Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 4

Old 01-31-2016, 05:05 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Well! this is something very special to me, because I didn't get to do it last year
Old 01-31-2016, 06:00 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Yay!!! Graduation day. Well done everyone. I'm on Day 2 and back at work after 3 weeks annual leave. AA meeting tonight which I'm looking forward to. xxx
Old 01-31-2016, 06:19 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Congrats all! I am not sure how I would have made it this far without all you great people.

Bring it on February! I might actually celebrate my first birthday sober since I turned legal this month.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:20 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Bring on February!!!!
Old 01-31-2016, 06:44 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

I'm so excited to log on and find us on the new page!! YAY us!!

Bring it on February!!
Old 01-31-2016, 07:16 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Yay, we made it! Day 24 has been somewhat melancholy for me; please pardon my vent on the devil cat, I’ll get over it, I always do.

Well, I should be hearing something in the next few days from the company I last interviewed with, fingers crossed, but if it isn’t meant to be, then I’ll hit some agencies this week.

Thank you everyone, this class has been such a motivational factor to me in tackling some longstanding issues in my life; I couldn’t have done it without you! Onwards and Upwards!
Old 01-31-2016, 07:16 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

I still want to drink. I get annoyed with people in meetings who talk about how the urge to drink completely left them from the get go. Grrrr.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:25 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  

TigerLili, that's your AV talking. Hang in there, tomorrow will be better!
Old 01-31-2016, 07:47 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Sending you positive thoughts Odelle!
Old 01-31-2016, 08:13 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Yay, graduation! Day 17 for me. Alcohol cravings haven't been too bad, but sugar cravings have been kicking into high gear. As someone who typically doesn't crave sweets, it's weird. I've eaten more chocolate and candy in the past few days than i typically eat over.... two or three months. And I've been having headaches. But still sleeping well. Work concentrations has improved a smidge but I really am now getting to the need to buckle down for multiple small deadlines and two huge projects.

Anyway, my spouse is leaving on an extended trip for February, which brings various advantages and risks, and definitely means a shift. I'm not quite sure what the plan is for that yet, but I'm thinking through some possibilities (and firming my plan for enjoying super bowl festivities sober).
Old 01-31-2016, 08:21 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Winding down day 3. I don't know if I've graduated, but I made it through the weekend. IOP starts tomorrow. A little nervous, but ready.
Old 01-31-2016, 08:23 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  
Administrator

what are you doing not to drink TL?

D
Old 01-31-2016, 09:17 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Sunflowerlife.
I’m so sorry to hear that you’re struggling so much. It’s pretty hard when you’re avoiding going home. It sounds like you have a wonderfully supportive Husband which is a huge bonus. Glad he understands that you need that “ME” time on a more regular basis. It could make the world of difference.
Please make an appointment with your Doc and get your meds sorted… And don’t forget you have friends here… we love you and are always there for you honey xxx
ProudPenguin
Well done on Day 8!! That’s fantastic. Just keep on going now… The first week is always disgusting!! It’s great that you got to a meeting especially when you didn’t feel like it- Keep on going 
Odelle
Sorry to find your post about your cat a little amusing but I am going through the same thing with BOTH of my cats. I rescued them about 5 years ago from some horrible lady who wasn’t feeding them or caring for them. They were initially outdoor cats which was great-they’d go and run in the bush and come back at night and to be fed. When we moved house a couple of years ago, one of them ran away and went missing for 2 weeks. Broke my youngest Son’s heart so we made them indoor cats. ARGHH – I have one that projectile vomits everywhere and every day, pees every few months for no reason at all when they have access to clean litter 24/7, they incessantly meow,scratch at doors and are honestly driving me insane! They seem to be getting worse not better. I’ve had them to the vets and even paid big money for some weird cat guru to come and “fix” them to no avail! The other night I too lost it and opened the door and let them out-I had just had enough after finding one of them had peed on my new couch! Big mistake-one of them clawed a hole in the outdoor pool! I’m ready to kill them!! Lol- Mine will probably live for another 20 years just to annoy me hahahaa!!!!
Carrie-
Well done on 1 week!!! Great to hear it’s not just me who has the cleaning bug!! Good decision on dumping the booze-that would have been tough. I found a hidden stash a few days ago and after 3 weeks sober-I still found it tempting not to have a swig of the vodka! Lol-Keep on going!!!
MAV
Congratulations on a month!!! Isn’t it really a gift when we wake up sober? I never want to take that for granted, and I really NEVER want to forget how completely dreadful I felt every single morning after drinking. Let’s nail Feb!!
Pedro
Well done on 32 Days.. Hope today is a great one for you
StrongBird
Glad to hear you had such a great weekend. Drinking consumes us… Day 13 was lucky for me too! 
Mish
You’re going great hun- Keep it up! I hope your meeting tonight is a great one. Mne last night was a bit of a fizz… but that’s another story !! lots of love xxx
TigerLili
I do get your frustration.. In my meetings there’s a guy on the same amount of days as me (sobertwins) but he is not craving at all, and seems to be taking it all in his stride. When he shares it’s all about how easy he finds it and I want to strangle him!!(joking about that part!) .. But I do sometimes come away feeling like a bit of a failure… I think we need to remember that we are all on similar journeys but we are still very different. Let’s try and just focus on ourselves and how WELL we are doing to even be sober… Sending you love and hugs hun xxx
RallyAly
Firstly well done on 17 days.. I think I posted something similar a week or so ago about my sugar cravings-they were INSANE. I was eating chocolate and lollies(candy) like nothing else.And I don’t usually have a sweet tooth. I’m now on day 22 and the sugar cravings went away about 2 days ago so hang in there.. I’d make sure you have a GOOD solid plan in place for when Hubby leaves. Just to protect yourself. It’s obviously going to be a huge adjustment so you may feel a bit more tempted to drink. Stay strong hun xx
Bluedog97
Well done on day 3- You have certainly graduated to join us for sober Feb!!! Keep going x
Sorry I couldn't acknowledge all of you-Only get 3 mins for lunch Have a fab day xxxx
Old 01-31-2016, 09:54 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Won't let me edit.... 30 mins for lunch!! not 3
Old 01-31-2016, 09:55 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Super busy weekend here and I missed so many posts -- Sorry!

Just wanted to get in under the wire and say Yay for 31 Days. I couldn't have done it without your help, advice, support and love --- Love our wonderfully supportive January class!!

Whether you are on Day 1, Day 31 or anywhere in between -- Let's Rock right on into February and beyond! We Can Do This --- Hugs to All!!
Old 01-31-2016, 10:05 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
Super busy weekend here and I missed so many posts -- Sorry!

Just wanted to get in under the wire and say Yay for 31 Days. I couldn't have done it without your help, advice, support and love --- Love our wonderfully supportive January class!!

Whether you are on Day 1, Day 31 or anywhere in between -- Let's Rock right on into February and beyond! We Can Do This --- Hugs to All!!
WOW well done on a whole month Bandicoot!!!! That's amazing!!! woohoo!! We are already doing this-let's just keep on going xx
Old 01-31-2016, 10:16 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

You got it Nic!
Graduation feels Good!!

Thanks so much for your wise, loving words and your epic posts. Keep 'em coming and have a Great Sober day
Old 01-31-2016, 10:24 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations bandicoot

D
Old 01-31-2016, 10:52 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Originally Posted by Nic233 View Post
Won't let me edit.... 30 mins for lunch!! not 3
I was gonna say, you're a damned fast typist.
Old 01-31-2016, 11:05 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thumpalumpacus View Post
I was gonna say, you're a damned fast typist.
HAHA that would be pretty talented!!!

How are you going today Thumpa hun?? Hope you're having a strong day x