Notices

Soberpotamus's Oral Surgery Recovery Support & Journal Part 2

Old 01-20-2016, 09:10 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Do you have any more Mr Rogers to watch?
Old 01-20-2016, 09:13 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Ha!! Yes, I do, V.

I've been watching it all day. Some of the earliest episodes when he was younger. He had such a nice smile. Such a sweet man.

The ipad is plugged in and under the covers with me.
Old 01-20-2016, 10:05 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Hi soberp! I just saw your thread in the daily section! I didn't know it was moved!
I'm so sorry to hear about your night!
I hope you get a decent sleep xoxo
Self cleaning ovens can smell really bad.
Old 01-20-2016, 10:37 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

I hate to play devils advocate here- but is it possible he was just being an idiot?
Maybe he was trying to help out and clean the oven for you so the house was clean- and thought he'd kill two birds with one stone by throwing the dutch oven in there?
I ask because as you know I own a cleaning business- people do all kinds of dumb things like that, and destroy their houses simply because they don't know any better.
I had one guy moving out- he sprayed oven cleaner in the oven then turned the self cleaning on
He thought he was doing good.....
Xoxo

Someone else used a heavy duty lime remover on their hardwood to try and clean it....
The list goes on
Old 01-20-2016, 10:54 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Oh yeah- if you're looking for something to do, I highly suggest you download the first season of true detective, I still think you'll love it!
Old 01-20-2016, 10:57 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Yes, it was very good.
Old 01-21-2016, 12:15 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, SP.

I've just read about your recent events. Wow. Just what you really need now.

Though I tend to agree with Jen here. Probably he did this toxicity assault inadvertently - just out of cleaning imbecility.

I myself guilty of making the same idiotic experience twice while cleaning inside of my electric kettle. I ran out of cleaning products and used baking soda insted. To finish it off I boiled water. Guess what? Soda residue resulted in generous foam which went out and water was all over the place almost ruining electric kettle, and causing electricity kncpock-out to prevent damage. The kettle survived. Even came back to life after some time. So, when memories faded out I repeated the experience. I cant even come out with an excuse to say something against Enstein` saying about insanity and doing the same thing expecting different result.

It surely doesnt help a lot - you have had enough stress already.

Anyway, glad you are home.
Old 01-21-2016, 12:21 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Hoping that tomorrow will be a better day J. ♥
Old 01-21-2016, 05:04 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

I'm awake, and in some pain this morning. I'm also coughing from the fumes.

I've been lying here in my own sweat again, imagining him dying a horrible death. He has neglected, abused and completely humiliated me. I am in a rage.

He is an idiot. I made all sorts of excuses all along to justify his behavior and actions. He is just a moron, with a black heart.

I am thinking it's going to be the worst months of my life ahead of me as I rehabilitate. I can't imagine how I'm going to take my business to the next level while dealing with a numb face and a mean, idiot for a husband. It's difficult to be productive and grow a business while living with someone you detest, because the two are at odds...the attitude required is hard to maintain amid hatred. But that's what I have to do in order to divorce this jerk.
Old 01-21-2016, 05:06 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

It's feels mean, dark, ugly and hopeless.
Old 01-21-2016, 05:15 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

I guess I will take some pain medicine even though it affects me badly. So sick of it all.
Old 01-21-2016, 05:44 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Is the smell gone now? If it is you are probably okay. Take a cue from your dogs. They know danger and smell it. No pun intended. If it is gone, just Breathe. You have been through a lot. The Good news is you are healing up. Continue to rest and take care of yourself. Don't forget ODAAT. Pause and Think. Are you okay in your surroundings now? If you are, try to find some calm. Breathe. You are gonna be okay. Sending good vibes your way!
Old 01-21-2016, 06:06 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Just as in our sobriety, we need to make a plan. We need to think it out. Sometimes all you can Do is Breathe. You are strong. You also are smart. Work it all out while you are healing physically. Big Hug for you, SP.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:42 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

I'll be back later tonight after work.
I hope you feel a bit better xoxo
Old 01-21-2016, 09:41 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jennie, I am so, so sorry for what happened last night. And, I'm so sorry I missed this. I wish I had been here for you last night, but I'm glad you got lots of support here. Wow, the who scenario is so weird. I'm sorry you are so low at this moment and I know how hard you are trying to move forward with your life.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:44 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Kris47 View Post
Just as in our sobriety, we need to make a plan. We need to think it out. Sometimes all you can Do is Breathe. You are strong. You also are smart. Work it all out while you are healing physically. Big Hug for you, SP.
Kris, this is absolutely right on!
Old 01-21-2016, 10:40 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Anna, don't worry. You have been hers for me. I am ok. You have been wonderful.
Old 01-21-2016, 10:44 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Kris, the smell lingers but it's not that strong anymore. The dogs never seemed bothered by it. At the time thougg, that terrified me because I t assumed has already begun to affect them and might be putting them to sleep. Katie seemed really sleepy and she is older. Anyway, I forced them out of the house.

I see what you're saying. Yes, it makes sense. I think we might be alright now.

I woke up coughing a lot, and my lungs hurt. I seem to have coughed out most of it.

Thanks so much.
Old 01-21-2016, 10:45 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi Jen, sorry to read about your tribulations. Your husband does seem somewhat misguided viz a viz oven cleaning. Some guys can be amazingly dense about domestic chores ie they haven't done them before. It is what it sounds like to me

PS if you ever visit the UK be cautious about mentioning Dutch Ovens - they have a secondary meaning here (probably only to people of my generation or older)
Old 01-21-2016, 10:50 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
SP, try to focus on your recovery right now. As impossible as it sounds, build an emotional wall - let his anger ricochet back to him.

If thins don't improve, there will be no need to keep anger going - he will provide lots of opportunities for this.

You can't go file for divorce right now, today? So don't think about this. What's you primary goal for today? Follow your doc's prescriptions and do everything possible for faster and high quality recovery.

Can you work on you business right now, this moment? I guess not. So, give your mind a break- poor thing just wastes its resources jetting back and forth between thousand of worries.

Tomorrow you will decide again on best available actions - depending on your condition, circumstances, etc.

I join the above advice - breathe.

Hugs.