Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 25

Old 01-31-2016, 04:04 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Where is Mark?
I know he has checked in to the 24-hr thread, but missing you here Mark.
Old 01-31-2016, 05:13 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

A Texas style chili dog has mustard, cheese. onions, and chili/"hot dog sauce" from a can. Serve it with Fritos and yum! I can't wait for Friday now.
Tonight, it's easy baked ziti... Ground beef, jarred tomato sauce, pasta, and cheese. Can't be bad, right? And I did use whole wheat pasta so it's totally healthy.

On an SR note... I'm feeling like my pain meds from a couple of weeks ago have triggered some pretty strong cravings recently. That whole "check out" feeling... I slipped a month or so after my surgery last summer, giving in to the same feelings. I know to expect it now and how to react, just putting it out there for accountability. Thanks for understanding and keeping me on the right track.
Plus, we're hosting a super bowl party next weekend. In a way, I'm glad we'll be home because I have more control over the environment.
Anyways... one day at a time, right?
Old 01-31-2016, 05:21 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Conquest View Post
A Texas style chili dog has mustard, cheese. onions, and chili/"hot dog sauce" from a can. Serve it with Fritos and yum! I can't wait for Friday now.
Tonight, it's easy baked ziti... Ground beef, jarred tomato sauce, pasta, and cheese. Can't be bad, right? And I did use whole wheat pasta so it's totally healthy.

On an SR note... I'm feeling like my pain meds from a couple of weeks ago have triggered some pretty strong cravings recently. That whole "check out" feeling... I slipped a month or so after my surgery last summer, giving in to the same feelings. I know to expect it now and how to react, just putting it out there for accountability. Thanks for understanding and keeping me on the right track.
Plus, we're hosting a super bowl party next weekend. In a way, I'm glad we'll be home because I have more control over the environment.
Anyways... one day at a time, right?

Absolutely, one day at a time, Conquest, with your friendly Octsobers right by your side.
Old 01-31-2016, 05:23 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Where is Mark?
I know he has checked in to the 24-hr thread, but missing you here Mark.

Yes, we are. Where are you, Mark?
Old 01-31-2016, 05:29 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Absolutely Conquest, I remember how this affected you last year.
And for sure, you have the skills to handle it this time.
I'm glad your super bowl party is at your house, but stay close to us nevertheless.
Old 01-31-2016, 05:36 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  

One day at a time is right Conquest. Maybe consider joining us on the 24hr thread? It's a good idea to keep our goals in perspective with proactivity.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:38 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Hey gang....all is well here. I miss y'all. Had a crew doing some stuff at my office this weekend and had to be involved a bit. Then a nice six mile run this afternoon (my limit) to enjoy this spring like weather. My feet hurt. Had dinner guests this evening.

A nice hot shower accomplished and some quiet time to catch up here as the girls are all into Downton Abbey.

Way to go on recognizing the temptation Conquest. I bet you'll do great at your Super Bowl party. My brother asked about me heading down there this weekend....I didn't have time but wouldn't have anyway. Last week was rough and the thought of kicking back and having a few with my bro was briefly appealing.

You guys all sound great. Wraps up the weekend nicely. Oh and I love chili dogs. I don't know that I've ever eaten one without getting a stain on my shirt.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:50 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Great to see you, Mark. I always make a mess with chili dogs. I don't know how people can walk and eat one at the same time; baffles my mind.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:51 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Goodnight, all; catch you tomorrow.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:52 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

I actually don't think I've ever had a chili dog. They serve them around here, but they just never looked enticing to me. Those Costco hot dogs are great, just watch out if you go for a long stretch of rigid, clean, mostly vegetarian eating and then drop one of those puppies in your tummy. Goes off like a bomb. Learned that lesson the hard way a few years back.

Good day today. Walked with my buddy this morning, then took my daughter to her friend's birthday party this afternoon. Not much sitting down for me today. I'm still feeling a little cranky and physically uncomfortable, but I had a lot of success today with redirecting my thinking to the positive. My awareness today was such that I was able to catch a lot of negative thoughts that went through my head and mindfully let them go.

I actually think of it sort of like catching a spider in a jar and taking it outside. I notice the negative thought, catch it in an objective way that keeps it separate from me, have a look at how creepy it is, then set it free out of my head. Kind of a weird way to visualize it, perhaps, but it works for me. And since we were just talking about spiders anyway, seems appropriate.

Conquest - great work identifying a trigger and calling it out here. Accountability can make a world of difference, especially with a holiday coming up, and Super Bowl qualifies. I always find this time of year triggering.

This year let's be Team Sober Super Bowl! No matter who wins the game, we are the real winners here.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:57 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Team Sober Bowl - I like that, Briar.
Old 01-31-2016, 08:05 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Absolutely....Team Super Bowl. The Octsobers.

I really like your analogy Briar...would maybe prefer it to be a cockroach in that jar; they are creepy for me. And they slither. Like those sneaky bad thoughts.
Old 01-31-2016, 08:19 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Team Sober Bowl, awesome Leigh! I like that better.
Old 02-01-2016, 04:04 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

I had some brioche hot dog buns, so I toasted them under the broiler, topped them with a hotdog, homemade chili, shredded cheddar and put them back under to melt the cheese. They were served with a knife and fork-no way we were picking those up.

On a funny note, that there is a burger joint here that advertises grass fed burgers and grass fed hotdogs. The latter cracks me up. Always love a new month. Feels like a fresh start every time.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:17 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Good morning gang and happy Monday.

I'm signing on for team Sober Bowl! Your chili dogs sound great BD....thinking that may be my game day indulgence.

Time for a mug of coffee out back then hit the weights....shoulders today.....think I'll do that here at home.

Y'all are so funny with your sweet treatment of spiders. I squash 'em!
Old 02-01-2016, 06:36 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Happy Monday.

Happy February.

Have a great day, all.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:23 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Doesn't feel like February around here Leigh. It's 57 degrees right now. Goodbye last weeks snow...bye bye. Melty, melt, melt, melttttt...
Old 02-01-2016, 08:25 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
Doesn't feel like February around here Leigh. It's 57 degrees right now. Goodbye last weeks snow...bye bye. Melty, melt, melt, melttttt...
No kidding; it's 59 degrees here today - unbelievable. Still some snow yet to melt, though.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:18 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Really warm here too! Finishing up lunch and about to head out for a nice walk with the dog!
Old 02-01-2016, 10:20 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Really warm here too! Finishing up lunch and about to head out for a nice walk with the dog!
I'll take the warmth any day!!!

enjoy your walk, phoebe.