Class of November 2015 Part 10

last part here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-9-a-21.html

D
Old 01-29-2016, 03:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snowvelvet View Post
Hi Fabat,

Private psychiatric. The very well known one starting with P. Though there are a lot of them lol.

Yes, I'm a Brit. :-).

How's your evening?

Hugs to all.
Well you are in a great place there.

Don't push to come home too soon. The fact that you are away from the everday stresses and strains is therapeutic in itself.

All is good here. Had a fight with the AV last night but he finally slinked off with his tail between his legs. And it is the weekend so the kids and I are going to pack up a huge picnic and take the dog for a long walk around the bay so he can have a good swim. I am looking forward to it.

Thinking of you. xx
Old 01-29-2016, 04:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Max what has been going on? Nice to see you back Dallow.
Since the weekend my AV has stopped constantly harassing me, but today on the way home from picking up a friend I planned how I was going to drink like a "normie" in 4 -6 months, after I proved I can stop drinking! Wow, that's weird!
The plan really sounded great, but I knew I needed to chuck that out the window!
I'm going to dinner with a friend and our sons (she was a big wine drinker with me) so I'm a little nervous to see how it goes. I know I am not drinking, but I wonder if she will decide I'm no longer fun and end our out of school friendship because I'm no longer joining her?!
Oh, I signed up with a program called (CASA -Court Appointed Special Advocate) today to work with a child or two who are in the system due to neglect, abuse, or abandonment. I will meet with the children each week and be their voice in court and try to help them find permanent placement. My training starts on Monday. I'm pretty darn excited.
(My little boys question-do you get paid? No!). (Will they live with us? I don't think so). (I don't want to share my room and please don't get a girl)
Ha. Kids!
Old 01-29-2016, 05:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Keepnitreal View Post
Hey Max what has been going on? Nice to see you back Dallow.
Since the weekend my AV has stopped constantly harassing me, but today on the way home from picking up a friend I planned how I was going to drink like a "normie" in 4 -6 months, after I proved I can stop drinking! Wow, that's weird!
The plan really sounded great, but I knew I needed to chuck that out the window!
I'm going to dinner with a friend and our sons (she was a big wine drinker with me) so I'm a little nervous to see how it goes. I know I am not drinking, but I wonder if she will decide I'm no longer fun and end our out of school friendship because I'm no longer joining her?!
Oh, I signed up with a program called (CASA -Court Appointed Special Advocate) today to work with a child or two who are in the system due to neglect, abuse, or abandonment. I will meet with the children each week and be their voice in court and try to help them find permanent placement. My training starts on Monday. I'm pretty darn excited.
(My little boys question-do you get paid? No!). (Will they live with us? I don't think so). (I don't want to share my room and please don't get a girl)
Ha. Kids!
That's so funny.

Had a very similar conversation with my children today. As you may have been following there are 1000s of Syrian refugee children in Europe who are temporarily separated from their families. The govt is looking at a scheme for families to temporarily Foster these children until their country is once again safe, when ever that may be, or that they can be rehomed with their families permanently elsewhere.

I told the children that maybe we should open our home up to one of these poor terrified children.

They thought about it my daughter said Ok but not a crying baby but not one old enough to get on my nerves either. And my son said Ok but only if it is a boy and he speaks English. Heartbreaking.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My heart breaks for those refugees, Fabat!

Glad to hear from you Snow, hang in there!

Just checking in and will try and catch up later! Hope everyone is doing well : )
Old 01-29-2016, 07:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow!

OMG! What would YOU choose?

Sad.

http://youtu.be/u9XGlB29Y0U
Old 01-29-2016, 08:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

By the way...hi guys!!! Busy day but SOBER! Hope you all are doing well!!! :-)
Old 01-29-2016, 09:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

KIR, I think that is great that you signed up with that program. That is wonderful that you are giving your time to help others. Service helps in sobriety!

I hope everyone is well. Friday night here. Tired! Catch you all tomorrow
Old 01-30-2016, 05:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Boo! Hi everyone, I'm still here, still sober for 30 days in a row.... or 60/64 as I prefer to think !!! Been so busy haven't really had time to post, all been well though, coming to terms with the death of my drinking days and it's fine atm, even left a post event party early as I just wanted a cup of tea! Plus, I have discovered Arrow, the series... better then drink and drugs combined!!! Seriously good and fills time spectacularly well... not ime for booze! I never watched TV before, always busy or having a beer. Now I get to ogle Oliver Queen... better than beer
Hope u all doing Ok, I can see some people having a hard time, just hang on in there and better days will float your way,
Great big bear hugs from the middle of England x
Old 01-30-2016, 06:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good morning.
Still dealing with the flu but feeling a little better.
Have a great day everybody.
Old 01-30-2016, 07:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post
Boo! Hi everyone, I'm still here, still sober for 30 days in a row.... or 60/64 as I prefer to think !!! Been so busy haven't really had time to post, all been well though, coming to terms with the death of my drinking days and it's fine atm, even left a post event party early as I just wanted a cup of tea! Plus, I have discovered Arrow, the series... better then drink and drugs combined!!! Seriously good and fills time spectacularly well... not ime for booze! I never watched TV before, always busy or having a beer. Now I get to ogle Oliver Queen... better than beer
Hope u all doing Ok, I can see some people having a hard time, just hang on in there and better days will float your way,
Great big bear hugs from the middle of England x
You must start watching, The Flash! Both shows are intertwined together and play off each other! I know this because my kids never miss an episode of either : ) many hugs back!
Old 01-30-2016, 07:08 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

30 days today!!!

A couple of months ago I was seriously worried if I would ever reach this point again! Getting through the first few days of intense pain, fear and mourning is tough, but doable and we'll worth it!!! I feel like I have my life back and am so grateful, thank you all!
Old 01-30-2016, 08:20 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Enfin and Ultra, congratulations on 30 days!! I agree that getting those first 30 days can be the hardest part. Breaking the cycle. You guys are doing it! Keep up the good work!

Patricia, good to hear from you. I hope that you start feeling a lot better soon!
Old 01-30-2016, 08:27 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Congrats Ultra and Enfin! (Hugs)
Old 01-30-2016, 09:58 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ultradad View Post

You must start watching, The Flash! Both shows are intertwined together and play off each other! I know this because my kids never miss an episode of either : ) many hugs back!
Wooooòoooooo, another one to watch!!! Arrow is just fantastic... not too unbelievable but really good back story to keep u going back! Congrats on milestone too
Old 01-30-2016, 10:09 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Great to hear from you Enfin! Congrats Ultra! The first 30 days are very tough and then it gets easier, but when you guys get near the 60 days be sure to check in constantly and recommit to us each day! That's a sneaky time to get through as we have seen in our class!
A big hug to all of you from California!
Be sober, be amazing!!!!!!!
Old 01-30-2016, 02:55 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Enfin and UD, well done. It's good when your last relapse (and literally last) relapse becomes a distant memory. I really believe now in what Tufty was saying, 60 - 90 days is a trap and relapses can sneak in and come out of nowhere. Stay strong everyone.

I'm thinking of turning off SR for a bit. To be really honest, I'm sick of thinking and reading about substance abuse. It's becoming too much a part of my daily thoughts (not AV. I have no desire to drink anymore ) but thinking about recovery in general.

Believe me, I was at the brink this time before deciding to get clean and it hasn't been easy at all, but thinking about it constantly is starting to eat into more positive area of my life.

Although I wasn't very vocal in this forum, I was here at least 5 times a day reading and occasionally posting. I'm a bit guilty of not giving any advise and only posting victories. I guess that's a consequence of last time I did this for real, my forum time really became unmanageable (I can even get addicted to forums!)

Thanks Dee for your rationality. You may or may not remember me from other forums about 18 months ago. I wasn't ready for your advise then about kicking it for good, but this round it really hit home. I think we're guilty of over complicating our recovery process and over analyzing our thought patterns. Once my mantra became 'don't drink, or you will die', it became a piece of cake. And believe me, I would be dead now.

Sorry for download. Good luck everybody. It's good to know SR if here if I struggle, but for now, signing off.
Old 01-30-2016, 07:58 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Last Chance best wishes. Do stop back in. I can understand not wanting to obsess about staying sober and just live life already. So much time has been consumed by drinking.

I woke up this morning and felt truly blessed to have not had a hangover for nearly two and a half months. I never want to let it consume me again.
Old 01-30-2016, 08:05 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats enfin and Ultra

I understand Lastchance - but I've seen a lot of people swing to the opposite extreme and not think about recovery at all.

Stay balanced

it ever turns out you need us, don't be shy - we'll be here.

Best wishes
D
Old 01-30-2016, 09:19 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Enfin & Ultra!!! Great job! You're amazing!!!

I have 1 week again. It sucks that I would have 78 days but chose to drink on day 71 for 5 hours but it is what it is & I learned a lot from it! I learned that no matter how bad things seem or what hardships I may be going through.....alcohol NEVER makes it better! Only worse!!!

I am more motivated now than ever after having those 9 weeks of sobriety & getting a taste of health & happiness!

My kids have been keeping me so busy lately! Haven't had much time to check in the past few days but I think about & pray for you all daily!

Xo