Notices

One Year & Over Part 34

Old 02-09-2016, 06:21 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Tuesday! My my. I have to go to the employment office today, first time in my life I've done that. But everyone keeps telling me to do it so I suppose I will. I just usually avoid dealing with the government however I can.
You guys its 9C today!!!! That's 48F. Unbelievable warm. I'll take it, but yeesh. Everything's going to be messed up in the spring when the runoff is all wrong. It's scary to think about how that will affect things, wildlife, crops etc.
Grace in answer to your question, no I have not decided what to do yet. I'm applying to jobs that seem suitable, seeing what comes back, and trying not to panic. Btw I didn't know about Pancake Day. But how funny that I haven't made them in a year and when I do it's on Pancake Day. Or...the day before?
I wrote this long essay last night, about sense of place and how much this place has started to feel like home to me, and how I think it's actually changing me as a person living here. Living "rustic" on one's own I think is some kind of lesson in solitude and independence. I feel so much more able to be on my own now than I ever have. I've never lived quite so on my own before, and had to take care of a whole house on my own. I'm realizing the joys of keeping house. How weird does that sound, I know, but idk I feel like it's a rite of passage or something! Too bad I have no one to share it with, but oh well! Everything is up in the air. I've applied for eight jobs, it was a holiday weekend so I'm hoping that I'll hear back from one or two today. And yes I have the interview later. We shall see.
I'm sorry about your ex, Valentine, and that you miss your dogs. But yes less drama is a good thing.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:54 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Rusty, InPar, Mags, Saskia, FBL, Itchy, Venus, D, Toots, Gilmer, Grace, Drake

Hope you have all had a nice day or are having one
Old 02-09-2016, 01:17 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  
Do your best

Goodnight Overs
Old 02-09-2016, 01:33 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  
Magsie

Night Wolfie, night overs.

Grace, hope all went well at the dentist!

It's cold out tonight, I think it will freeze in the morning. I went skidding all over the road on my way to work, I thought the steering had gone, didn't realise there were icy patchy, couldn't tell , luckily nothing coming other way, I'm pleased to Say!

Just been to a meeting in the village and I realise I'm a controlling person. I don't want to be and I've got to take a step back.
I think I've always been a bit bossy, I looked after my younger brothers from being knee high. But how do you let go? I'm not sure! Just when I think I'm doing ok, mentally, wham, anyway, I've signed up for another course on cousera, psychology. Might learn a bit more about those little grey cells.

Sorry to be a moaner!
Old 02-09-2016, 05:48 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

What's the course, Mags?
Old 02-09-2016, 09:17 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  
Magsie

It's 'positive psychology', Inpar. I love delving in the mind!
Old 02-09-2016, 11:10 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sounds interesting Mags

Good morning
Old 02-09-2016, 11:50 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs.

I'm on a downer and trying to stay upbeat and positive. There's really no reason for it. Just that I'm human I suppose. Hopefully it will pass soon.

Have a good Wednesday.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:08 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  
Re-Member

VC,
You bet! GaGa with Tony Bennet doing duets is just classic. She is amazing. I am also a big fan of Bruno Mars, Beyonce, and Coldplay. Very strange though seeing them trying to blend together. I give that an A-.

EN,
I am a baby boomer and was a teen in the 60s in the New York City metropolitan area. Lots of Elephant bells, love beads, and music in the East Village. The circle in the square as well as the clubs and coffee houses. I marched against the war then enlisted to avoid the draft and grew up in the military. It was that kind of time. I was liberated from my estrogen waterboarding organic chamber in 1952. I must have gotten Stockholm syndrome because I spent the rest of my adult life trying to go back. If you were a teen in the 60s on either coast, we must be twin sons of different mothers. FBL is the music man and Rusty the band drummer, Instant and Dee are the guitarists here, along with me and several others.

Congrats Soberseedling,
Welcome to the sober old growth timber stand! Now you must learn the secret greeting dance, sombrero mandatory:
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/tresamigos.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Sassy,
I'm OK, thanks for asking. I've felt more lighthearted, but a heavy heart is not an overload sober.

Grace!
After all that I guess you are glad to be back posting about the ills and ill in past tense. Good to read ya dearie.

FBL,
I think we are all getting to the age when we notice all those that we took for granted in our lives through relationships or art. I'd have loved to see him and them live but hey, images, recordings, film and videos are forever. Hicks is one I missed. Must have been more local Bay area than nationally well known. Bit then I like a lot of recordings like the Black Poets, or The Velvet Underground that many away from the NY music scene barely were aware of until much later when their members made it big.
The weather here has been dry for a week, and highs are 55-60° F!

IP,
Sheesh you sound like the old Timex commercial where it takes a licking and keeps on ticking. It's about time.

Mags,
Pancake day? Controlling? Yeah it is hard trying to get others to toe the line of our expectations and boundary lines, when we don't show them where we set the lines. Be easy on yourself. You are likely just down from the beating you gave/are giving yourself. Go back to the "Cognitive Dissonance" model.

Drake,
Us too. We watched the parades on TV.

Grace,
I hope the dental work went well.

Wolf,
I heard about the storm in our news here. Hope all made it through OK.

I had my new set of choppers fitted today and they are terrible! And my last haircut last week was a disaster, and I'm not picky on those. I hate conflict despite managing it well. Some people just need a swift kick to their adz.

Gotta go. Have a computer consult and a buyer appointment to take some of the excess we have to become theirs.
Old 02-10-2016, 01:34 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  
Do your best

Mags & thank you Itchy
Old 02-10-2016, 04:11 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Happy (belated) B-Day to Venus! Sorry I missed ya yesterday

Itch, not to sound too morbid, but I think something profound happened to me after I watched my Dad pass away last year. I used to be deathly afraid of death, but now I see it as a very natural process that is part of the bigger picture of life as a whole. I can't really put it into words, but after I grieved for my Dad it's like a switch went off in my head and I feel less anxious and so much more at peace with everything around me. Maybe I feel that he's still looking out for me somehow. I just can't quite put my finger on it, but it gives me great comfort. Either that or I'm just getting old

Have a Happy Hump-Day, overs!
Old 02-10-2016, 04:37 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

^^^ getting old! lol
Old 02-10-2016, 05:43 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  
Magsie

Nice outlook, Fbl! Lol zippy!
Old 02-10-2016, 06:17 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Hey O's,

I agree, FBL - bring it on.

Gracie, hope the dentist thing went well. I am avoiding that trip like the plague. Haha, in fact, I was at my dentist's home, above his office (he is a friend and golf buddy) to watch our alma mater get crushed in hoops this past Saturday. I was sooo close to asking to take a trip downstairs to get something checked. I chickened out. Now I need to wait till spring when I come back north for my youngest's graduation.

Yes, just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back. I flew back to PA a few days ago to pick up my car and the "things" that made the cut for my newly planned minimalist lifestyle. I was to leave this morning for Florida - but a snow storm has me delayed it a day or two.

My new pad awaits. I have a good line on a part time sales gig. AA is all that and more. Gyms with body-pump are a plenty. Golfing in the winter months is the bomb! And the vitamin sea is pretty special.

Mags, hope your spirit's lift.

Hope your sale went well, Itch man.

Hi to all the rest. Off to make critical decisions to cut back what I am taking even further.

Carlos
Old 02-10-2016, 07:35 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

That's really cool Mags. Hope you start to feel more positive soon. The winter blues, a lot of us have them it seems. Around here for sure.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:33 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  
Do your best

Afternoon overs
Old 02-10-2016, 10:57 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

A flyby hi guys!
Old 02-10-2016, 12:01 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hiya Toots xx Goodnight all