Notices

Soberpotamus's Oral Surgery Recovery Support & Journal Part 3

Old 02-16-2016, 08:28 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

I drove myself today. I think I will be fine.

I will let him if he wants to.

I called the after hours number at my doctor's office. I yelled at the answering service girl. She was snippy with me and kept interrupting me. I guess I won't be getting a call-back from the on-call doc.

Brian said to wait thirty minutes and then he will call them back.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:39 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

I think calling back is a good idea.
And the operator should have been more compassionate.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:14 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Ok, I talked with the on-call doc. He told me to call the office in the morning and come in to see him.

He said around the 4-6 week point, infections do happen. And he mentioned bone fragments, pus, and some other stuff.

He said he would look at me to rule this out and ease my mind. Or, if needed, antibiotics or a procedure using local anesthetics (god, I hope not) might be in order.
Old 02-17-2016, 02:34 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I'm glad you've talked to the Doc. Get checked, get healthy.

I've always thought the best revenge against problem people was my absence. Your "manager" deserves it.
Old 02-17-2016, 07:51 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Administrator

SP, I'm glad you called the dr and are getting in for an appointment. I hope it's not an infection, but if it is, then the sooner you get medication, the better. And, at least it will ease your mind.

I'm sorry you're feeling alone. But, you know we are here for you. This journey has been long and difficult for you, and adding to that problems at work and with your husband, it's understandable that you are feeling stressed. But, you've got an appointment with the dr and with the corporate people to talk, so that's great.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:03 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi Jen,

Oral infections can be really serious if left untreated but no big deal if caught early so you are doing exactly the right thing. Hopefully it will be nothing at all
Old 02-17-2016, 12:43 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Take good care of yourself SP, contacting the Dr was a good idea!!
Old 02-17-2016, 01:01 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus View Post
Ok, I talked with the on-call doc. He told me to call the office in the morning and come in to see him.

He said around the 4-6 week point, infections do happen. And he mentioned bone fragments, pus, and some other stuff.

He said he would look at me to rule this out and ease my mind. Or, if needed, antibiotics or a procedure using local anesthetics (god, I hope not) might be in order.
Thinking of you, Potamus.

Hope that the appt. with the doctor goes well.
Old 02-17-2016, 07:33 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

It seems I'm fine. Normal healing aches, pains, and swelling. Isn't it lovely? Lol. Things change for me daily, so it's like I never know what I'm going to wake up to. It's so strange. And it's been a complete mind-scramble to be ailing for this long. It's like I wake up expecting and hoping to be well, but I'm not. And the end is nowhere in sight yet. It's hard, psychologically. But, I knew it would be. Nothing really can prepare you though. It's just a new experience to go through. Nothing like experience, huh?

They do want me to come in next Tuesday, as scheduled. So, I'll see my doctor then.

Also, about the job situation... no worries at all. I have a job waiting for me at the store, in the garden center, and working with the plants. But I'll also be doing other things in the garden center as well. It'll be similar to the job I was doing, just some extra things added on. My friend, who I text from work, said they are offering to help me with the online app, but that shouldn't be necessary. I can probably figure that out myself. She said they're all super excited I'll be working directly for the store. They are happy to hear I quit the other company. That company has a bad rep with the store. And I understand completely why that is.

Today, she said my "team lead" showed up in tears, telling them she was scared because she might not find a replacement soon, as two interviews didn't even show. My friend said she *almost* felt sorry for her, but she didn't. Lol. Remember, this is the chick who went behind my back bad-mouthing me to people who knew better. They all defended me to my own manager! This is one of those cases of where two older females were treating me like crap just because they hated me for being me. I threatened them by being more educated, more mature, and have infinitely better work ethics. It's sad that it goes on in the workplace, but it's a fact. They criticised me every chance they got. Now, the store will go through a string of crappy employees hired by these same two women. Management will end up sending them all away, just as before.

What's going to be awkward is that I'll be there when this crappy individual shows up to pretend she is managing the place. I'll be there, and she won't be able to do or say anything to me or about me. I'll be protected by the other company. That is nice payback.

The lady I was to speak with this morning form corporate told me to wait until I've healed and can speak properly. She told me not to worry about it, that she has her phone on at all times, and I'm welcome to call her anytime. I will probably type up a very detailed email of what happened, and then follow up with a phone call.
Old 02-17-2016, 07:38 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Glad to hear that you are okay, Potamus.

You have come such a long way from where you were after your surgery; I am so very inspired by you.
Old 02-17-2016, 07:39 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad everything is ok

D
Old 02-17-2016, 07:41 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus View Post
It seems I'm fine. Normal healing aches, pains, and swelling. Isn't it lovely? Lol. Things change for me daily, so it's like I never know what I'm going to wake up to. It's so strange. And it's been a complete mind-scramble to be ailing for this long. It's like I wake up expecting and hoping to be well, but I'm not. And the end is nowhere in sight yet. It's hard, psychologically. But, I knew it would be. Nothing really can prepare you though. It's just a new experience to go through. Nothing like experience, huh?
Glad you went to see the doc to rule out infection.
Old 02-17-2016, 07:47 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

I am slowly making progress with my proofreading work. There are tons of pages left for me to work on. It's going to take a while, still. I wish that weren't the case. But, I'd rather be fully trained and educated than not.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:01 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

It feels good to be liked by people for who I am. That's one amazing thing I've experienced since getting sober and taking on a part-time job. It's really the only time I've been around a large amount of people since I quit drinking, and none of these people knew me as a drinker. Also, it was after two years of sobriety when I started the job, and so I'd had plenty of time to grow into my sobriety by that point.

It just feels really good to know that I'm thought of highly by average, everyday people. That means so much to me. I don't take it for granted, and I don't take it lightly.

This might be one of those things some people did naturally before recovery, but I was never one who enjoyed being around people. I'm introverted, and so it's always been quite a stretch for me to relax around others. I'm not stress-free around people by any means, but I find myself enjoying people for the first time in my adult life. I remember enjoying getting to know people in college, but things went downhill quickly after graduation. So, this is really nice.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:30 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

We continue here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-4-a.html