Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 4

Old 01-25-2016, 09:26 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Welcome Sean30, glad you joined us!

Virginia, get back up and start peddling. You can do this, tomorrow is a new day!

I meant to post earlier, but had to put my mom hat on and listen to daughter vent about her day, two hours later, I’m exhausted.

Sweet dreams for those heading off to slumber land, and have a safe and sober Tuesday for everyone else.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:59 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
now's the time

Just tiptoeing in to say HI ODELLE!!! So glad we're both back. Thanks for your nice words on my thread the other day, I was all out of sorts so didn't reply but it was so great to hear from you.

Nice job everyone else too! Good class! *tiptoes out again*
Old 01-25-2016, 10:28 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Welcome Sean. It could just as easily be me going back to day 1 again. We seem to have a bit of an Aussie vibe going on here .

I made it through the family BBQ with everyone else drinking, but only stayed for 2 hours. That was enough. I wondered the other day if it would be easier for me to move to a Muslim country where there is no alcohol....
Old 01-25-2016, 10:40 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Originally Posted by lisatryingagain View Post
I wondered the other day if it would be easier for me to move to a Muslim country where there is no alcohol....
Yikes!

There's gotta be an easier way ...
Old 01-25-2016, 10:50 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lisatryingagain View Post
Welcome Sean. It could just as easily be me going back to day 1 again. We seem to have a bit of an Aussie vibe going on here .

I made it through the family BBQ with everyone else drinking, but only stayed for 2 hours. That was enough. I wondered the other day if it would be easier for me to move to a Muslim country where there is no alcohol....
Can I join u Lisa?!!!! Lol
Old 01-25-2016, 10:58 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I'm on day 9, feeling pretty clear headed, less anxious, sleeping better, more even emotions (teary at times but much better than when i'm drinking). Anyway that's all great, and I feel a bit good about myself....... but it was hot at the bbq.

And a voice inside of me did say "Lisa you can have a beer, just one...., you will be fine"......

Thankfully I didn't listen to the voice. But it would have been so easy to.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:05 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

This thread is going faster than I can keep up with! Day 3 for me, all good. Back tomorrow. Carry on.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:37 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

In my wisdom - decided when I was buying paint I would also stupidly buy a massive above ground frame pool! Trying to get the thing together is a nightmare! Thought it would be great for my SOBER Australia Day- then read it takes 10 hours to fill! Haven't even got the thing together yet!!! Bits everywhere!!! I've given up and left the kids to it....would kill for a drink right now lol! Staying strong though- come too far
Old 01-25-2016, 11:39 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back benice and tnt and Virgina - and welcome to you Zeebs and Sean

I know this is a big class - January always is - but noone is expecting anyone else to give more time than they have to read or reply here - it's all good

With regards to bookmarking posts Bandi - you could hit the 'permalink' link up there to the right and that will give you the unique URL for that post....

Makes for a lot of bookmarks after a while tho - I usually cut and paste into Wordpad or something with things I want to keep
D
Old 01-26-2016, 03:09 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

So excited to be beginning Day 7! The body aches have subdided but the nasty "no sleep" gremlin paid me a visit last night :-(

A very long day in store today so it won't be possible for me to check in much unless I get a few minutes during work. Perhaps tonigh...keeping all in my thoughts today!
Old 01-26-2016, 03:37 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hi new to this board but i have been reading it for the past few days.

i would like to join your jan intake

i have been sober for 9 days and to be honest i am not sure where i have found the strength.. i truly feel ****-a-hoop to start this journey.

i have been drinking solidly a couple of bottles of wine a night (on a slow night) for 20 years...weekends make that three...and 2 work functions a week, i would go out get buzzed and still have my two bottles, didn't matter what time was.

i was hiding bottles, and drinking the first, of the two, in minutes while my wife was otherwise disposed, so i could pretend i only had one...well done me, a pat on the back from the wife as she thought i was making an effort.

anyway my eureka moment came 9 days ago.. i won't go into detail but i was ashamed about the position i was putting my loved ones in. supposed to be in charge of my two year old, the man of the house etc... on the outside i looked and behaved fine but i knew i was not 100%..not even 50% in control... i messed up an otherwise perfect family day. it will be the last time i do.

anyway on the upside i made a decision, one that i have been hoping to have the strength for...9 days now and i feel great...physically i am mending slowly but the greatest feeling is no more lying...that weight lifted and it is pushing me on.

i am not sure who said it, but i am sure i read it on here... "if you had the choice out of losing one of; the bottle, your wife or your son, which one would it be?"

i can be sure now without action i would lose one of them...so i am taking charge and making sure its the bottle i lose... and yes i have paraphrased the hell out of the original quote...but it resonated so much, i know i can do this.

now i just need to work on my punctuation....that might be a step to far

i have read most of the messages in this jan intake thread and good luck to you all...LETS DO THIS!
Old 01-26-2016, 03:49 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Welcome Haris,
Your drinking history sounds so similar to my own that it's scary... I'm now on day 16 and going well most of the time...
9 days is a great achievement..I hope you stick around and post lots here. This January group is a fantastic support system
Old 01-26-2016, 04:11 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Checking in after a long Australia Day. Still Sober though
Have a great day or night everyone whichever is the case!
Old 01-26-2016, 04:13 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

cheers nic... its a struggle for sure. i will try and post as much as i can....it seems like a good bunch here and its quite nice to be sharing a boat for once, feel like its be me against the world/bottle/life for to long

i have taken huge inspiration from the people on here over the last few days, i think more so from the people that have succumbed and poured their heart out and got straight back on the sober train... the fortitude is truly remarkable...

i didn't mean this to be so transport related...what would freud say!

good luck to everyone..its never to late!
Old 01-26-2016, 04:20 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Welcome Haris, its lovely to meet you. So happy you decided to join us xxx
Old 01-26-2016, 04:21 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pedro1234 View Post
Checking in after a long Australia Day. Still Sober though
Have a great day or night everyone whichever is the case!
So glad to hear that you're still sober... I am too... Although can hear Aussie day partying all around me. I've got my iPad and a decaf cappuccino X
Old 01-26-2016, 04:57 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Is there a way to find out how many class of Jan people are in our group?
Old 01-26-2016, 05:50 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Congratulations sunflower on 3 weeks X yayyyyy
Old 01-26-2016, 06:00 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Day 2.

I don't like restarting the count! But l have to be honest. I got up to 116 days before Thanksgiving, and had 21 days this month before I blew it again. The up side to that is that I don't have any of the early symptoms. Looking for the rainbow.

Welcome Haris. Your opening post was engaging and honest. Glad to meet you.

Nic, I too wish there was a way to count the class size. Maybe when we move to the Daily Support Thread we can try to get some kind of class list going. I was in the August 2015 class and after we had been in it for a while I tried a class list with quit dates and had people add to it if I missed someone or got their date wrong.

Happy Tuesday folks.
Old 01-26-2016, 06:21 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Going to bed on day 2. I had a busy, but good day. Had a good laugh with my students which was good for a change. I just feel a little lighter today. Guilt-free for the day.
I did mix a drink for my husband which was a pretty dumb idea, but he had a hard day and appreciated it. I was ok though and had juice. It was nice to make him happy rather than finish the bottle off. However, I'm very aware that this can't continue.
I get a bit of a sleep-in tomorrow which will help me start the day more refreshed.
Happy sober days to all.