Notices

24-hour Recovery Connections Part 103

Old 02-02-2016, 07:34 PM
  # 561 (permalink)  

I am sick of been sick feck it all......I will come back here when I have some sober time other wise I am making a fool of myself....
Old 02-02-2016, 07:36 PM
  # 562 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Kaneda8888;5775605]Congratulations to the milestoners for today ! Mark it down somewhere as a reminder of how you've managed to stay committed and be proud of yourself. Onwards to the next moment and with our steady companionship and resolve, lets stay strong in our sobriety !

I have a conundrum in that my mother wants to have a celebration on the weekend where my brother will attend. I do not get along with my brother and have pretty much ceased communication with him over the past year. I dont acknowledge his birthday, etc. We havent fought but I find his personality very disagreeable. I think he knows that I dont wish to associate with him. In my spiritual practice, I do realise that he is suffering and for that I have compassion . However, given that he has a toxic personality, I also choose not to interact with him. So, not sure what to do this Sunday. Hmmm, if my family doesnt attend, it will hurt my mother's feelings but if I do attend, it will be a stiff and awkward affair. In the back of my mind, I feel that I should remove the selfishness and make my mother happy but to be honest, its not a thrilling choice Just venting.

Another 24 hours of wisdom, patience and sobriety pls ! Its 8:29am here

Hi Kaneda,

I had a sibling that as he aged became a bitter drunk. My Mom would extend an invitation to him for many years. We'd suck it up and attend because we didn't want to hurt our Mom. At the time of his death, he only would accept my sister's phone call. He "divorced" My parents, and my family. By then I had quit drinking and prayed he would seek help as well. He didn't. So, when he died, I felt grief for my parents and his children. But, His lifelong pattern of abuse (verbal & physical) had left me with a relief. He wasnt in pain, but more importantly, he couldn't hurt us anymore.
Thanks for letting ME vent.
Bobbi

Last edited by BarbieKen; 02-02-2016 at 07:38 PM. Reason: To put in a salutation
Old 02-02-2016, 07:44 PM
  # 563 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by erfra7 View Post
yesterday I start down and end it up .
I think I need to work on patience. ( big job.)
24 hrs. for this inactive surviving alcoholic. we together can do this.
Efra,
I love seeing the positive changes you are making in your life. And YEP, this is a WE adventure for us all!
Bobbi
Old 02-02-2016, 07:44 PM
  # 564 (permalink)  

Who on here is a mod closing my account folks....take care...good bye
Old 02-02-2016, 07:52 PM
  # 565 (permalink)  

Neo, Hope to see you back here on SR soon. we'll be here !
Bobbi
Old 02-02-2016, 07:54 PM
  # 566 (permalink)  
Administrator

Nope not gonna do that Neo - you can simply stop using it if you like but I really hope you'll feel differently tomorrow.

You too NGB - don;t give your addiction any more days that it deserves.

new thread starts here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-104-a.html

D