Notices

One Year and Under Club Part 51

Old 03-05-2016, 08:36 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

I feel a bit bad posting this. I hope it's not upsetting anyway? I understand if it is. I don't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable
Old 03-05-2016, 08:49 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
I feel a bit bad posting this. I hope it's not upsetting anyway? I understand if it is. I don't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable
you are in the place to be. Congrats on pouring it down. I've had times where I've bought a lot of weed smoked half of a joint and flushed the other half along with all of the rest of the bag. It happens.
Old 03-05-2016, 08:52 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

don't quit!!! We're here!! Keep posting!! I over ate so much yesterday in replacement of drinking and smoking. The thing is, nothing can replace our higher power. Any time we try replacing it, it will surely fail and harm us. I'm a day later with stomach pains because of all the food I've eaten yesterday. I have to learn to deal, have to learn to get closer without hurting myself. Anything is better than drink and substance abuse though, keep fighting the good fight.
Old 03-05-2016, 09:22 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

I suspect if you ask around, you'll find that we'd be much more upset about you lapsing because you didn't reach out and ask for help. Don't worry about our comfort. Focus on your sobriety.

I've had nights where I went to my January class asking for help because the damned urge was just so present.
Old 03-05-2016, 10:07 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thumpalumpacus View Post
I suspect if you ask around, you'll find that we'd be much more upset about you lapsing because you didn't reach out and ask for help. Don't worry about our comfort. Focus on your sobriety.

I've had nights where I went to my January class asking for help because the damned urge was just so present.
Knb, I totally agree with Thumpa! You are where you need to be. Many of us have been in similar spots. It's an example of how strong a hold the addiction has. You took a great big step pouring it down the drain :-)

In my home thread, we all reminded each other that we had nothing to be sorry for in battling our addiction.

Fradley, good to hear from you! I meant to respond sooner but my memory isn't what it used to be.
Old 03-05-2016, 10:32 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
I feel that the nonjudgemental acceptance here is the key to being able to unblock our negativity about ourselves. Being able to offload all the cr4p about ourselves and have others say 'you know, you ain't so bad, and you are working on getting better' helps to finally let go the guilt that drags us down and that AV uses against us ....' I am unworthy therefore I might as well drink' . For many of us here, for the first time in our LIVES we can talk to people who not only don't judge, but who seem to actually understand what led us to the dark places we inhabited in our souls. Shining a light here on those dark places changes them.
!
This ^^^^ made all the difference and is a major reason I'm over 60 days Sober! Thank you tootsl1 and thank you SR
Old 03-05-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Hey guys! Just a quick line to wish you all a great weekend!

I've had a couple of moments where I came close to buying booze. Hope I would have had the strength to pour it away! Good job Knb!
Old 03-05-2016, 01:56 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CharlesG View Post
don't quit!!! We're here!! Keep posting!! I over ate so much yesterday in replacement of drinking and smoking. The thing is, nothing can replace our higher power. Any time we try replacing it, it will surely fail and harm us. I'm a day later with stomach pains because of all the food I've eaten yesterday. I have to learn to deal, have to learn to get closer without hurting myself. Anything is better than drink and substance abuse though, keep fighting the good fight.
Yeah I am eating atrocious amounts of food but it's better than the drunk idiot I was nearly two months ago. One day at a time . I will start exerting. I keep saying Monday but Monday never comes.
Old 03-05-2016, 02:00 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Ok that's good to know. The thing about this damn addiction is that it makes you think you are the only one with this affliction. When I am suffering I think that no one else could be suffering like me. Which makes me isolate, which makes me less accountable , which makes me not care, which makes me drink.

But I go to aa meetings, post and read on SR and see that every one suffers the same way! And it still surprises me now lol!!! Slow learner. I will get there
Old 03-05-2016, 02:01 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Knb, I totally agree with Thumpa! You are where you need to be. Many of us have been in similar spots. It's an example of how strong a hold the addiction has. You took a great big step pouring it down the drain :-)

In my home thread, we all reminded each other that we had nothing to be sorry for in battling our addiction.

Fradley, good to hear from you! I meant to respond sooner but my memory isn't what it used to be.
What's your home thread Saskia? I have been to a few classes shame to say
Old 03-05-2016, 02:03 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Exactly, the main tool of addiction is removing the perspective that social activity usually provides. We're stronger as a team.
Old 03-05-2016, 02:12 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Exactly, the main tool of addiction is removing the perspective that social activity usually provides. We're stronger as a team.
This is why group therapy works
Old 03-05-2016, 02:58 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Put it back. Feel miserable now
Dear god
you can use chicken broth instead of wine for flavor when you cook!!
Old 03-05-2016, 03:16 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Keepnitreal View Post
you can use chicken broth instead of wine for flavor when you cook!!
I.googled a substitute for wine in cooking...white vinigar is suppose to be a good replacement
Old 03-05-2016, 03:38 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

What's your home thread Saskia? I have been to a few classes shame to say
No shame in that, knb! This is a tough addiction.

My home thread is March 2013. We recently (this past week) had a group post in Newcomers with a number of our stories.
Old 03-05-2016, 09:48 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Shopping for food today. The supermarket, which is pretty downscale, was loaded with alcohol, literally every aisle. Not just wine and beer, but tons of vodka and whiskey. I never noticed that before. When I was there I realized it was Trigger #434. I am going to have to find a better class of place to shop.
Old 03-05-2016, 10:03 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so glad you got through that knb
Any ideas on why you're so antsy right now?

D
Old 03-06-2016, 01:15 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Dee74;5834775]I'm so glad you got through that knb
Any ideas on why you're so antsy right now?

D[/
No idea Dee. Got no excuse. My life is pretty good..my business is doing well, my son is happy, I am single ( no headache from partner lol), my cat is happy. Think it's that bad wolf you were talking about. It still wants out and wants to destroy and destruct everything.

I am sorry for yoou lose Dee. You do an amazing job on SR. Really you do
Old 03-06-2016, 01:16 AM
  # 499 (permalink)  

I think you called it a wolf?? Lol

Happy mothers day for the mums in the UK xxx x
Old 03-06-2016, 02:13 AM
  # 500 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks knb.
I'm not one for sharing much, but it kinda came up on another thread.

My godmother passed away after a very long and painful illness. I know she's at peace now
I'll be mostly away for the next couple of days.

and yes it's wolves

One evening, an elderly
cherokee brave told his
grandson about a battle that
goes on inside people.

he said "my son, the battle is
between two 'wolves' inside us all.
one is evil. it is anger,
envy, jealousy, sorrow,
regret, greed, arrogance,
self-pity, guilt, resentment,
inferiority, lies, false pride,