Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 4

Old 01-28-2016, 12:59 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Virginia

I'm sorry the whale upset you.

It's ironic tho cos in a lot of ways we're exactly like those whales floundering washed up on a beach.

We deserve help too.

I really hope today is the day you'll make that active change VW

D
Old 01-28-2016, 01:14 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Virginia - it's totally fine to go to a meeting late. You get there when you get there. Better late than never :-) No one will mind and you won't be the only one arriving late, I'm sure.
Old 01-28-2016, 01:15 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Double figures. Go me.
Old 01-28-2016, 02:34 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Welcome Letsdance and Mesober and Tnek97, nice to meet you here.
A lot of people are doing fantastically, its really great to read your posts about the ups and downs of this journey, I relate to you all.

Olivia yes the book Hardwiring Happiness is by Rick Hanson I think. In Australia you can request public libraries get books in if they don't already have them, not sure if you can in other places but its worth asking to save money.

Sunflower you said you are worried if you work you will have less time with your partner. But by having counselling perhaps the time you have will be much more "quality" time?

Benice I like what you wrote about a new and different way of life.
Carrie you and I telling ourselves how well we have done things as we tuck ourselves in for the night sounds like a great new habit to get into - sure beats the feeling sorry for myself I have perfected over the years....
Silly hope you feel better soon.
Virginia you can do this, remember you are worth - we are all worth the sacrifice we need to make to build a better life.

I hope that anyone who slips keeps posting with us , and I hope if its me you are all ok with me staying in this group. Our deepest opportunities for growth are in our hard times. But I think we all deserve a break from those.

Dee I like your analogy of us as floundering whales. Yep, that's me.

I had a pretty good day today. Nothing amazing happened, but I'm working at looking at the preciousness of the mundane moments. Sober everything is less complicated and easier for me. I really like that. Thanks everyone.
Old 01-28-2016, 02:43 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations to everyone hitting a milestone today, no matter what it is

D
Old 01-28-2016, 03:26 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Lisa- that is a good way to look at it. I am still contemplating it- just want to work on a few more things before I commit. My 17 month old is going through some terrible separation anxiety (normal for his age) and I want to try some exercises with him that will help ease it. I am giving myself a month to do this. Thanks for the perspective

Virginia- I'm sorry you had such a rough evening. I wouldn't like to see that whale either- I love animals, no matter how big or small. Death is such a sad thing to witness. I think it's great that you attempted the meeting and I don't think there is anything wrong with showing up late. I hope you try again soon and I hope today is a better day for you.
Old 01-28-2016, 03:38 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TigerLili View Post

Double figures. Go me.
Fantastic!
Old 01-28-2016, 03:41 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Good morning my friends-

Another peaceful morning here, got up at 5:25 and did a 20 minute meditation called "Peace." It was all about visualizing your life when you are your healthiest and best. I truly love visualization, it can transform your life. For anyone who is interested, here is a link. You can also get it from iTunes (free). The couple who makes these also have one for addiction.

The Meditation Podcast | free podcast | guided meditation | binaural beats
If you click on the headphones at the top of the page, it will take you to another page where you can scroll through the meditations.

I took my first yoga class last night. I have done yoga at home for a little over a year now (P90x) but this was my first class and I LOVED it. Will be going every Wednesday night. It's also a nice way to get out of the house! Both kids were having major meltdowns as I walked out the door- I felt terrible leaving them like this but I knew DH could handle it. It was just the peace I needed.

I would like to add some more support to my recovery and was wondering what you guys are doing, besides meetings. Anyone using a book like RR or LifeRing? Like StrangeAngel mentioned, I think I am getting bored and need something to reignite the flame. I'd love to hear some ideas from you guys.

Not much planned for the day- going to drop off DS, then take LO to the gym (I just sit in the play area with him for a while to get him used to it). Might have a playdate after that and then I have some stuff to do around the house. Oh, I found a free marriage counseling course online that is part of a university study. I am going to get started on that today and DH is also doing it as well-steps in the right direction for us.

Happy, blessed, sober Thursday my friends.
~P

Quote of the day:

Old 01-28-2016, 03:47 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Bleh. Walked in to ppl griping at work- to beat the band !
Head down today . 10 hrs to go.
Old 01-28-2016, 04:23 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  
Free your mind

Back again.

Bad, fast relapse that lasted about 3 weeks. Checked myself into detox at the last minute this last Friday, I swear this relapse was going to kill me. The stuff I was using was not normal - taste, smell, effect - and there is a lot of bad h going around here. I didn't want to die - fortunately the real me was able to break through the dope zombie and ask for help.

Back to the rooms, IOP, and the recovery drawing board.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:03 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Welcome back Bad Sneakers. Virginia, you are honest and I hope you find an internal resolution to do what you believe is right. Lord knows I need help in that area too as I count my many day ones. That darn AV makes us question what we know (on so many levels) is the right thing to do.

Congrats on all of the milestones folks.

Day 4 and off to work. Still struggling with massive stress.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:18 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Finishing day 4! I haven't said that in quite a while. Unfortunately, the cleaning bug hasn't hit me yet like you, Nic. Hope it comes soon! Well done on 18 days.
Good on those who are doing weight watchers and giving up smoking and lots of healthy things for yourself. I was going to go to the gym tonight but the snowstorm stopped me. Legitimate excuse I think!!
Sunflower, sorry to hear things are not good in your relationship. Maybe just focus on yourself for a while. Some issues may just resolve themselves.
A whale would distract me too, Virigina. You're trying and tomorrow is your day 2. We can do this!
Well done on 20 days Odelle and 28 Pedro and everyone else going to bed tonight another day sober.
i've had an OK day. Got a sore neck though due to sleeping badly. Hope to get a better nights sleep tonight. I will join those in congratulating myself on today's achievements including such a simple thing as washing my face before bed.
Here's to looking after ourselves!
Have a nice day. Take care.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:35 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
Finishing day 4! I haven't said that in quite a while. Unfortunately, the cleaning bug hasn't hit me yet like you, Nic. Hope it comes soon! Well done on 18 days.
Good on those who are doing weight watchers and giving up smoking and lots of healthy things for yourself. I was going to go to the gym tonight but the snowstorm stopped me. Legitimate excuse I think!!
Sunflower, sorry to hear things are not good in your relationship. Maybe just focus on yourself for a while. Some issues may just resolve themselves.
A whale would distract me too, Virigina. You're trying and tomorrow is your day 2. We can do this!
Well done on 20 days Odelle and 28 Pedro and everyone else going to bed tonight another day sober.
i've had an OK day. Got a sore neck though due to sleeping badly. Hope to get a better nights sleep tonight. I will join those in congratulating myself on today's achievements including such a simple thing as washing my face before bed.
Here's to looking after ourselves!
Have a nice day. Take care.
It didn't happen straight away Sandy!!! I think it is more out of trying to keep myself occupied and then I become slightly obsessive!!!! Better than drinking I guess :-)
Well done on 4 days- that's awesome
Old 01-28-2016, 05:38 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BadSneakers View Post
Back again.

Bad, fast relapse that lasted about 3 weeks. Checked myself into detox at the last minute this last Friday, I swear this relapse was going to kill me. The stuff I was using was not normal - taste, smell, effect - and there is a lot of bad h going around here. I didn't want to die - fortunately the real me was able to break through the dope zombie and ask for help.

Back to the rooms, IOP, and the recovery drawing board.
Welcome back BS- hopefully this last relapse leads you back to sobriety.... Sending you love and hugs. Feel well soon X
Old 01-28-2016, 06:28 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Well I had a stressful week at work. I'm not sure that ill ever beat this demon.

I love you all and wish the best of luck.
Old 01-28-2016, 06:32 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Roger keep coming back- you CAN beat this X
Old 01-28-2016, 06:55 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Odelle congratulations on your 3 weeks
And Tink on your 1 week!! Also anyone else I've missed- huge milestones xx
Old 01-28-2016, 07:05 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Day 10 and and counting. Almost slipped up last night feeling sorry for myself. Need to get over the hump and start sleeping more but I just toss and turn all night.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:12 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

I slipped last night ... Lots of personal issues going on and I faltered.

Get my eye back on the ball, and we're back to Day One now. I'll be going to a meeting tonight ... getting back on the horse and giving her some spur.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:12 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Quick check-in today as there is lots on my plate today. Day 15 - feeling pretty good. I'm also eating pretty clean and have been doing light workouts while navigating the first couple weeks of sobriety (backstory - I gained a bunch of weight after quitting smoking in August and became pretty sedentary). Weight loss has ground to a halt and I feel ready to ratchet up the challenge level, so this weekend I'll start some medium an higher intensity stuff.