Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 4

Old 01-27-2016, 05:44 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Booze bus pulled me over last night. Policeman asked if I'd been drinking and I said no. He asked me to blow and I did and got a big fat 0!!! Yippee!!!! I don't know how I managed to avoid being caught drink driving in the past. So ashamed at how stupid I was to put other peoples precious lives in danger.
Old 01-27-2016, 05:50 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Loving this post Mish!
Old 01-27-2016, 05:57 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
Checking in on day 28 for me today (4 weeks). I seem to be doing OK so far with no major melt downs.
Mish- I got pulled over when i was on day 7 or 8 and when asked if i had consumed any alcohol i replied "no i don't drink". I Had a chuckle to myself when driving off

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-27-2016, 06:17 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Hang in there Lulu, good things come to those who pursue them. I managed to waste the last 10 years too, but we can make the next 10 count!

Jim, 23 days is great, keep it up; the improvements will just keep getting better!

Another day is something to be proud of, JL!

Great job on day 5, Caramel. I am loving sober sleep too!

Congratulations on four weeks Pedro!

Everyone else, keep on keeping on!
Old 01-27-2016, 06:37 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  
On the road of happy destiny

Mish, that's excellent!

Day 9 here. I was very busy, just now getting a minute to sit down. I'm feeling fine; normal. I started Weight Watchers just a few days before I decided to stop drinking and I think it's helping that I'm beyond the omg-I'm-so-hungry phase now. Plus I've been taking vitamins and getting some exercise. I'm lucky to have bounced back quickly.

I hope everyone is feeling ok. Can you believe January is almost over?
Old 01-27-2016, 06:39 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

So posting here allows me into the January club? Working on day 2
Old 01-27-2016, 07:01 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

You are officially in, Mesober. One day at a time, sure adds up fast!
Old 01-27-2016, 07:39 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Day 20 coming to a close, and I am happy to report AV is still MIA, yay! I'm taking advantage of the AV's absence and clocked 2 days caffeine and nicotine free today, and 2.5 miles walked with the dog.

I don't think I would have gotten the motivation to start pushing myself to do more, if it weren't for you guys and gals. Your enthusiasm and determination is addicting, and that's one addiction I think I'm going to like!

Good night everyone!
Old 01-27-2016, 08:24 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Congratulations Odelle on Day 20---that's something to be very proud of---AND kicking caffeine and nicotine--wow! Good for you and your health

It is pretty cool how this group is so encouraging and how much we learn from sharing our journeys. Thanks everyone!
Old 01-27-2016, 08:25 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hello Mesober---Welcome to the Jan. class and good for you on Day 2!!
Old 01-27-2016, 08:47 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Hi everyone~

It's good to see you too Olivia

Welcome Mesober

Day 24 is almost over. It was a co-workers birthday today and a few people went out for drinks after work. I told them I had to finish what I was working on and declined. I never really drank in public anyway but thought it was best to avoid temptation.

I hope everyone has a happy Thursday
Old 01-27-2016, 08:56 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Good for you emme99. I also was not a big social drinker but it is still hard to resist temptation.

Welcome mesober!

So it is the end of day 1. What a day. I have a lot on my plate right now with looking for a job and doing college and i had to do all my homework with a huge headache today. So not fun. Never again!
Old 01-27-2016, 09:07 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

I'm glad I stopped by again today to read: I'd been feeling a bit low and despondent, but found so much encouragement and common-sense in the threads and posts I read - thanks, folks
Old 01-27-2016, 09:16 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Odelle View Post
Day 20 coming to a close, and I am happy to report AV is still MIA, yay! I'm taking advantage of the AV's absence and clocked 2 days caffeine and nicotine free today, and 2.5 miles walked with the dog. I don't think I would have gotten the motivation to start pushing myself to do more, if it weren't for you guys and gals. Your enthusiasm and determination is addicting, and that's one addiction I think I'm going to like! Good night everyone!
Good for you Odelle!!!!!!!
Old 01-27-2016, 09:17 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mish View Post
Booze bus pulled me over last night. Policeman asked if I'd been drinking and I said no. He asked me to blow and I did and got a big fat 0!!! Yippee!!!! I don't know how I managed to avoid being caught drink driving in the past. So ashamed at how stupid I was to put other peoples precious lives in danger.
You blew a ZERO! I bet that felt good!!! Yay!
Old 01-27-2016, 11:23 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Sunflower- I’ve had some un-nerving drinking dreams too. Made me feel unsettled but I am relieved when I wake up and I’m still sober! Would be awful to not be in this January group anymore!! I love it so much-- That’s a good reason for us to try and stay on track. I’m sorry to hear you’re having problems with your Hubby. Hopefully it’s just a transitional phase and things will work out – Try and stay busy and ignore that damn AV… I get it with the feeling vulnerable part.I think I must be a control freak somewhat and the idea that I have no control over my drinking addiction SUCKS! lol
Bandicoot- Isn’t it just a rollercoaster! I don’t know if I’m up or down half the time! Sometimes I’m so excited I feel like squealing because I’m sober, and in the next breath I’m heartbroken because I’m missing my best friend (booze)!! Sounds like you have some great plans in place to stay on track..keep it up-you’re going great x
Odelle- Well done on 20 days!! And huge congrats on cutting back the nicotine and caffeine too! You must be one strong cookie!!! Very inspirational.. Good luck on it all x
Zelda- Well done on day 11. One day at a time..Glad you’re sober x
Let’s dance- Welcome back to SR! Lots of us have had many attempts at quitting before, but you’re here now. I was given meds to help with the withdrawals, and I think it helped me to get through those first awful days. Stay close to SR and remember we are all here together x
SH- Hope your day gets better. I am familiar with the self-loathing thoughts at times but you can push through this and stay sober honey.. You’ve already come so far. Glad you are seeing your therapist.. Sometimes a nice nap can help too x
LULU- My fingers are crossed for your interviews. Hopefully you will hear something very soon. I hate waiting for anything -I’m far too impatient!!! Well done on your 23 days
Carrie- You sound like you’re doing great! Well done on venturing out of the house. It’s much easier to hide away in these early days. I seem to have developed an bit of an obsession for cleaning since I quit drinking 18 days ago! I’m driving my kids nuts haha!! Hang in there hun x
Thumpa- I agree you must have needed extra sleep. I think we should learn to listen to our bodies. We are so used to neglecting them. Hope you’re having a great day xx
ZEEBS- Well done on going so long without a drink!! 14 days is great ----2 WEEKS!! Yay
JIM- Great news that the head is clearing.. Hopefully it will keep on getting that bit better x
MISH- That must be such a great feeling!! Haha Bet you were excited to get stopped for once!! I know that for the past few years, if I had been stopped by a booze bus in the morning on my way to work I would have been arrestedLOL!! EVERY MORNING! That’s not counting the times I’ve also jumped in the car to buy more wine when I was already tanked! We can’t change our mistakes hey!
Pedro- GREAT response!!!! Love it!!! I'll remember that incase I get pulled up in the near future!!! At least it will be said with honesty!!
Strongbird- I’ve also just recently started with Weight watchers!! Move some of this wine-o-blubber!!! Let me know how you go with it!! Mine is coming off so slowly as i can't stop eating sweets!! lol One thing at a time right?!!
Hoping that everyone else is doing well, and enjoying another sober day/night xxxxxxx
Old 01-27-2016, 11:43 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Smile

So much positivity in the January class. So nice to be included in this lovely group. Thinking of you all.
Day 7 for me.
Couldn't do it without the SR community.
Love Tink
Old 01-27-2016, 11:48 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Morning all - still can't get off Day 1.

I had every intention of going to first AA last night. Petrol in car as 40 minutes drive away, no drinking before so I was safe to get there. As I hit the seafront where the meeting is I got sidetracked watching them moving the body of the sperm whale that washed up there a couple of days back.

I had seen the pictures on the TV but really had grasped the sheer enormity of the animals. By the time I dragged myself away I had missed the beginning of the meeting.

And on the way home my AV wormed it's way in. It'd been laying low all day as my alarm kept popping up with reminders but this was after they had finished for the day so maybe I need to have another hour or so on there as it 'may' have helped.

I hope everyone is well
Old 01-28-2016, 12:21 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Tinkerbell73;5765334]So much positivity in the January class. So nice to be included in this lovely group. Thinking of you all.
Day 7 for me.
Couldn't do it without the SR community.
Love Tink[/QUOTE
Well Done on 1 week Tink- proud of you X

Old 01-28-2016, 12:23 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by VirginiaWoof View Post
Morning all - still can't get off Day 1.

I had every intention of going to first AA last night. Petrol in car as 40 minutes drive away, no drinking before so I was safe to get there. As I hit the seafront where the meeting is I got sidetracked watching them moving the body of the sperm whale that washed up there a couple of days back.

I had seen the pictures on the TV but really had grasped the sheer enormity of the animals. By the time I dragged myself away I had missed the beginning of the meeting.

And on the way home my AV wormed it's way in. It'd been laying low all day as my alarm kept popping up with reminders but this was after they had finished for the day so maybe I need to have another hour or so on there as it 'may' have helped.

I hope everyone is well
Keep going VW! You can do this xx we're here for you Hun