm here with you, waiting on my AA friend to call. Neither of us can make a meeting tonight. Yes, I thought about drinking for a brief moment. He's drinking now. He came in to see what I was doing and I just said reading that forum for alcoholics that have partners that still drink and how hard it is for us... or at least me anyway.

Made gluten free cookies yesterday so I had an ice cream sandwich in bed for dinner since he didn't bother to eat with me. Did I mention I'm cranky?

18 days today.

Caramel 02-01-2016 05:17 PM

((m1a1))
- I don't know why but I can't put those letters in capitals!

Thumpalumpacus 02-01-2016 06:26 PM

M1A1, I know you know this already, but pain isn't drank away. Be strong, brotha, now isn't the time to take a powder.

GT, hang in there, we all have to start somewhere.

illi1111 02-01-2016 06:33 PM

(((JL))) Hang in there...

StrongBird 02-01-2016 06:36 PM

Good job pouring it out, JL!

It's two weeks for me today and the first time in ages that I hit 10,000 steps on my Fitbit. I can't usually pull it off when my daughter is here because of all the hustle to make dinner and do homework before bedtime. And I'd gotten to such a gross, unmotivated, lazy spot where I was drinking or hungover or just feeling blah and I wasn't going to bother with a walk when she was gone.

Well, tonight I walked for over an hour and kind of obsessed over some work drama until I was just like, who cares? I forgot what a superb mind clearer exercise is! After a while, my obsessive brain just gets tired of listening to itself and it curls up and falls asleep. It's the same escape I crave when I drink, only I'll feel much better tomorrow morning!

Odelle 02-01-2016 06:52 PM

M1A1, pour out what is left and drink water, water and more water. Go to bed and try to get some sleep. Drinking now is the worst thing to do, you'll want to be able to get to the hospital if they call during the night.

I know you are hurting, hun, but honor your father by being there for him, mentally and physically. It will be something you will appreciate in the future.

Tomorrow is a new day; time to close the book on the past and start a new chapter in your life, one that you can look forward to.

KDBnSLC 02-01-2016 06:54 PM

One month today!!!!!

vanaprastha 02-01-2016 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by KDBnSLC (Post 5774272)
One month today!!!!!

Congratulations! :banana: :banana: :bananadan :banana:

Nic233 02-01-2016 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by KDBnSLC (Post 5774272)
One month today!!!!!

Well done KDB!! That's fantastic!!! x:You_Rock_

StrongBird 02-01-2016 07:16 PM

Congratulations KDB!! That's excellent!

bluedog97 02-01-2016 07:17 PM

Day 4. Went to group today, was largely disappointed. The others in the group don't seem to want to be there. The moderator barely keeps things under control. Anyway, I'll stick it out for a while. I guess it can't hurt.

Congrats to those hitting milestones

Dee74 02-01-2016 07:20 PM

I've had to face grief several times M1A1...the thing is alcohol doesn;t help us at all.

We're meant to be sad, we;re meant to feel pain...they are normal reactions...the idea is we move through those states into some kind of healing.

The drinking just halts that process..it's like being held in a loop...we feel sad, we drink, we sober up, we feel sad, we drink.....

Nothing gets resolved. there is no progress, and no closure.

Please try and consider that you're not doing the best thing for you, or your family right now M1A1.

D

Dee74 02-01-2016 07:20 PM

Bluedog as long as you get something from it I'd keep going? :)

D

Dee74 02-01-2016 07:22 PM

Gyps :hug:

D

Odelle 02-01-2016 07:58 PM

Congratulations KDB, one month is awesome! :You_Rock_

JL2014 02-01-2016 08:08 PM

Woke up middle of the night. Thought wife was yelling. Not abnormal for her- night terrors. Abnormal for me- hearing ones that weren't there.
Thanks booze.
As if PTSD isn't enough to lose sleep.
M1A1, you can do it. If I decide not to drink, then I don't. Simple when down to the point of it.
Still, nightmares suck. A lot.