Notices

One Year & Over Part 34

Old 01-17-2016, 04:59 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Venus thank you so much for sharing that about your magazine career, it has set me thinking....and yes anything is possible, you really never know.
GHD how did the baking turn out?
You guys it's so cold.......but I like it does that make me crazy?
My friend just came and split all my wood for me. Thank goodness. It's amazing what takes him an hour to do would take me days and days.
It's so beautiful around my place. I really enjoy the landscape here.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:14 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Birthday LDT

D
Old 01-17-2016, 05:19 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

LDT,

Old 01-17-2016, 05:27 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

IP,

I like the cold too...particularly when I am skiing in it. It is so quiet and peaceful when there is a blanket of snow covering the world. I could see a light snow falling while I was in the kitchen cooking a quiche, oatmeal raisin cookies, cornbread, and chili. Very cozy. Snuggled with my cats in a big blanket for a nap afterwards.

Got a lot of other stuff done too. Very happy that I have the day off from work tomorrow. On a normal weekend, it is all I can do to get the laundry and grocery shopping done.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:37 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I like the cold as well, although I guess what we consider cold pales in comparison to the temps you guys get.

GD, your evening sounds divine. As does you cooking.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:50 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey all!

LDT

FBL,
I saw the new avatar and thought OMG! I better check, and sure enough.

IP
Yeah I thought you'd like that one.

Mags,
Hope you feel better. Glad you liked the animation. Mags, try asking him. I can say that when asked the worst year of marriage I can agree with the greats that said "whichever one you're in."

Wolf,
I too hope your niece visit goes well. How are the wildlife feeders doing?

V,
Ditto what Dee said.

Sassy,
Glad you liked the videos and I am with you about today, but my working days aren't over per se.

RZ,
If a cell phone case were made of pewter would that make it a comm-pewter?

Dee,
Well put.

MB,
You had no money for your major energy outlet, the gym, no wonder? When we are faced with our own behavior and beliefs disagreeing we are in distress. Cognitive dissonance. Only options are to either change our belief and continue the behavior, or change the behavior to agree with our belief. I envy you your athletic routine and physical fitness. At some point we all get older and our bodies can't obey our mind's direction. Muscle memory seems to go before our regular memory does.

Toots,
I guess James Cordon had a really good career before he came to be with the colonists. He is not just talented in comedy.

Guys,
I came from a broken home, abandoned by my father when I was six. I grew up in the 50s and 60s when divorced women were held in no esteem. I never had anything much, but I guess it seemed enough. I coulda-woulda-shoulda been lots of things as I had no limiting factors. But in truth, I only dreamed of being enough, though being enough seemed beyond me. I can't pine over dreams unachieved. I far exceeded my wildest dreams having two good kiddos and a good marriage. Money always came easy to me and fugal was a way of life before I realized everyone else didn't have or want the knack for it.

If I have any problem at all it is having nothing of which I really am in want. I have had more possessions than I ever dreamed I would, and have touched many lives, mentoring several dozen folks directly, and thousands more in large groups. I started saying that I've lived ten lives in one, and done what others find exceeds their capacity to believe. I've not just been everywhere, I've lived everywhere. If I dreamed it, I did it. And brought no harm to get or do anything to any other. I was satisfied with my life. I many times said that if I dropped dead suddenly, no regrets as I had more than lived my dreams and helped others along the way.Then I started to drink in earnest. Now I realize my life is not over and am thinking about that very fact. A story I read and kept through the years.

WISHING ALL OF YOU ENOUGH

Recently, I overheard a father & daughter in their last moments together. They had announced her plane's departure and standing near the security gate, they hugged and he said, "I love you. I wish you enough." She said, "Daddy, our life together has been more than enough. Your love is all I ever needed. I wish you enough, too, Daddy." They kissed and she left.

He walked over toward the window where I was seated. Standing there I could see he wanted and needed to cry. I tried not to intrude on his privacy, but he welcomed me in by asking, "Did you ever say goodbye to someone knowing it would be forever???" "Yes, I have," I replied. Saying that brought back memories I had of expressing my love and appreciation for all my Dad had done for me. Recognizing that his days were limited, I took the time to tell him face to face how much he meant to me. So I knew what this man was experiencing, "Forgive me for asking, but why is this a forever goodbye," I asked. "I am old, and she lives much too far away. I have challenges ahead, and the reality is, her next trip back will be for my funeral," he said. "When you were saying good-bye I heard you say 'I wish you enough'." "May I ask what that means???" He began to smile. "That's a wish that has been handed down from other generations. My parents used to say it to everyone."

He paused for a moment, and looking up as if trying to remember it in detail, he smiled even more. "When we said 'I wish you enough', we were wanting the other person to have a life filled with enough good things to sustain them," he continued and then turning toward me, he shared the following as if he were reciting it from memory. "I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright. I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more. I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive. I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger. I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting. I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess. I wish you enough "Hello's" to get you through the final "Good-bye". He then began to sob and walked away.

I wish you all what I've found, enough.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:57 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Oh Itchy....I am in tears. That is so beautiful.

Thank you .
Old 01-17-2016, 11:36 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Yw v!
Old 01-18-2016, 03:35 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Thanks for sharing that story, Itch.

Happy (belated) birthday, LDT!

Another frigid morning here. Supposed to warm up later this week.

Have a great Monday, overs!
Old 01-18-2016, 03:42 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Do your best

Happy birthday LDT

Were changing the feeders more in winter which makes sense were close to doing the birdwatch which begins at the end of January its only for one weekend Baxter the squirrel was taking more than his fair share but we got round that with sellotape over the top of feeder so he can't just lift them off and feast he can have a fair share like the rest lol

Have a good day
Old 01-18-2016, 04:15 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!
Old 01-18-2016, 07:13 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
i got an old tin lantern for $8

and put an offer in on $3000 worth of 17th & 18th c american pewter

talk about yin & yang! lol
Hey Zip, give that lantern a rub, you never know......

FBL, ooh, Grizzly Adams!! I thought he was lovely!! Wasn't sure who I would have preferred to cuddle up to him or The bear!

Nice story Itchy

All is well in Tootsville as we head into a new week.
Old 01-18-2016, 09:20 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Skylar,
He had a week or so of being very thirsty, but since his I/O was good I had planned on taking him to the vets if he showed anything more or it kept up. Yesterday he had a spell in the morning where he did not open his eyes. But we coaxed him up to go out and he did his thing yesterday morning twice, then his normal afternoon. Last night he could barely get up and made it down the steps to go out and had to be carried back. He could not walk to the back of the house and collapsed in the hall. We got him into bed and stayed up all night with him hoping he would improve but he didn't. He couldn't hold anything down and his paws were cold. We carried him to the vet, literally, and the vet told us she could do blood tests and perhaps there might be a treatment. But she thought he'd had a stroke or neurological incident. His body was drawing his blood into his middle to support his organs. She doubted that anything could be or have been done. His eyes were alert, he was scared, and I calmed him. He was sick to his stomach again and we decided that the vet was right, we needed to end his suffering. She gave him a shot to calm him and knock him out. He was still looking at me but if he could he would have smiled, the pain was gone, and I told her to go ahead and we held him, telling him he was a good dog and my buddy, while he found total peace. He was my lifetime buddy for the last ten years or so. He only suffered for a day. He knew he could never get up again. We released him and his spirit trotted on at about 9 this morning. It never gets easier. Maggie is lost and waiting for him. We are cleaning up from last night. We'll make it with an empty spot in our house, and bedroom, and by my side and at my feet, that he filled so well and happily. We are so sorry none of you, my friends of recovering our selves, got to meet him. He was quite the handsome pup with a joyful personality.

Goodbye bud.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Old 01-18-2016, 09:29 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Re-Member

The furkids last month under my desk at my feet:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
PB100022 (Small) (Small).JPG (68.8 KB, 30 views)
Old 01-18-2016, 09:33 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Itch, so sorry to hear about Skylar. You'll always have those wonderful memories.
Old 01-18-2016, 10:03 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thanks. It doesn't get easier.
Old 01-18-2016, 10:31 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Itchy. Godspeed to Skyler
Old 01-18-2016, 11:12 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

(((Itchy)))! No, it never does get easier. We love our four-pawed friends so dearly. Thank you for sharing the pics.
Old 01-18-2016, 12:29 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sorry about Skyler Itchy
Old 01-18-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Itchy I'm so sorry about Skylar. That must have been so hard. So sorry.