Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 100

Old 01-20-2016, 04:18 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NoGoingBack View Post
24 more for me please. I don't think I've ever felt so low as I do right now. It's a horrible place to be trapped in depression and unable to see a way out. My doctor asked if I felt suicidal or felt like hurting myself, and the answer to that has always been a straight no because I couldn't be so selfish as to put my children and family through the experience of that. So I keep on keeping on, knowing I'm not doing the best but I could be a whole lot worse.

night night all x
Hope a good night sleep has you feeling better in the morning, NGB. Sending Good thoughts and prayers your way. Anything you can do to help?
Old 01-20-2016, 04:21 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by growpath View Post
Was "one of those days" ugh....yesterday was too.

Speaking of yesterday, I told myself, I am not going to drink over it! I came home pretty beat mentally and decided to call a friend, do yoga, write in my journal and take a nice long bath....instead of drinking. I laid in bed a couple hours later sound asleep...this AM on the way to work I remembered why I went home from work upset and I suddenly recalled I did not lose a wink of sleep over it that night and that I had forgotten about it since after my writing and yoga session etc and through this AM. I would call that healing...growing. Learning to deal with my emotions over choosing to drink and ignore them. I worked through that emotion and came out fine and most importantly sober. I made the choice not to exaggerate the problem by drinking. If I would have chose to drink over it I would have been up all night pissed tossing and turning and then woke up today still fuming...and hungover. Growth. I am proud of me That is that moment between when a craving hits and the choice or not to drink makes good recovery Driving to work I realized all this and it made me happy

I think today is just typical day 5 I hate the world depression but I learned from yesterday this too shall pass. It will. I will just keep facing each emotion and day sober and continue to grow!!!!

Anyway, I hope you all have great days or nights wherever you are.

Yep lil pup,

I think your stretching tall. Instead of getting "all stretched out" you're getting stretched Tall. Be Happy.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:29 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NoGoingBack View Post
24 more for me please. I don't think I've ever felt so low as I do right now. It's a horrible place to be trapped in depression and unable to see a way out. My doctor asked if I felt suicidal or felt like hurting myself, and the answer to that has always been a straight no because I couldn't be so selfish as to put my children and family through the experience of that. So I keep on keeping on, knowing I'm not doing the best but I could be a whole lot worse.

night night all x
I'm so sorry that you are feeling so low, NGB. Sending love and hugs to you.

Hope you sleep well and wake up feeling better in the morning.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:33 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Was "one of those days" ugh....yesterday was too.

Speaking of yesterday, I told myself, I am not going to drink over it! I came home pretty beat mentally and decided to call a friend, do yoga, write in my journal and take a nice long bath....instead of drinking. I laid in bed a couple hours later sound asleep...this AM on the way to work I remembered why I went home from work upset and I suddenly recalled I did not lose a wink of sleep over it that night and that I had forgotten about it since after my writing and yoga session etc and through this AM. I would call that healing...growing. Learning to deal with my emotions over choosing to drink and ignore them. I worked through that emotion and came out fine and most importantly sober. I made the choice not to exaggerate the problem by drinking. If I would have chose to drink over it I would have been up all night pissed tossing and turning and then woke up today still fuming...and hungover. Growth. I am proud of me That is that moment between when a craving hits and the choice or not to drink makes good recovery Driving to work I realized all this and it made me happy

I think today is just typical day 5 I hate the world depression but I learned from yesterday this too shall pass. It will. I will just keep facing each emotion and day sober and continue to grow!!!!

Anyway, I hope you all have great days or nights wherever you are.

Cool stuff, growpath. I am so proud of you, too!!!!!
Old 01-20-2016, 04:38 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

24 for me too please. Feeling depressed too but doing a lot of reading on here and getting lots of good advice and help. Thanks everyone. Love the encouragement on this thread
Old 01-20-2016, 04:40 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Hi, Jemma; hope that depression evaporates soon.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:42 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Thanks SoberLeigh, me too
Old 01-20-2016, 05:02 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Big hug Jemma. <3
Old 01-20-2016, 05:04 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Sleep with the angels tonight.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:08 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Thanks, Kris; you, too.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:12 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

24 ! 6 months sober today!
Old 01-20-2016, 05:14 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Upwardspiral View Post
24 ! 6 months sober today!
Congratulations, Upwardspiral; very happy for you.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:15 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Upward, yessssss! Super congrats on 6 months!!

I'll take another 24 sober hours, please!

My honey enjoyed her birthday! We are embarking on a big move, so I tried really hard to make it special and not get swallowed up in that. Looks like it worked.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:22 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

...growing. Growth. I will just keep facing each emotion and day sober and continue to grow!!!!
I guess that's why we call you growpath! Keep growing friend! Good stuff.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:20 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  
Recoverer of Self

I forgot to logon today! But I did complete the day successfully sober! Hopefully this will count!
Old 01-20-2016, 07:23 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

A sober day always counts, rahrah!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2016, 07:52 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Hi,
I lifted a few heavy boxes with books today. We decided to do a housecleaning and have a Yard Sale next month. I LOVE reading books and collecting them too! But, my passion has led me to a no over abundance of books. I need to share. Plus getting a $1 a book will be a nice extra!
I've got the heating pad on my lower back,feels great.: Mmm a cup of hot cocoa is in my immediate future too.
Checking in for the next 24 hours of my recovery, thanks to my HP, AA, and you guys here on SR.
My prayers tonight for our friends having a tough time with Depression. I've walked your path. I just want to suggest seeing your Doctor. I finally did and my life much improved. Then when Sobriety came into my life ..oh yeah Universe
Bobbi
Old 01-20-2016, 07:53 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Take care of your back, Bobbi.

Do you have plans for the proceeds of your yard sale?
Old 01-20-2016, 07:54 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

How are you feeling tonight, 1new?????
Old 01-20-2016, 07:57 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

All set for another 24 hours sober.

7:57 PM in the forest.