Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 9

Old 01-14-2016, 06:00 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post
Red Andy. .
It's shropshire now... the place that everyone wonders where it is!!! It's lovely. ... and very rural!
Get what you're saying as its probably one of the counties I've least visited, been a few times, Ludlow is a nice place, never been into Shrewsbury though and of course visited Ironbridge but that was many moons ago, not seen a great deal of the countryside either.
Old 01-14-2016, 06:25 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Good morning everyone! Today is day 61 for me. According to my iphone app, I have saved 23,838 calories & $1,549.53 dollars since my last drink.

Here's my question...why have I only lost 2 pounds? I'm not really eating more & 23,838 calories saved from not drinking is almost 7 pounds!!! AND I'm exercising!

I want the weight to fall off!!! Ugh. I'm not grossly overweight but I did gain some weight drinking. I want my 125 figure back! Well at least I'm sober!!! :-)

Tips?

Have a great day!
61 days are awesome! You are doing great!

I'm far behind in days, but I also want my 125 figure back lol . I guess we've just messed up our metabolism during all this time drinking. I suppose our poor mistreated bodies don't yet trust us to keep this nutrition coming regularly and stock up just to be ready for the next immense alcohol abuse. Which isn't coming!!!

From what I've read you're doing everything right and the weight will come off eventually! Keep going!

And even if I don't loose weight as fast as I would like, at least my body feels healthier. I don't miss my whole body hurting and that weird sensation of pins and needles in arms and legs after a long binge. uuugh...
Old 01-14-2016, 06:39 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tufty13 View Post
Andy - good luck in your meeting, you're showing great commitment, I doff my cap to you and if it doesn't sound too sycophantic, I get really uplifted by reading about your progress.

Sobriety for me is just the first step on a journey of personal exploration. I started it a few years ago but I got sidetracked by divorce followed by hard partying and completely lost myself again. What I really want to do is grow emotionally and spiritually but it's going to take more than not drinking and posting a few sound bites on SR for that to happen. Ah, if only there were a pill I could take, then you'd be talking (except I tried that too!).

Enfin, no one's ever going to get sober in Glastonbury! I'm just a stone's throw away.

So you're now a Salopian, it's one of my favourite counties. I've walked the Wenlocks, the Stiperstones, parts of Offas Dyke, all round Church Stretton and beyond. Still got an old railway clock I bought in a junk shop in Bridgnorth years ago.

I used to work out of Ludlow and travelled visiting farmers all over rural Shropshire back in the day. The only thing wrong with Shropshire is that it's not Herefordshire ;-) now that is a stunning county!

Ah well, out of respect for the international nature of the SR community I'd better not turn this into a love-fest for rural Blighty.
Cheers Tufty, appreciate that mate and really like the first line of your second paragraph, that would also be great way of putting it for me too.

I was a little anxious when going in but as always went into absolute overdrive within a minute of being in there, think after an hour and ten mins the poor guys head was spinning somewhat, told him how much help SR had been over the past 2 months and where I'm currently at and one thing he suggested to me is that attending a couple of AA meetings could be beneficial for me, due to my association with religion and the higher power side of things and also AVRT I have avoided it however I'm open to anything to help me along the way on this journey, no harm in going and seeing what its all about I guess.
Old 01-14-2016, 06:55 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Today is day 61 for me. According to my iphone app, I have saved 23,838 calories & $1,549.53 dollars since my last drink.

Here's my question...why have I only lost 2 pounds? I'm not really eating more & 23,838 calories saved from not drinking is almost 7 pounds!!! AND I'm exercising!

I want the weight to fall off!!! Ugh. I'm not grossly overweight but I did gain some weight drinking. I want my 125 figure back! Well at least I'm sober!!! :-)

Tips?

Have a great day!
Hi Kiki, congrats on 61 days (we're the same weekend)

Guess it depends on what you're eating too - definitely recommend high protein low carb for weight loss - forget processed foods, cook everything from scratch and try to cut out as much sugar as possible, if not all for a couple of weeks - it is difficult for the first few days but energy levels boosted hugely once past day 5 - you've nailed the no alcohol bit already ;-) limit dairy too (again omit for first two weeks if you can).

UD is also the man to chip in on this one - Whole 30 would be a great thing to take a look at too.
Old 01-14-2016, 07:29 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Kiki congrats on day 61! That is great! Today is day 14 for me. I've been doing well. There have been a few times when I caught myself romantizing (sp?) drinking wine, beer or a cocktail but I stopped that thought process right away. I have noticed that my husband seems a bit more edgy with me since I am not drinking and am trying to watch my diet. He has gone out to local bars nearly every night after I go to sleep. He is upset with me because I passed on a social event Friday night, which means he is going alone. Hopefully he'll come around and see that I am trying to be better.
Old 01-14-2016, 07:37 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Tips?

Have a great day!
Muscle gain kiki? I'm in the same boat, been ob the elliptical daily for the past 2 weeks. Sober/59 out of 60 days. One lousy pound. HOWEVER, my jeans fit differently and are looser. Sometimes the scale isn't everything. I received some complements on looking good from classmates i haven't seen for a little overmonth. Attributed to not being hungover and bloated I bet :-) we'll get there. Baby steps
Old 01-14-2016, 12:10 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

happy thursday everyone
Old 01-14-2016, 12:48 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hi guys, I haven't had a chance to read the posts after my post this morning about my weight but I just wanted to check back in because my AV is whispering!!!

I took a nap and had a drinking dream! I got in a fight with my husband & was going to drink! I literally had a huge craving in my dream and was on my way to the store to buy alcohol. I even justified it in my dream & did all the planning! It was VERY REAL!

It scared me & now I have a craving. :-( I will NOT drink though! I am posting here & then I'm gonna call my sponsor & pray. I have a class tonight so I wouldn't be able to drink anyway. But still scared me! I don't EVER want to drink again!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else have drinking dreams???
Old 01-14-2016, 01:14 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hi guys, I haven't had a chance to read the posts after my post this morning about my weight but I just wanted to check back in because my AV is whispering!!!

I took a nap and had a drinking dream! I got in a fight with my husband & was going to drink! I literally had a huge craving in my dream and was on my way to the store to buy alcohol. I even justified it in my dream & did all the planning! It was VERY REAL!

It scared me & now I have a craving. :-( I will NOT drink though! I am posting here & then I'm gonna call my sponsor & pray. I have a class tonight so I wouldn't be able to drink anyway. But still scared me! I don't EVER want to drink again!!!!!!!!!

In my book image of you, you bkend nutritious smoothies and drink sparkling water. You can't ruin it for me... how will I cope!

And yes , I do... not helpful, but I also have abandonment dreams, flying dreams, funny dreams and others. ... so it's just a dream. Put it back in the box. You doing g awesome lady !!!!
Old 01-14-2016, 01:41 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Well done Kiki, great resolve. Keep it up, we can't afford to lose our Master in Arms to an AV.

I drank several mojitos? a few nights ago. God knows what that was about. I don't even like cocktails. It must have been a throwback to something I did at a party..... at some point .......but can't remember now.

We've got your back!
Old 01-14-2016, 01:43 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I went to see my Dr today. We had a good talk. We talked about forgiveness, forgive ourselves, love ourselves. Let go of the past. I am feeling very emotional now, lots to think about...
Old 01-14-2016, 02:12 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know it's easy for me to say but I would try and not worry too much about the weight right now Kiki.

Don't lose focus on the main goal

D
Old 01-14-2016, 03:03 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

One minute at a time. I'm going to cuddle up with my boy. One second at a time. I don't need to be a hero. Just one minute at a time.
Old 01-14-2016, 03:20 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Administrator

“You can stand anything for 10 seconds...then you just start on a new 10 seconds.”

D
Old 01-14-2016, 03:34 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hi Kiki, are you doing okay now? Just saw your post. I have drinking dreams too. Dreams can seem so incredibly real sometimes, whether there is alcohol in them or not. I hate that unsettled feeling. Good for you for coming here and posting!

Patricia, I'm glad you had a good therapy session. Yep, just focus on the right now you can make it through.

I hope everyone else is well!
Old 01-14-2016, 05:35 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Wow guys. I had an epic battle with AV on and off all day. I had made up my mind to drink tonight.

"Why post on SR, Im drinking today"?

"just one or two glasses of wine tonight and finish up the bottle tomorrow while SO is out of town for work, He'll never know"

"You exercised early so drinking a little wont ruin progress in your diet totally, you still have 750 kcal to blow... could skip food and not be tempted to binge eat after you drink the wine"

Forms of kcal were being discussed in my evening Pathophysiology lecture. The alcohol being discussed was flashing neon on the whiteboard.

"Swing by the store and get a nice bottle of red on the way home."

I glance at Nov 2015 and like a few posts during break. Kiki is saying no way. Dee says the weight is not important right now.

"Ignore those"

But I didn't.

I played the tape ... all the way home and straight to the fridge.

So close. I can't drink normally. Don't let your guard down.

I can drink in excess. I can drink sneakily. I can drink at the detriment of myself and my family. I can drink if I want to destroy my life.
Old 01-14-2016, 06:29 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Oh man, Blackbird, I'm glad you are okay! I hate the AV!! It is so freaking calculating like that!! Arggg. I'm so glad you played the tape through and didn't drink. You are absolutely right. Drinking would only ruin your life. That is what it would do. That is what it would do to my life too. Thinking about you!! (((Blackbird)))
Old 01-14-2016, 06:36 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad BBF

D
Old 01-14-2016, 08:08 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for all the advice, kind words etc. on my post about weight loss & drinking dreams. I'm exhausted from my class tonight but sober! You guys are awesome.

BlackBirdFly! You're doing great!!!

Patricia...10 seconds at a time!

Enfin...I DO drink smoothies & sparkling water! Haha

Rah...you're doing amazing! Xo

Everyone....don't give up until the miracle happens!

Hi Dee!!! :-)
Old 01-14-2016, 08:10 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SwimKim12 View Post
Hi Kiki, are you doing okay now? Just saw your post. I have drinking dreams too. Dreams can seem so incredibly real sometimes, whether there is alcohol in them or not. I hate that unsettled feeling. Good for you for coming here and posting! Patricia, I'm glad you had a good therapy session. Yep, just focus on the right now you can make it through. I hope everyone else is well!
Much better Kim! Thanks for asking!!! My dream was a NIGHTMARE! I never ever want to drink that poison again! Scares me so bad!

How are you???