Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 5

Old 02-08-2016, 07:34 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Ugh, I had a long post ready and it disappeared.

Lulu, I second Bandi's response, let the sober you shine!

Charliesworld and Meshelly, getting through major events without drinking is part of the recovery process. You've worked too hard to through it all away to keep someone else happy for a brief moment. Stay strong and stick with your quit, eventually, your SOs will realize that you are even more fun and engaging sober than when you were previously!

Sunflower, I had a mystery backache last week, not much on headaches, but that is a benefit of taking Kudzu supplements. With so many reporting the same symptoms, I would chalk it up as part of the healing process.

To everyone hitting milestones today, from 24 hours to 30 days +, congratulations, make today and everyday count!
Old 02-08-2016, 07:57 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Great to hear from you again SH, and congratulations on one month!
Old 02-08-2016, 08:05 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Ugh, screwed up going to a Super Bowl party. Thought I could hold off but failed miserably.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:13 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

M1A1, chalk it up to a lesson learned. I'm glad you didn't stray too far, now back in the saddle and keep on riding.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:00 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

At least my head hurts so much there's no way I'll be slipping up today.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:14 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Hi everyone - just checking in to say hello. I hope everyone is having a great Monday or Tuesday, depending on location. I'm still going strong and the returning heart palpitations I mentioned several thread pages ago appear to be waning (knock on wood). Day 26 here.
Z
Old 02-08-2016, 09:26 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Hi all --

A fine morning here. Still have headaches on waking up, occasionally -- and today is one of those days, a small but present one -- but today will be a good day nonetheless.

Congrats to all on their milestones.

WB, Charlie, and good on your for staying on task. Perhaps you could take some mineral water or juice with you?

M1A1, no point in bashing yourself. Get back on the bike and push the pedals some more, you'll get further down the road. Sobriety is a fragile thing, and worth guarding.

My morning invocation nowadays:

I am a sober person. Nothing is more important than my sobriety. I will not drink today.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:48 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thumpalumpacus View Post
Hi all --

A fine morning here. Still have headaches on waking up, occasionally -- and today is one of those days, a small but present one -- but today will be a good day nonetheless.

Congrats to all on their milestones.

WB, Charlie, and good on your for staying on task. Perhaps you could take some mineral water or juice with you?

M1A1, no point in bashing yourself. Get back on the bike and push the pedals some more, you'll get further down the road. Sobriety is a fragile thing, and worth guarding.

My morning invocation nowadays:

I am a sober person. Nothing is more important than my sobriety. I will not drink today.
My morning workouts include riding a stationary bike. Maybe I need to get a real one and change the scenery. lol
Old 02-08-2016, 11:27 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

I was speaking metaphorically, but yeah, getting outside is great therapy.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:34 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Hi all. My last drink was on Christmas Day 2015 but I figure that's near enough to January and more importantly there are more names and more people I recognize on this thread so I thought I'd join here. Hope that's ok ? I'm doing ok. Don't want to drink. Busy at the moment looking after Ruben 8 and baby Max 7 months as my wife is working mad hours.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:38 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Welcome stevepearce and Congratulations on Day 45!! You'll find lots of support in this class

Sounds like you're doing great. What is your plan going forward?
Old 02-08-2016, 01:04 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Hi bandicoot2. Keep doing what I'm doing. I come on here every day. I have a few good friends who have gone through the same. I focus on looking after myself physically and mentally, including what I need and excluding what I feel might threaten my sobriety. And we are moving to a new bigger town in the summer if I can motivate my wife to do it. On the coast in the south of France where we live. In a tiny village inland now so I am struggling to find any work and with not drinking I think a job is the next logical step. What are your plans for the future ?
Old 02-08-2016, 02:03 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back M1A1 - and welcome Steve

Hiya charliesworld and silly - good to see you guys

I think a good plan is worth its weight in gold especially if you have things coming up that you think might be problematic....don;t 'wing it' - be prepared and ready in advance

D
Old 02-08-2016, 03:21 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Everybody seems to be going strong. The days are just adding up. Time goes a lot slower when sober. Which is great. Time flew by when drinking- "man, it's Monday already!". Well, I guess living like a zombie does that to you.
Doing pretty good on day 16. Last night my husband was having a drink ( he has cut down considerably). I looked at the bottle and thought I can have one but it's going to cost me. It's like a drink bar, I can have juice or tea for free but alcohol will cost. And for me that price is high. "Sure, you can have a drink, but it costs $10, 000. A dollar for every time alcohol impacted negatively on your life." And the price will only go up. No thank you! I'm still paying off the debt from the last drinks.
I'm really enjoying living a sober and free life. Making extra efforts at the gym and sort of watching what I eat.
Action speaks more than words - and it's a real reward at the end.
Everybody enjoy your day and STAY STRONG! We are doing great!
Old 02-08-2016, 03:21 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Welcome Steve xx and welcome back silly! We missed you xx

Good morning January lovelies,,

Day 30 for me!! I'll respond to posts When I get to work.,slept in this morning - my own fault as stayed up watching Tv until silly o clock!
Hope everyone's doing well xx
Old 02-08-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Congrats on 30 days Nic. That's so great!! You have worked so hard. Stay strong and positive! Have a nice day 🤗
Old 02-08-2016, 03:35 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

Welcome aboard the Jan class Steve. Best class at SR

Have got a couple of challenges ahead this week. Weds is a night out with three pretty close friends who will be drinking and will wonder why I'm not. I've been running through scenarios (early morning dog walks are great for that!) and I'm prepared to tell them I'm not drinking and why, if necessary.

Thurs is a big black tie event, typically very boozy. That's a work event so a combo of colleagues and clients.. Gonna go with health kick / training for something for that one.

Hope everyone is doing well! I'm just about the end of this cold, but feeling lethargic and still getting these random headaches. But hey... Sober and tomorrow is 40 days!

Old 02-08-2016, 03:37 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

Originally Posted by Nic233 View Post

Day 30 for me!! I'll respond to posts When I get to work.,slept in this morning - my own fault as stayed up watching Tv until silly o clock!
Hope everyone's doing well xx
Old 02-08-2016, 03:40 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
And for me that price is high. "Sure, you can have a drink, but it costs $10, 000. A dollar for every time alcohol impacted negatively on your life." And the price will only go up. No thank you! I'm still paying off the debt from the last drinks.
I'm really enjoying living a sober and free life. Making extra efforts at the gym and sort of watching what I eat.
Action speaks more than words - and it's a real reward at the end.
Everybody enjoy your day and STAY STRONG! We are doing great!
Amen to that!
Old 02-08-2016, 04:02 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  
Administrator

ay to go Nic
hi Sandy - congrats to you too.

Hi Mav - glad you're planning for this event - always have an escape strategy

congrats on 40 days

D