Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 29

Old 02-04-2016, 05:52 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Goodnight, all; see you tomorrow.
Old 02-04-2016, 06:04 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Lovely post Snooz. And so true. I've learned that anything that keeps me safe is not selfish, in those early days, it's vital.

Glad you ladies are both doing so well.

Leigh....50 months! Glorious! Enjoy!
Old 02-04-2016, 06:10 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
Lovely post Snooz. And so true. I've learned that anything that keeps me safe is not selfish, in those early days, it's vital.

Glad you ladies are both doing so well.

Leigh....50 months! Glorious! Enjoy!
Thanks, Croiss. I am enjoying it; I woke up high-fived the sky and did a little happy dance.
Old 02-04-2016, 06:48 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

((((((((. LESHAR ))))))))
Old 02-05-2016, 02:24 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning everyone I woke up late and just got through to the Dr before logging on I'm not saying its an emergency now as the pain has gone down still there but really minimal - I asked for my regular Dr but was told to call back Monday

I know I've had bowel trouble before but I try not to mention it as its not the nicest thing to talk about but this flare up or whatever it was is definitly getting investigated, my regular Dr knows a lil bit already and the prospect of her inspecting is awkward but it needs checking out so I will ring on Monday as told & if anything happens in the meantime il be straight up the hospital but I honestly feel ok & will be getting it investigated

After Mrs Sw came home last night the first thing she said was I'm going to vomit (migraine & travel sick) so I was helping her hold hair & getting water

This morning I gave her a deep heat muscle rub neck massage as she was still in pain were just sitting her debating options for our day & weekend

Snooz I want you to know you are really really amazing x

Leigh Congratulations again x

Croiss - I hope you know your awesome x

Leshar - missing you hope everything is ok x

D - glad your feeling better & thank you for everything

Venus - thank you for everything you do in the 24h thread & for just being a most excellent friend

Hello to Bob, Let, WeHav, Pete, Casey, Hunt & Mags - have a great day/evening & a fab weekend

Weather is a bit miserable my end but I still smile : )
Old 02-05-2016, 03:10 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Dear Wolfy , don't worry about feeling awkward, honestly.

I would have felt like that once, but since working in a hospital for nearly 9 years , you realise that's what they do . That's their job and they are soooo used to it.

I'd love a dollar for every time I walk past a patients room and the nurse says to the patient have you used your bowls today ? ...I'd be a millionaire

I remember walking into patients rooms , knocking then walking in to see an old man or woman totally starkers and not giving a rats !

I didn't know where to look.

Now it's just second nature and I've seen old wrinkly bodies, podgy bodies, skinny bodies, defying gravity bodies, big Willys , little Willys , little boobs , huge knockers etc......it's all in a day's work

I laugh when I'm in a hurry and you have a big naked lady sitting on The end of her bed ready for a full on chat whilst applying makeup . They have no shame & it's a hospital , so I just chat away. They're not uncomfortable so why shoul I be.

I love my job, I love the patients . I love our chats I never leave work without hugging an oldy , I just love them especially the lonely ones who have no family.

Ahhhhh makes me grateful to have a job.

I don't know what I'm going to do next year as I'll have been there for 10 years and we are moving into a brand new hospital being built. It's going to be a nightmare to get a park. I love the 65 bed hospital I'm in now.

This one is going to be huge. We will all keep our jobs but I'm just not sure . I'm thinking of doing a certificate 3 course to look after patients at home & to take them shopping etc, help with their meals etc.

It would be kinder on my back also.

Anyhow , enough of me ...we shall see.

Sorry , I went off on a bit of a tangent there lol.

Xxx :
Old 02-05-2016, 03:33 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Not a tangent at all, Snooz (says me - The Queen of tangents!)....it's lovely to see you post out your thoughts....and thinking about the future and possibilities is a good sign. No decision has to be made just yet, but I love that there's a hopefulness in the tone of your posts.xx

I've been good, but had some Blurk moments at work....but suddenly it dawned on me it could actually be a bit of PAWS. Have to refresh my memory on the symptoms, but yes, it was almost a relief to think, ok girl, this is part of the healing, it's ok.

Edit...I just looked this up and you know what, it says to be gentle with yourself for 2 years!
http://www.addictionsandrecovery.org...withdrawal.htm

This also applies, when thinking about Snooz's advice to you Ladybug to put yourself first and...I also saw this post on FB today and thought it very appropriate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (17.7 KB, 23 views)
Old 02-05-2016, 03:53 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Do your best

Snooz you made me laugh so much just now x thank you
Old 02-05-2016, 04:53 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
You are very welcome sweetheart xxxxx I'm about a month sober now and can't believe how different I feel already, I so want this for you too
So proud of you Snooz

So I know I missed a lot, but what happened to Leshar? Did she just stop posting? Thinking about her too.
Old 02-05-2016, 05:33 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Congratulations SoberLeigh!! You are an inspiration!! I appreciate the positivty you bring everyday.
Old 02-05-2016, 05:36 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Hope you have a good weeked everyone!
I hope you feel better Soberwolf.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:24 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

I love that Crois , it's so true xx

It may indeed be paws , but the great thing is , you're smart enough to recognise the symptoms...I started getting that about 14 months on.
When I was feeling very comfortable in my sobriety.

It's not such a bad thing as it really makes us stop and think and remember how good it feels to be sober.

It won't last Crois . Dee has posted some good links about that .

I'm one month sober and loving it. All I needed was to get past 5, days ....then I knew I could do it. It wasn't easy at all , but I have my life back now.

I really thought I was going under .....but being more clear headed now...I realise I was in a deep, dark , bad place.

alcohol is a lie....NOTHING good comes from it , nothing .

Have a great weekend my dear Julyers xxxx

Love you all to bits :-)
Old 02-05-2016, 06:28 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
So proud of you Snooz

So I know I missed a lot, but what happened to Leshar? Did she just stop posting? Thinking about her too.

She is reading posts Ladybug but doesn't wish to post at the moment , but she will when she's ready won't you Leshar xxx

Old 02-05-2016, 08:33 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks guys
Old 02-05-2016, 09:22 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

WoooHooo, SnoozyQ.

Congratulations on one month of sobriety.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:23 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by letitgo View Post
Congratulations SoberLeigh!! You are an inspiration!! I appreciate the positivty you bring everyday.

Thanks so much, let.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:27 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
Not a tangent at all, Snooz (says me - The Queen of tangents!)....it's lovely to see you post out your thoughts....and thinking about the future and possibilities is a good sign. No decision has to be made just yet, but I love that there's a hopefulness in the tone of your posts.xx

I've been good, but had some Blurk moments at work....but suddenly it dawned on me it could actually be a bit of PAWS. Have to refresh my memory on the symptoms, but yes, it was almost a relief to think, ok girl, this is part of the healing, it's ok.

Edit...I just looked this up and you know what, it says to be gentle with yourself for 2 years!
Post-Acute Withdrawal Symptoms - Relapse Prevention Strategies

This also applies, when thinking about Snooz's advice to you Ladybug to put yourself first and...I also saw this post on FB today and thought it very appropriate.

Yes, Croiss; be gentle with yourself; the healing takes longer than we may think. I figure we're not healing from a short-term virus; we're recovering from years of damage to ourselves.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:31 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

SW, I hope that you and Mrs. sw are feeling tip-top very soon.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:34 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Good morning/afternoon/night, all

Have a lovely day, dear friends.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:35 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Thinking of you, sweet Leshar.