Old 01-28-2016, 03:21 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Have a great Thursday, overs!
Old 01-28-2016, 05:12 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Who's your avatar today FBL?
You guys my work suddenly got way worse yesterday. My boss dropped a bomb, basically the success of the company is me and one other person's responsibility, and we have to do more work to keep up with the other outlets that have way more resources and people. I am under so much stress right now I feel like I'm going to go insane. I am so sick, sicker now and I think it's because of stress. I am so angry. She is asking, no telling, the impossible of us. I don't know what to do. My friend back home in Vancouver says I can stay with them till I figure out my next move. Which is great. But I'm so sad to leave this beautiful little oasis I've found. I'm staying home today, I'm so sick.
EternalNow, thank you! It is hard work, but a good workout! The B.C. islands are a magical place, I know. Did you go to Tofino? Isn't Long Beach the best?
Old 01-28-2016, 06:12 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Inpar. It's definitely not your or or colleagues responsibility for the success or demise of the company. You said the word boss, which in our English dictionary means boss meaning, definition, what is boss: the person who is in charge of an organization and who tells others what to do: .

The boss is responsible, you take instruction from them but, they cannot dump their responsibilities onto you!!! I know that's what bosses tend to do but really, she wants to stand up and be counted! She's one small cog who is trying to dump all her little cog teeth onto you and your colleague. Nah, do what you normally do and don't let her dump her inadequacies onto you, she's the boss, now it's time for her to sit at the grown ups table, and grow a pair!

Try not to stress yourself out, easier said than done, but don't take the weight on your shoulders!
Old 01-28-2016, 06:59 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  
Do your best

Found a good unlimited internet deal today, glens been on a big big walk & when I came home a return to love is at my door (my new book)

Chicken for dinner Glen is asleep beside me feeling good my cold is gone
Old 01-28-2016, 09:15 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Tax season nearly at an end here in the UK - thank goodness! Good to read everyone's posts!
Old 01-28-2016, 09:28 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  
Magsie

Haha feeling-good, most people don't look forward to the end of the tax year! Unless they're getting rebates!
Old 01-28-2016, 10:12 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

IP, sorry you're stressing out about work. BTW, my avi is Abe Vigoda (he played Det. Fish on Barney Miller). He just passed away at age 94.
Old 01-28-2016, 01:15 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

(((Mags))), I hope that appointment comes through soon!

(((IP)))! Mags had good thoughts on your situation. So sorry for this turn of events.
Old 01-28-2016, 01:25 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks Sassy, I'm rattling with all the tablets,lol.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:35 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  
Wu Wei

Originally Posted by FormerBeerLover View Post
IP, sorry you're stressing out about work. BTW, my avi is Abe Vigoda (he played Det. Fish on Barney Miller). He just passed away at age 94.
He also played Tessio, in the Godfather.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:43 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Oh yeah!I recognize him from Godfather.
My boss actually apologized, in her weird, backwards, still blaming you way, and invited discussion. We're having a meeting tomorrow. Should go great!!
Old 01-28-2016, 10:13 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  
Wu Wei

Originally Posted by InParticular View Post
Oh yeah!I recognize him from Godfather. My boss actually apologized, in her weird, backwards, still blaming you way, and invited discussion. We're having a meeting tomorrow. Should go great!!
Yay,! I'm happy for ya
Old 01-28-2016, 11:01 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

Hope it goes well with your discussion with boss who has run out of ideas and relies on her fantastic workers to get her out of the poo.

Very windy here ! Storm Gertrude has arrived! Looks worse in Scotland. I heard things blowing and banging about in the night.

Have a good Friday overs.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:39 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning Mags & all the overs
Old 01-29-2016, 12:31 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Wolfie!
Old 01-29-2016, 12:58 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi All,

FG I hope Dirty Gertie isn't giving you too much grief, I had to cancel my hair appointment as the bridge is closed and the long way round would add 50 miles to my trip - each way!! Fortunately my hairdresser was expecting my text it will cause chaos for those needing to commute though. It was windy all through the night I keep expecting at least one of our tall fir trees to be lying down but so far so good. Higher winds still to come. I'm thinking of buying a kite!

FBL, I'm kinda beginning to dread your avatars..... It's like reading the obits!

In par - what Mags said!

Mags sweetie I hope you begin to feel better soon, it must be completely debilitating being constantly fighting for breath. I do feel for you. X

Hugs all x
Old 01-29-2016, 03:25 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Have a Fantastic Friday, overs!
Old 01-29-2016, 05:41 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Oh no....FBL.....who now?
Yeah I'm not feeling especially optimistic about this meeting (thanks anyway EN) in fact if I think about it too much I start to get angry so I can't really think about it. I'm going into this prepared to have to explain to her why we can't do what she wants us to do, and expecting to have a crap load of more responsibility piled on us. Yay! I had a great talk with my dad yesterday, he gave me some really good advice. Basically it's just a job at the end of the day, and if it's killing me with stress, leave, it's not a failure to save your sanity and health.....or, put my head down and stick it out till the ship does go down in flames, collect my severance package and go on my merry way saying, "thanks, and seeya." Good ol' dad.
He's worked at the same company since the year I was born, worked his way from forklift driver to most senior level sales management. I respect him in a lot of ways, but we also don't see eye-to-eye on a lot too, as you can imagine.
It has been crazy windy here, but a warm Chinook wind, it's cool. When it's windy my trailer sounds like it's going to take off!
I have a date tonight after work, lord help me.
Old 01-29-2016, 05:57 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  
Magsie

Have a good date tonight, Inpar!

Thanks toots, it is annoying, I can't go far, that's for sure.

Still windy here but the sun is shining bright!
Old 01-29-2016, 06:15 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Yep, another celebrity death, another avi tribute...Paul Kantner of Jefferson Airplane/Starship died at the age of 74. RIP: