Notices

24-hour Recovery Connections Part 102

Old 01-28-2016, 03:02 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NeoNew View Post
Thanks for all the Birthday wishes I made it through without drinking and that is a first off to bed good night guys and best wishes to you all...
well done!!!

24 more for me today, again a late check in, 11pm UK time. Day 14
Was so excited to see my name in green on the milestones list today!! congratulations to all the other milestoners and to everyone else.

Off to bed, have a 6am start (ugh!) for a 12 hour shift at work tomorrow (double ugh!)

goodnight everyone xx
Old 01-28-2016, 03:03 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Goodnight, mcflurry; congrats again on two sober weeks!!!!!!
Old 01-28-2016, 03:27 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

24 more
Old 01-28-2016, 03:50 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Me too - 24 more please in New York at 6:50pm.
Old 01-28-2016, 04:04 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NeoNew View Post
Thanks for all the Birthday wishes I made it through without drinking and that is a first off to bed good night guys and best wishes to you all...
Neonew , that's wonderful news! Ill keep you in my prayers. Bobbi
Old 01-28-2016, 04:09 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Checking in tonight. Going for another 24 hours at 6:10p CST.

Congratulations to jsm273, NeoNew,Tinkerbell73, Gypsytears, mcflurry, Odelle, and Meshelly on reaching new milestones today! Also, a very happy birthday to Neonew and hoping it's a wonderful year for you! To celebrate your fabulous accomplishments, tonight we have a spumoni cake! Keep up the great work!!

Dee and Vee-thank you for the updates on Sean. I'm glad he's okay.
Old 01-28-2016, 04:11 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

A beautiful warm day again. IDK what happened to this El Niņo we were going to have; it's up to something greater than myself.

Anyway, working on my ebay . It's more work than I originally thought , but I really love the whole process. Time to check in for the next 24, thanks to my HP, AA, & SR!
Bobbi
Old 01-28-2016, 04:31 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  
learning to live

Hi my friends.

This, I tell ya is where my heart belongs. I come here and am like instahappy

AV started yapping today and I am like where the hell did you come from BUT I was ready!!!.....SO as planned I let it sit for a minute while I was at work because I knew the option to drink was not there.... Started thinking about my plan and knew from experience this guy only wants to hurt me mentally, emotionally, spiritually and physically. I took myself back to two weeks ago and thought real hard about the tape on rewind and fast forward.......and then on the ride home I picked up the phone and called a sober friend to remind me as well about the hell I was going through then and to remind me of reasons I quit. After we hung up I told myself..just today I wont drink over and over. I drove a different route home..a more annoying one but hey I did not pass the corner store! I made me a nice big healthy dinner and logged on here right when I got home..... and BOOM he is gone! He will be back and I will be even stronger and more prepared when it does return. So, yeah thanks guys you played a part in that as well A huge downfall for me in the past has been acting right on to a craving when it hits. I have learned I don't have to act on that craving and if I refer to the plan and fight it it WILL pass. I don't have to go back there. A craving hurts but only for a minute. If I picked up one drink I would be off for the dang races and the obsession would be right smack back!!!

Anyway, what I read last night that I told you I would mention here was:

"i find a false sense of security in the illusion of control....I act like it is something tangible, something to grasp, something to call my own when in fact it is not. Sure control feels safe and familiar but the truth is trying to be the director of all life's unfoldings leaves me out of balance. When I become aware that I am trying to force things and control I take a step back and regroup. I focus on a place of both letting go and anchoring then I feel much better"

"why identify so rigidly with our thoughts about our temporary life circumstances and all the subsequent mental dramas they create? .....he talks about how 5 minutes, days, weeks, months etc etc and how much wasted energy he poured into things that just did not last and how he wasted so much stress and grief on them...."
I dunno this is from the book Everything Mind By Grosso. There is a lot more to it but particularly chapters 15 & 16 really help me better understand the concept of "being right where I supposed to be"..I did not used to even know what that meant when people said it.

Anyway, I hope all my beauties have a great evening/day where ever your souls may be.....xo
Old 01-28-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

24 more please, busy day but a good one... 00.42 UK time
Old 01-28-2016, 05:01 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Growpath, so happy to hear that shut that AV down so effectively - way to go!!!!

Thanks for sharing those passages from Everything Mind. I envy people who can identify and analyze their thoughts and state their conclusions so effectively.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:02 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

That is a FANTASTIC post growpath. I relate to it so much. What a powerful shift in perspective you brought about. An inspirational reminder to me indeed.

Well done and way to go you!
Old 01-28-2016, 05:05 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  
learning to live

Thanks SL and Mark xoxo

Old 01-28-2016, 05:19 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by strategery View Post

Yum, spumoni cake; thanks, Strat.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:23 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
That is a FANTASTIC post growpath. I relate to it so much. What a powerful shift in perspective you brought about. An inspirational reminder to me indeed.

Well done and way to go you!
What he said about what he said
Old 01-28-2016, 05:26 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by growpath View Post
Thanks SL and Mark xoxo

SUCH an awesome post puppy, that I am going to bump it when we get to the next page.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:38 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Your awesome growpath. I think once you plug in and commit to this thing your good to go. I've always thought if I just keep at it I'll get it eventually. Sounds like your there. Definitely on the right path.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:40 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

I'm in for another 24!
Old 01-28-2016, 05:43 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  
Wu Wei

Very inspirational Growpath, words I need to remember. Another 24 please.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:51 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  
learning to live

Awe guys thank you, letitgo, Arbor, Eternal and Vee!!! Your support is really a HUGE factor and it's nice to know I have friends like you all watching my back xoxox Just know I always have yours as well In fact everyone here in the 24!! Together we are strong!!!!

Yeah staying sober is not easy BUT it is attainable if you work for it xoxo We ALLLL can do this...one day at a time with a whole lot of commitment, strength and determination <3...and a plan ;-)
Old 01-28-2016, 06:09 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

10.08am here in Western Australia. Checking in for 24 xxx